• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Grand Chateau First Day

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I'm assuming you saw this Ebay resale price on a 3bdrm...quite a bit lower than the current price list.

Brian

Added--I read the ad closer and totally missed the every other year mention, which makes it a bad deal in my opinion. Now I'm surprised it sold at that price and noted that the last bid was way above the previous, which I assume is because the #2 bidder also bid near the winning amount.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTTS-GRAND...407283238QQcategoryZ15897QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
Gary, we went to see the condos here a few days ago. I could not believe how many people were touring the condos at the same time when we were there. The units were full of people so it was hard to look around and take it all in. They told us that 300 people are touring here per day! I wonder if I understood this right?

The resort is not on the strip but only a few steps away from the Bellagio Hotel and the Paris Las Vegas Hotel too. MGM wasn't far either. You can easy walk it. :) Yes, it is a very nice resort but I wonder what they will build between here and the strip as real estate is so expensive. There are some flimsy buildings there and big parking lots that will disappear for sure.

It is amazing how much building is going on at the strip and the prices of these private condos must be outrageous because some people have bought 52 weeks here too at the Grand Chateau as that seems to be cheaper than buying a private condo outright. Can you believe this so it is not only at the Newport Coast Villas where someone has done that too. These people do not have to move from unit to unit every week so it is like owning a private condo.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8863

I really wonder how much longer this real estate bubble will continue? Prices are going up again in the beginning of November. People, who bought early here, must be very happy. :D It is a beautiful resort. Congratulations!

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
300 is the number I heard also.

I was told by the GM that there are already plans for the space between the Grand Chateau and the strip. This area is currently being used by a Travel Lodge, a strip mall, the Harley Davidson Cafe and parking. The GM wasn't specific on what would take its place. I've heard some rumors, but am waiting on something more reliable.

As far as the bubble goes, I feel it's more likely to plateau than pop. Some areas may have an actual correction, probably in the one digit percent range, but LV will be less susceptible. LV will get hurt with another 9/11. Since we're not doing anything to protect our boarders, it's just a matter of time.

How's that for ending on an up beat?

Patricia

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW, have a great vacation, and keep in touch

:) Wow, sounds like you will have a great vacation in the new Marriott.

Wish we were there !!!!

If you have time, please give us a quick preview when you return.

(This December we are off to the Marriott Canyon Villas in Phoenix.)

But our next vacation (2006) will hopefully be to the new Marriott in Las Vegas.

Enjoy yourselves, but remember to give your fellow Tuggers a glimpse...
(yes, we are a curious bunch)

Regards,
Patricia

rawarnock

Reaction score
[Edited to delete message, as it does not pertain to the subject of this thread. Also, if you start a new thread, be careful to avoid giving such specific info about your ownership that your post might be treated as an ad, which would not be permitted on these forums. Dave M, BBS Administrator

Last edited by a moderator: