• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grand Vista

shmuggee

Reaction score
Will be staying in a 3 bdrm there at the beginning of the month.

Are there any units to stay away from? Any good ones that you would recommend?

Thanks

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Grande Vista is a very nice resort and there are no particular areas that I'd suggest avoiding. However, the resort is undergoing refurbishment so I'd suggest that you call the resort a week or two before your check-in date to request a refurbed villa.

Dick Taylor

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buildings 77 and 78 are the newest and have 3 bedroom units. They are very nice!

janna1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there in the first week of Jan this year. We were in building 89, 3rd floor. We got a serious cockroaches problem. I know that cockroaches can be seen in the warm area like Florida. If I just see one or two, I won't complain. There were a lot, in the kitchen and bathroom. Some are as Large as finger nail long and some are as small as black seasame seed. We had to call housekeeping to come and spray every day. Meanwhile we had run the dish washer first before we used any plates or cup. On the 5th day, we even found them in the dish washer not too long after the washing was done, crawling around our clean dishes. We could not stand it anymore. We requested for a room change, even though took us a lot time to pack and unpack our staff. After we moved to build 92, we didn't have the bug problem anymore. But the dish washer was half working. The reason I said that is, it did run, but after washing, you can see the detergent on the dishes. Finally we gave up using the kitchen facilities.

Other than this, the resort looks beauiful. Good luck!

shmuggee

Reaction score
Bldg 77

Thanks all!

We pulled into MGV yesterday and got our place. Very nice spot, great view of the lake and a short par-3 over the water. Very happy with the unit - 3bdrm, and my sister who came down from the cold north, is impressed (and more importantly) not complaining!:whoopie:

Took a walk around the resort. Place is quite nice...

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in a 2 bedroom in Building 78 last January and had pretty much the same view as you. It was great! I had two sisters-in-law staying with me and they both loved it. One of them had me help her and her husband get an exchange there for the following March. They both loved the resort and their unit. They were in a one bedroom unit and are not Marriott owners so they ended up in a first floor unit in building 79. It wasn't the most choice location, but they were happy with it.
Enjoy Grande Vista. It is a very well run resort with a staff that is always pleasant to their guests.