• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Dinner for Two certificates

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread about Marriotts that accept the Dinner for Two certificates (the ones you can purchase for $109 online at https://gifts.marriott.com/giftCertificate.aspx?type=dinnerForTwo ).

My son used a couple this past June at the JW Phuket. He loved the resort and said they had two wonderful dinners with these certificates, a great value!

Other places you have been successful with these Dinner for Two certs?

ejp

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used them in Las Vegas. We had dinner at the Envy Steakhouse located in the Renaissance and we used another certificcate at Ceres Restaurant located at the JW Marriott.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thread! Will be useful.

We just used it Tuesday at the JW Marriott in Desert Springs. It was accepted at both Tuscany and the Lakeview restaurant (can't remember the name). It was a good deal. Our bill was 140.00 prior to tax and gratuity. The cert covered all. I asked the server what % gratuity he received, he said 18%. Food was surprisingly good. When we first sat down and showed him the cert he said it was good for upto $90.00. I said I didn't think so. He took it to the manager and the manager confirmed there was no price limit, just the limitations listed on the cert. i.e. no bird's nest soup etc.

Has anyone used it at the restaurant at the Kauai Resort in Lihue? (Not Waiohai.)

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
My niece is going to Marriott Ko Olina for her honeymoon. Where can they be used there?

They aren't good at Vacation Club properties, so the restaurant at the Ko'Olina Beach Club won't accept them.

However, the JW Hotel has at least one restaurant that should take it, Napuaka Terrace (spelling?). Azul's, also at the JW is listed as an exclusion on the certificate.

Has anyone actually used one at the JW Marriott on Oahu?

mjkaplan

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lawrence Welk Resort, San Diego, CA
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II , Palm Desert, CA
Great thread! Will be useful.

We just used it Tuesday at the JW Marriott in Desert Springs. It was accepted at both Tuscany and the Lakeview restaurant (can't remember the name). It was a good deal. Our bill was 140.00 prior to tax and gratuity. The cert covered all. I asked the server what % gratuity he received, he said 18%. Food was surprisingly good. When we first sat down and showed him the cert he said it was good for upto $90.00. I said I didn't think so. He took it to the manager and the manager confirmed there was no price limit, just the limitations listed on the cert. i.e. no bird's nest soup etc.

Has anyone used it at the restaurant at the Kauai Resort in Lihue? (Not Waiohai.)

We used one at the Sea Grill at the JW Marriott in Desert Springs, with 2 Filet and Lobster dinners and all the other items, our bill was well over $200 and it was a fantastic dinner.

Mike

Last edited:

oakleaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our dinner for two certificate at Simply Fish, in Aruba at the Marriott hotel. We told the waiter we were going to use our certificate and wanted to order lobster. He told us to order surf and turf which was twice as much. The meal was great and would have cost well over $200.

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are headed for an exchange week in New Orleans the end of Sept. (hope the storms are over by then!)

Has any one use one of the cert. there?? If so what do you recommend?

bafriend2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bump !!!

Any other dinner for two restaurants.

We're headed to Ko Olina. Still looking for advise on participating restaurants.

Thanx, Betty

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thread LAX Mom! These seem like wonderful deals. Is there any way to find out what hotels are accepting these through Marriott?

I guess we could call the Marriott hotels around our timeshares to see if their restaurants accept them.

Anyone use one around Newport?

Jan

auntdef

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used at "Carneros" The Lodge at Sonoma (Renaissance), T'Bones Steakhouse (Bridgewater NJ, Marriott) and Roy's (Ko'Olina HI, JW).

Can kick myself for forgetting to get them for the JW in both Palm Desert and Scottsdale:( .

I would call and confrim with a manager at the restaurant you are interested in and remember their name, I had a heck of a time explaining to the wait staff what this deal was about in Carneros....happily I had noted the name and date of my conversation.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used at "Carneros" The Lodge at Sonoma (Renaissance), T'Bones Steakhouse (Bridgewater NJ, Marriott) and Roy's (Ko'Olina HI, JW).

Roy's at Ko'Olina, Hawaii, JW? Wow, that's amazing! Was this recently? That is definitely a great value!

Since they aren't on the hotel premises I would never have thought to use one there. I know they're located at the Ko'Olina golf course, but I didn't realize there was an association with Marriott.

auntdef

TUG Member
Reaction score
...this was over two years ago, also I think the Roy's at the Financial Center Marriott in NYC takes them....but I would call ahead and double check.

We were just in Roy's Poipu (meal w/tx & tip abt $75pp) and I would say Carneros and most steakhouses are just as good a deal :) .

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Interesting post. Can anyone confirm if/where they are good in NYC? If so, might be a nice gift idea, since I'm local.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How long does it take before Marriott mails the certificate to your home?

bafriend2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my gift certificate in about a week.
We're planning on using it Roy's at JW KoOlina

Only 9 more days left till we leave for Hawaii. Betty

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long does it take before Marriott mails the certificate to your home?

Cathy-

There are mailed from Salt Lake City and arrive pretty quick. I'm in SLC and when I ordered some they came in a day or two. I would think to California would be less than a week.

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a menu from "The Trapiche Room" at the JW in Miami?

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score

You can use these at Kukui's, Aupaka Terrace and Kalapaki Grill but it will bar hard to make it worth your money at any of these restaurants.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called Sam & Harry's Steakhouse in the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa and they accept the certificates. I can't see how they wouldn't be a great deal at this restaurant especially in light of the fact that they include the sales tax & tip!

We can't eat like this too often, but what a treat once during the timeshare week!

The person on the phone that confirmed it was Meadow and here is a link to the restaurant: http://www.samandharrys.com/newportbeach/contact.html

Jan

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sam & Harry's looks great!

I think I'm going to order some of these certificates and then start planning trips around them. There are some very tempting options!!

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
We just used one at LG Smiths steakhouse at the Renaissance in Aruba. They just stopped taking them.

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 2 and am having a hard time finding places that even know what they are. Called Sam and Harry's in Newport and they said they do not take them now. The lady said some thing about the "Open Dinning" program. Marriott needs to better inform there properties about this program.

Going to New Orleans the end of the month would like to use one there.
Called Roy's at Desert Ridge (PHX) and they do not take them.
Has anyone used them in Phoenix? LAX??
Looks like they are easily used in Palm Springs.

Is there a website for this with Marriott??

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good thread. I know you cannot use the cerificate at the TS restaurants in St. Thomas but are there any worthwhile restaurants to use this at Frenchman's Reef & Morningstar? I thought you could not use these at Havana Blue but I just checked the Terms and FAQ and I did not see that restaurant listed under the "can't use" restaurants. Not sure if Havana Blue is part of the TS or Hotel.

Can anyone clarify this and if they are a good value at Havana Blue?

Thanks.

Last edited:

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there at Frenchman's Cove last Oct/Nov Havana Blu did not accept them.:( Did not try them in any other restaurant.