• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Status

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am currently at 68 Bonvoy nights for the year, wondering if its worth it to try and hit Titanium? I don't have any travel planned until mid-January but I could still elect the 5 elite nights as my 50 night gift and then book a throw away 2-night stay at a local hotel for $160 total. So is Titanium worth $160 more than Platinum? (I already have the Bonvoy Boundless Card and got that 15 night credit.)

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
At 75 nights, you get another choice award and can pick a free night (up to 40k.) I just cashed mine in for a $400 room for Christmas escape, so if you can use that worth it. My wife is platinum from MVCI and I am lifetime Titanium and don’t see much difference. I travel a lot on business and the 48hr guarantee is nice on forcing near to customer reservation, but only good when someone else is paying.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
unless you have a lot of travel planned for 2022, maybe not. The only real difference is 25% more on point. So if you spend $5000 on hotel stays, that will net you an additional 12,500 points which I value around $100.

there’s so much dilution of status right now that you won’t get as many upgrades.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
DW is lifetime titanium. We have received nice upgrades and suites (using suite night awards) in European cities. In the US, her status has not been as useful.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
unless you have a lot of travel planned for 2022, maybe not. The only real difference is 25% more on point. So if you spend $5000 on hotel stays, that will net you an additional 12,500 points which I value around $100.

there’s so much dilution of status right now that you won’t get as many upgrades.
I agree with this post. I would also ask if you are thinking that you will be able to string together many years of Titanium. For me, I focused my efforts on getting to lifetime using a lot of different avenues (Credit Card, timeshares, business travel, etc. ). Now I'm there and am reviewing my strategy on how to distribute my loyalty dollars.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points
I am currently at 68 Bonvoy nights for the year, wondering if its worth it to try and hit Titanium? I don't have any travel planned until mid-January but I could still elect the 5 elite nights as my 50 night gift and then book a throw away 2-night stay at a local hotel for $160 total. So is Titanium worth $160 more than Platinum? (I already have the Bonvoy Boundless Card and got that 15 night credit.)
Personally, It would be worth it to me to pay $160 and get a 40000 point cert.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with this post. I would also ask if you are thinking that you will be able to string together many years of Titanium. For me, I focused my efforts on getting to lifetime using a lot of different avenues (Credit Card, timeshares, business travel, etc. ). Now I'm there and am reviewing my strategy on how to distribute my loyalty dollars.
Not sure if this is what you were referencing, but It is no longer possible to obtain lifetime Titanium.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the cost is only 2 nights and you'd get the certificate worth 40K points, it might be worth it if you'll get good use of the free night even if there are no additional benefits in your situation. If you weren't so close, I'd say no. The other issue is what are you giving up by taking the 5 nights credit. If the upgrade options would be of use to you, that's a consideration. personally I haven't found them very useful.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I have ever been platinum so I have never gotten suite night awards before, but that would be my choice if I don’t use it for the 5 elite nights credit. So I have no personal experience trying to use the suite night awards, but everyone seems pretty lukewarm to their usefulness it seems.

the majority of my nights are MVC stays so not a ton of benefits there, but I stay maybe 10-15 nights a year in hotels too.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They’ve changed that? I didn’t realize it’s no longer possible to make lifetime titanium. Glad I was able to previously.
The only way one was able to be lifetime Titanium is if they met certain qualifications under the legacy Marriott Rewards or SPG programs. Bonvoy has never offered a lifetime Titanium Elite status.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
This is the first time I have ever been platinum so I have never gotten suite night awards before, but that would be my choice if I don’t use it for the 5 elite nights credit. So I have no personal experience trying to use the suite night awards, but everyone seems pretty lukewarm to their usefulness it seems.

They’re useful overseas, where the hotel suites are nicer and much more of a meaningful upgrade. In the US, many of the suites are actually a downgrade in some fashion vs a regular room. For instance, I’ve had suites which had a connecting door directly next to the bed so I heard everything the people in the next room said all night. I’ve had suites where the furniture hadn’t been cleaned in a long time and was so soft I couldn’t sit in it - looks good in the pictures, but fails for actual use. There are also exceptions, and I keep hoping for a nice upgrade in the US. Sadly, many of the hotels I tend to book in Europe of late don’t even offer suite upgrades (e.g. the Four Points in Barcelona, which is one of my go to hotels for BCN).

I’m at a Marriott timeshare this week and will hit 75 when I depart, so this will be my first experience with Titanium. Frankly, I’m not expecting much.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
They’re useful overseas, where the hotel suites are nicer and much more of a meaningful upgrade....

I’m at a Marriott timeshare this week and will hit 75 when I depart, so this will be my first experience with Titanium. Frankly, I’m not expecting much.

Then you need to go overseas more!

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Forgot the other titanium benefit since I rarely use it, but you do get United Silver status.
I am BV Titanium and have scored United Economy Plus at check in on each of my flights with Silver. The extra leg room alone has been worth it on top of group 2 boarding. Never upgraded to First Class but I don’t expect it either. First Class doesn’t get you much anymore.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh....ok, thanks for the clarification.

The only way one was able to be lifetime Titanium is if they met certain qualifications under the legacy Marriott Rewards or SPG programs. Bonvoy has never offered a lifetime Titanium Elite status.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am BV Titanium and have scored United Economy Plus at check in on each of my flights with Silver. The extra leg room alone has been worth it on top of group 2 boarding. Never upgraded to First Class but I don’t expect it either. First Class doesn’t get you much anymore.

Son is silver and got upgrades a few times when he was not on same PNR as me. Believe me the Polaris lie flat configuration is a very good product. The food and drinks not so much. Though United has started to offer pre flight drinks again.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been titanium for a few years and we've gotten some nice upgrades. I ask for upgrades when we need them and we usually get them. (For example, in the spring we needed a larger room so my husband could do a meeting on Zoom without showing a bed in the background, and the hotel gave us a big 1br suite with a conference table.)

Usually hotels tell us that they have upgraded us. Sometimes the rooms are like...if this is an upgrade, where would we be without the upgrade? And sometimes the rooms are significantly nicer or larger or give us a great view.

The United Silver is also nice. We rarely fly, so any kind of status on airlines is great for us.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I've been titanium for a few years and we've gotten some nice upgrades. I ask for upgrades when we need them and we usually get them. (For example, in the spring we needed a larger room so my husband could do a meeting on Zoom without showing a bed in the background, and the hotel gave us a big 1br suite with a conference table.)

What a great excuse!

Next time tell him to look at the virtual background options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a great excuse!

Next time tell him to look at the virtual background options.

Thanks for the support. If you've ever used those backgrounds, you know that if you move too fast, the real background shows through very clearly.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks for the support. If you've ever used those backgrounds, you know that if you move too fast, the real background shows through very clearly.

I use them all the time, and have no such problems. Perhaps you have a slow computer? But then the point is not to fool others that they are real - everyone knows it’s a virtual background. It’s accepted.

vpplayer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Ko Olina OV (deed)
TFL here. An unpublished benefit of Titanium is the ability to cancel a same day reservation without penalty. That was true for Platinum before Bonvoy and may still be.