• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott - booking other weeks

Reaction score
Complete newbie to learning about Marriott. If one has teh 26-39 week slot, how easy is it to transfer to another week outside of that range?

TIA -- perl

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Complete newbie to learning about Marriott. If one has teh 26-39 week slot, how easy is it to transfer to another week outside of that range?

TIA -- perl

It depends on many factors, such as where you own, what you are trading for, where you are trading to. Are you looking to trade in to other Marriotts? Provide some additional details and you will get many answers.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you are seeking to reserve a week at your home resort outside of the season in which you own, you can't do it. You must reserve a week in your season and then try to exchange that week for the week you want. Most people try to exchange through Interval International.

There are a few resorts that allow Platinum Plus owners to reserve a week in the Platinum season, which isn't a season that they own. That would not apply to you, as it appears you own in either Platinum or Gold season, depending on the resort.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
You first need to book a week at your home resort during the period you own. Select the best week for trading; the demand index can be found on the II website. Do not let Marriott simply select and deposit the week for you- reserve the week and then deposit it into II. Keep in mind that school vacation weeks are generally more desirable.

As far as trading your owned week for another week at your home resort or elsewhere, it depends on relative trade value. If you own a prime week and want a less desirable week, then your chances are certainly better than if you own a less desirable week and are trying to trade up, but people do have success doing exactly that all the time.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a bookmark for the regular TS weeks calendar. http://keysy.com/calendar/

And just a note to those that are not aware:

These week numbers are not standard across all resorts. For example, I found that week numbers are not even the same across all Marriott resorts on HHI. (Probably due to the fact that some resorts were not started as Marriott resorts, but not sure of that.)

So check your "official" calendar for the resorts in question....

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I mostly use it as a general guide when TS ad browsing on eBay etc. Meanwhile, if you don't have kids, how are you supposed to know what school holidays to reserve (at your home resort to make the best trader) or avoid (if you don't want to stay in a resort full of kids)? :)

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
school holiday/breaks vary???

Good to know. I mostly use it as a general guide when TS ad browsing on eBay etc. Meanwhile, if you don't have kids, how are you supposed to know what school holidays to reserve (at your home resort to make the best trader) or avoid (if you don't want to stay in a resort full of kids)? :)

I'm anxious to here responses to that.... As school spring breaks & holidays vary for a given year, in my experience. Are we really talking about a range of weeks here? Thx