• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott-branded timeshares planned for World Gateway near Disney World

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder which side of Hyatt it would be on. I don't own any on either, but seem to recall that there is still a difference between the original Hyatt side of things and the Welk Hyatt side. If they're looking to sell Welk inventory, it might make more sense on that side of things, but who knows. HGVC has taken on selling the old Diamond/HVC trust product at HGVC sites, so it could be either.
Okay. I think a hint as to what they might be considering comes from an interview that John Geller did at the J.P. Morgan Gaming, Lodging, Restaurant & Leisure Management Access Forum on March 14th. You can find this in the Events & Presentations section of the Marriott Vacations Worldwide website Investor Relations page. In speaking to a question about Hyatt he was talking about Hyatt Vacation Club properties not being in great sales markets. He specifically mentioned Orlando and that they "would probably not build a new Marriott resort but we would build a new Hyatt". He did mention they could possibly turn $40 or $50 million a year in sales, but they need to get inventory there first. With that, I fully expect this new resort to be a Hyatt Vacation Club property.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Orlando becoming over built with resorts, hotels and timeshare within a five (5) miles radius of WDW, Universal & Seaworld ?

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Orlando over built with hotels and timeshare within a five (5) miles radius of WDW, Universal & Seaworld ?

They wouldn't keep building them if there wasn't demand for them. And Universal is about to open an entire new theme park which will certainly bring in even more visitors.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Why not? This may not even be a Marriott Vacation Club. Perhaps they make it Westin Vacation Club or possibly even Hyatt Vacation Club.

I hope they come up with a different name than Gateway Vista.

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about this on any past VAC earnings calls.
Westin would be awesome. I heard a bunch of rumors from the saleslady at the Marriott/Westin presentation but didn't know what to think of anything she had to say. She was bloviating to use a full hour of time after realizing we were Chairman's Club and didn't have any plans to use that status in Marriott. She did say that Westin would be building more resorts in several different locations, and I am sure Disney was mentioned. What I would love to see is a Westin or Marriott very close to Disneyland. I would dump my WorldMark in a heartbeat.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Westin would be awesome. I heard a bunch of rumors from the saleslady at the Marriott/Westin presentation but didn't know what to think of anything she had to say. She was bloviating to use a full hour of time after realizing we were Chairman's Club and didn't have any plans to use that status in Marriott. She did say that Westin would be building more resorts in several different locations, and I am sure Disney was mentioned. What I would love to see is a Westin or Marriott very close to Disneyland. I would dump my WorldMark in a heartbeat.
We know Westin Vacation Club will be coming to Savannah and Charleston. It looks like Hyatt Vacation Club might be the one they are considering for this new Orlando property. Just a guess based on certain information gleaned from different sources.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
It certainly makes the most sense for this to be a Hyatt location. I mean Hyatt has to be the only major timeshare system without an Orlando location! Orlando is the timeshare capital of the world for a reasonā€¦

And it seems like Marriott is never going to be able to fold the Hyatt system into the larger Marriott/Vistana network they need to make it more appealing as a stand-alone system.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I would love to see Hyatt in Orlando, but no internal preference for me, if Hyatt even has internal preference.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would love to see Hyatt in Orlando, but no internal preference for me, if Hyatt even has internal preference.
Hyatt owners aren't able to exchange into other Hyatt resorts through II. At least with the legacy Hyatt Residence Club resorts (non Welk)

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
They wouldn't keep building them if there wasn't demand for them. And Universal is about to open an entire new theme park which will certainly bring in even more visitors.
I guess, but anyone even a little in timesharing knows you can pretty much always get availability in Orlando. That's not to say they can't *sell* in Orlando, just that there's not much all full up happening there. Here's where opportunity to sell might be very high in Orlando, but actual need for use isn't necessarily there.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay. I think a hint as to what they might be considering comes from an interview that John Geller did at the J.P. Morgan Gaming, Lodging, Restaurant & Leisure Management Access Forum on March 14th. You can find this in the Events & Presentations section of the Marriott Vacations Worldwide website Investor Relations page. In speaking to a question about Hyatt he was talking about Hyatt Vacation Club properties not being in great sales markets. He specifically mentioned Orlando and that they "would probably not build a new Marriott resort but we would build a new Hyatt". He did mention they could possibly turn $40 or $50 million a year in sales, but they need to get inventory there first. With that, I fully expect this new resort to be a Hyatt Vacation Club property.

I just listened to this webinar finally. Definitely sounds like its going to be a Hyatt and not Marriott.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Orlando is definitely not short on timeshares (Marriott brands included), but WW demand for the location is still high. We still get plenty of use and value out of my Grande Vista weeks, and they trade well in II also given the constant demand for the location.

Will be interesting to learn more, as this matures.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orlando is definitely not short on timeshares (Marriott brands included), but WW demand for the location is still high. We still get plenty of use and value out of my Grande Vista weeks, and they trade well in II also given the constant demand for the location.

Will be interesting to learn more, as this matures.

Listening to John Geller it is also apparently a very profitable timeshare SALES location, and Hyatt needs more resorts in good sales locations to improve their performance as they have too many resorts in places that do not have robust sales prospects.

I agree that my Orlando Marriott weeks trade quite well. Both GV and Harbor Lake!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
šŸ˜“ šŸ„± great, another timeshare in orlando

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Listening to John Geller it is also apparently a very profitable timeshare SALES location, and Hyatt needs more resorts in good sales locations to improve their performance as they have too many resorts in places that do not have robust sales prospects.

I agree that my Orlando Marriott weeks trade quite well. Both GV and Harbor Lake!
Yeah, he mentioned $40-$50 million a year. I suspect that would double their Hyatt sales volume.