• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott e-trade rules

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Marriott which I just deposited in Interval and requested an exchange. I locked off my 2 bdrm and deposited both sides, each of which trade as a 1 bedroom. I can only request two 1 bedroom units but I really want two 2 bedroom units. I understand that I cannot request a unit larger than what I deposited. I am also enrolled in the DC program. How and when can I request an e trade? Do I have to pay for this? Is there a timeframe within which to do this?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is true that you can only request like size for like size with an Interval Int'l exchange. However, you can get around this restriction by requesting resorts that only have two bedroom units. Going to Orlando? Request a resort such as Cypress Harbour or Sabal Palms.

Trying for the harder to exchange into dedicated two bedrooms such as Newport Coast or Waiohai might be a long wait, but you can still request those resorts.

You can use e-trade after you already have received an exchange. So if you do request a one bedroom unit with each side of your unit, and get a one bedroom match, then you purchase the e-trade certiificate and search online yourself for an instant re-trade into a larger sized unit. I believe the fee is $59.

The timeframe for e-trade is from when you receive your exchange right up until resort check-in.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
E-Plus is $49. I believe you have only 5 days to add it after your exchange is matched. With E-Plus you get 3 instant retrades for free.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are enrolled in Marriott's Destinations Club program and using weeks inside your corporate II account, then you can't purchase EPlus. This isn't a bad thing, it is because EPlus is effectively free as long as you are retrading in to other Marriott properties. There is no exchange fee to trade or retrade a Marriott in to another Marriott for enrolled owners. You also have unlimited retrades and are not limited to only three that EPlus allows.

The problem is if you want to retrade in to a non Marriott, you have to pay the full exchange fee each time.

With retrading, you can't place an ongoing search. You have to be diligent and watch II like a hawk for possible instant exchanges to retrade in to. This is the best way to uptrade in to a larger unit if you are trying to trade a 1BR or smaller in to a 2BR unit at resorts with 1BR and studio sised units.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dioxide. This is the info I really needed. I have a Lakeshore 2 bedroom which I locked off into two 1 bedroom units. I want to trade back into Lakeshore if I can and I have requested a lower season so I might get lucky. If not, there are lots of other Marriott properties in Orlando that are dedicated 2 bedrooms but I'm still hoping for Lakeshore.

smithde

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I've already made an exchange and am an enrolled owner, how do I go about looking for an "uptrade"? Does the exchanged unit show up in II with the "Vacation Exchange" button active?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Go to the history tab on the top of the II page. Go to exchanges. Find the exchange and click retrade to start searching. It won't actually retrade and release your current trade until you go through all the pages and do the final reconfirm. You can back out at any time up to that point.

Last edited:

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
If you are enrolled in Marriott's Destinations Club program and using weeks inside your corporate II account, then you can't purchase EPlus. This isn't a bad thing, it is because EPlus is effectively free as long as you are retrading in to other Marriott properties. There is no exchange fee to trade or retrade a Marriott in to another Marriott for enrolled owners. You also have unlimited retrades and are not limited to only three that EPlus allows.
<snip>

My original trade was Maui Ocean Club to Ko Olina.
I'm interested in changing to a 2br within Ko Olina where I already have a 1br confirmation. I did not buy e-plus.

Will it work ? (It lets me search etc but I don't want to click further yet).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My original trade was Maui Ocean Club to Ko Olina.
I'm interested in changing to a 2br within Ko Olina where I already have a 1br confirmation. I did not buy e-plus.

Will it work ? (It lets me search etc but I don't want to click further yet).

Is your week enrolled? If so, you can retrade for no additional cost. If you are not enrolled in DC, then you can still retrade, but you will have to pay an additional exchange fee.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Yes, it's enrolled.

Thanks for the quick response.

So that means I can invoke eplus even tho' it's months since I got the confirmation?

I'd never heard of eplus before, this is only our second ever trade !

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You get free Marriott to Marriott exchanges which include free Marriott to Marriott retrades. You do not have eplus. You are not eligible for eplus even when you pay and exchange for something that is not a Marriott. Eplus has specific nuances (for example that might reset your original deposits expiration date either shortening the time or extending it) that you do not have and don't need to know or worry about because it isn't what you would be using.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
You get free Marriott to Marriott exchanges which include free Marriott to Marriott retrades. You do not have eplus. You are not eligible for eplus even when you pay and exchange for something that is not a Marriott. Eplus has specific nuances (for example that might reset your original deposits expiration date either shortening the time or extending it) that you do not have and don't need to know or worry about because it isn't what you would be using.
Thanks a bunch.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your week enrolled? If so, you can retrade for no additional cost. If you are not enrolled in DC, then you can still retrade, but you will have to pay an additional exchange fee.

Sorry to tag to an old thread.. But with the Corporate II DC enrolled account type and retrade - how late can you Marriott to Marriott retrade and are there late retrade penalities?

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score

I've been researching this some more since I have a scenario where corp vs eplus comes into play. I have two accounts corp and original.

With corp and eplus the late penalty boxes are all the same. So to answer my own question - with corp retrade the 60 day window restrictions are the same as eplus.

The advantage of eplus is that you can extend the week on deposit's expiration by 10 months if you do the e-plus retrades right. With the II Corporate under no circumstances can you confirm a reservation past the expiration date of the week on deposit. You could argue forcing a replacement week might be similar - but this has it's own perils and such a scenario is not an apples to apples comparison.

For those that have a choice - E-Plus costs more but has this expiration extension advantage for a deposited week.

Last edited: