• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Hutchinson Island

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at this Marriott Hotel/resort? I'm trying to find accomodations during our short visit over the winter break......and since we have family we'd like to visit in both Stuart and West Palm Beach, thought we'd break up our stay. I found a good rate at the HI Marriott, and it includes breakfast. Yes, it's just a "hotel room", but it's only for 2 nights, and just my youngest son and myself, so we can "rough it". :D Just wondering if anyone has stayed in that area before, and what the resort is like? I have heard "Bathtub beach" mentioned several times....anyone visited? I know the weather in Dec. is "iffy" for ocean swimming....but just in case....:p

Deb

lifestylehvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not stayed there but work near by , Bath tub beach is a pretty nice spot reef is close to shore and weather should be good then maybe a little cold only 70 - 80 during the day and 60 at night the water will be cold too around 74 - 78 degrees , but there are people from up north that like that kind of weather , the hotel is also pretty nice and is kept up with very well you should have a pleasent stay :D

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Deb,

The Navy Seal Museum on North Hutchinson Island is fun and informative.
http://www.navysealmuseum.com/
Actually, the beach near the museum is where WWII troops trained for the Normandy Invasion - full-size replicas of the German beach barriers were used in the training and many are displayed on the Museum grounds. Also on display is a captured Iraqi gun-boat from Desert Storm.

Also you're not too far away from Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
http://www.floridastateparks.org/fortpierceinlet/default.cfm

Many antique shops in the area too

Richard

jeffcarp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at this Marriott. You should know that the main hotel and rooms are NOT on the ocean. They are several blocks inland along the main road. There is an ocean front building also with nice rooms but I doubt any special deals would put you in this building.

I was not crazy about the area. I go to Florida every year and visiting here would be low on my list. The beach is a very steep and has a lot of shells that make barefoot walking not much fun.

It was a nice relaxing vacation just not my favorite place.

lifestylehvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
The beach has had alot of new sand put on it due to hurricanes and storms over the last few years bathtub beach got hit pretty bad this last year but they have it pretty well restored

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I knohe hotel is not on the ocean...the description when I booked the room mentioned "1/4 mile away from ocean". But, as I mentioned earlier, we are taking this short getaway to visit family who "winter" in the Stuart and West Palm Beach area. In past years, I've stayed on Singer Island....and just driven up to Stuart for a visit. However, with this year's visit being only 5 days, I'm having difficulty finding a rental/exchange in the Singer Island area. When the I found the deal for the Hutchinson Island Marriott, I decided to book it, and split our trip into 2. My son enjoys golfing, and usually has outings with both of the sides of the family that we are planning on visiting. The HI Marriott info says it has a golf course on property? We only plan on staying there 2 nights; then head back to West Palm Beach/Singer Island area for the other 3 nights of the trip. (My great aunt has already offered for us to stay w/ her in the WPB area...but she lives in a retirement community, so if I can find something on Singer Island, that's what I prefer).

DEB