• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott in Vail

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
My friend's mom is going to turn over her weeks purchased several years ago back to Marriott. Before doing that she offered the weeks to her daughter. They are two weeks in Vail Evergreen, during prime ski season. She said fees were about $1400 a year. I told her she should take the two weeks and keep one, use the points since it is an immediate family member giving it to her and then sell the other one due to it being prime season.

Do you guys know if the Steamside at Vail Evergreen building sells well resale? I see some Vail weeks on Redweek for a $1 but then I see the same unit on the Marriott Resale page for $28,000.

What are your thoughts experts? Would you recommend I convince my friend to keep the units.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Prime ski season weeks always have value.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If she skis and keeps both she could likely rent one for nearly the MF of both and then get a week's free Ski accommodation each year.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Does anyone know if they are hard to sell? I can't tell by Redweek which weeks for sale are Birch, Douglas, or Evergreen so I have no idea what to recommend as a price range she sell it for. She's not much of a skier so would be using points for other places.

Is there any advantage with points to own two weeks besides just more points? I know if you want to book weeks you can book 13 months in advance when owning two. Is there something similar for her for booking with points? I'm guessing each week is worth about 5000 points similar to Mountainside weeks

SnowDogDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the 2-bedroom/2-bath on Redweek for $1. I was tempted, but I am not sure which building it is in, and it does appear to be on the ground floor, so probably no view or worse.

The thing that surprised me was the $3K maint fees. Anyone know why so high? Is it the week? The size? The fact that it is a fixed week?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Evergreen is the nicest of the three Marriott buildings at Streamside Vail.

Evergreen is the only building purpose built by Marriott in Vail. Douglas and Birch were bought already completed. Evergreen is all two bedroom, two bathroom non-lock off units that are designed in traditional Marriott timeshare fashion. The other buildings have more variety in unit layout and floor plans.

I'd say all ski destination timeshares have higher maintenance fees than other locations.

Having people walk through buildings wearing ski boots and carrying sports equipment indoors always puts more wear and tear on the units and common hallways. The weather is colder so there are extra energy costs and snow removal to think of.

This property has an indoor/outdoor pool that is maintained and heated year round. It also provides a shuttle bus all day long to take skiers to the gondola and Vail Village.

When you consider all of the above, this Marriott's maintenance fee is not out of line with other ski timeshares in Vail.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Ski weeks always have value. Rent out, resell or have Marriott Resale do it for her. Do not deed it back. I can recommend a good broker. Also with Vail Resorts owning PC mountain, their passes can be used in both mountains making ownership economical and more viable even for renting out. Brokers can also help to rent this out.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
Thanks everyone, I have passed along all this advice to my friend.

sudiski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the 2-bedroom/2-bath on Redweek for $1. I was tempted, but I am not sure which building it is in, and it does appear to be on the ground floor, so probably no view or worse.

The thing that surprised me was the $3K maint fees. Anyone know why so high? Is it the week? The size? The fact that it is a fixed week?

Most of the Redweek ads will tell you what building the unit is in down in the "Posting Details". Also, if a deed number is given, Birch will have a BI*number, Douglas a DO*number and Evergreen an EV*number. If just a 4 digit number is given, the first number of the unit designates the first letter of the building. B is the 2nd letter in the alphabet, so Birch units will be 2xxx, Douglas will be 4xxx and Evergreen will be 5xxx.

As for maintenance fees, Birch units are fixed units and fixed weeks. The maintenance fees are based on season and square footage of the unit. The lowest maintenance fee is for a studio in spring or fall at $442/week and the highest is for a 2 bedroom for weeks 51 and 52 at $4156/week. Douglas and Evergreen are all floating units in a season. Maintenance fees for all seasons and unit sizes in Douglas are the same at $1562/week. Evergreen units are all 2 bedrooms and the maintenance fee for all weeks is $1758/week.