• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Chase Credit Card

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just to make things more complicated...some Marriott credit cards give you a 35K certificate, and some give you a 40K certificate, and I think some give you a 50K certificate. (I have the 35K kind of credit card.)

Credit card free night certificates come in only 35k or 50k. The 40k free night certificates is a choice when you stay 75 nights a year and reach Titanium status.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was easy to do with certificates like the ones from travel packages but NOT with the credit card certificates, although occasionally we get reports of someone finding an agent who will do it for you. I have extended many travel package certificates but have never been successful in extending credit card certificates. Marriott extended them automatically without a request during the pandemic, but that is a special case.

I definitely got the credit card certificates extended one year several times. They extended one the year Hurricane Sandy hit, because we were staying in a Marriott at the time because we had no power. And I've gotten them extended more recently, too. I haven't been a Titanium all that long, so these had to be cc certificates.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I am chomping at the bit waiting for my card to come in the mail. It's been listed in my Chase account since the second day. They did tell me on the phone that it would take 7-10 days to get and today is day 8. I didn't have a Bonvoy account and it said I would be assigned one with the credit card, so still waiting for that information before I can look at making any plans. In hindsight, I would have made a Bonvoy account first to help with my impatience. Hopefully, the room I want in SF will still be available by the time I get the account. I want to earn those points for that stay.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Just got an email with this offer for my existing Bonvoy Boundless card…. May want to check your inboxes if elite nights are important to you. Need to click through the link to activate it.

Earn 1 Elite Night Credit for every $3,000 you spend on your Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Card from July 1 through September 30, 2021.¹

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel like I am chomping at the bit waiting for my card to come in the mail. It's been listed in my Chase account since the second day. They did tell me on the phone that it would take 7-10 days to get and today is day 8. I didn't have a Bonvoy account and it said I would be assigned one with the credit card, so still waiting for that information before I can look at making any plans. In hindsight, I would have made a Bonvoy account first to help with my impatience. Hopefully, the room I want in SF will still be available by the time I get the account. I want to earn those points for that stay.

You should have asked them to rush ship it. Chase will send a card via UPS 1-2 day shipping instead of through the US mail for no cost to you if you specifically ask for it, or tell them you need it for an upcoming trip, etc.