• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Bonvoy status reset.....

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Marriott resets status? I know I didn't earn enough for Platinum this year....but yet, I still have it.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
It should reset on March 1st. I'm in a similar situation (Titanium last year, but only had like 62 nights so should've only made Platinum), but I'm also still Titanium for now. Same thing happened to me last year (52 nights), though, and my status remained the same. I'm Lifetime Gold so that shouldn't be a factor.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
The nights reset in January, but usually the status resets in February.
I am not lifetime Plat

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should reset on March 1st. I'm in a similar situation (Titanium last year, but only had like 62 nights so should've only made Platinum), but I'm also still Titanium for now. Same thing happened to me last year (52 nights), though, and my status remained the same. I'm Lifetime Gold so that shouldn't be a factor.

Me too...last year I should not have reset at Plat....but I did.

Gordgeous

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
I am still showing as platinum as well but should have been downgraded to gold.

Hopefully it lasts!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will often leave you at the higher level for a year if you don't make it, esp if you're reasonably close so hopefully you'll stay at the higher level. This happened to us a couple of times over the years.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
I was told updates began on March 1st and will be completed for all by March 8th.

I called yesterday to see what happened to my 5 SNA's for 2020 for staying 51 nights in 2019. I was told that I didn't pick that option but instead took the default of 5 elite night credits. I am 100% sure that I picked SNA's so I must have screwed up someway during the process. I asked why the 5 elite night credits are not showing up in my account. It was showing up in the reps system when she looked at my account. I was told it could take until March 8th for Marriott to finish updating the customer facing system. Since her system is "accurate", I asked for my elite status and was told it was Titanium.

Before the switch over to the current elite system, I was lifetime gold (now lifetime platinum). From 2013 until 2017, I stayed between 55 to 70 nights. Through that time frame, I never lost the yearly platinum status. Each year that they kept the status unchanged, the roll over nights (over 50) from the previous year never rolled over. I do not remember what year Marriott stopped rollover but I know is was after 2015. I was 100% fine with that exchange. In 2018 I did hit 76 nights which gave me titanium in 2019. Her system still showed me retaining my titanium status on her accurate updated system. I hope she is correct.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I was told updates began on March 1st and will be completed for all by March 8th.

I called yesterday to see what happened to my 5 SNA's for 2020 for staying 51 nights in 2019. I was told that I didn't pick that option but instead took the default of 5 elite night credits.

The customer service rep was making stuff up. The default is 5 SNAs as in if you don't choose anything Marriott will choose 5 SNAs for you!

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
My chat log from yesterday, modified to take out ID info.

Helen A: Hi, my name is Helen A. With whom do I have the pleasure of chatting, and how may I assist you today?
Me: Good Afternoon. Can you tell me if my status for 2020 has already reset? Trying to determine if I will be platinum for my next stay in a couple of weeks. Thank you.
Helen A: Thank you for being a Platinum Elite member! I am not showing that the system has reset for the 2020 year as of yet. Is there any other questions this afternoon?
Me: Do you know when it will be reset? I'm trying to determine if I should switch hotels for a trip in 2 weeks.
Helen A: I am very sorry. It has reset. I am showing that you have 35 nights towards your status and you are 15 nights away from having Platinum for the 2021 year. Is there any other questions this afternoon?
Me: Yeah, figured that. Was just hoping to hold onto it for another 2 weeks. Thank you!

I assumed I set myself up for a manual reset down to gold (which is where is should reset to) but this morning still Plat.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I'm not calling or saying ANYTHING. :devilish:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My chat log from yesterday, modified to take out ID info.

Helen A: Hi, my name is Helen A. With whom do I have the pleasure of chatting, and how may I assist you today?
Me: Good Afternoon. Can you tell me if my status for 2020 has already reset? Trying to determine if I will be platinum for my next stay in a couple of weeks. Thank you.
Helen A: Thank you for being a Platinum Elite member! I am not showing that the system has reset for the 2020 year as of yet. Is there any other questions this afternoon?
Me: Do you know when it will be reset? I'm trying to determine if I should switch hotels for a trip in 2 weeks.
Helen A: I am very sorry. It has reset. I am showing that you have 35 nights towards your status and you are 15 nights away from having Platinum for the 2021 year. Is there any other questions this afternoon?
Me: Yeah, figured that. Was just hoping to hold onto it for another 2 weeks. Thank you!

I assumed I set myself up for a manual reset down to gold (which is where is should reset to) but this morning still Plat.
And you will likely remain platinum. Happened to us a couple of years when we were close and the higher level the year before.

Pocky87

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club AP
Are you guys timeshare owner with Select status and above. You get at least a Platinum for that level and Executive. Titanium will be given to those who are Chairman and Presidential level

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
When your status finally does reset and you had United Silver status due to Marriott Titanium status, it will reset to General Member on United and you have to reapply for United Silver.

Last edited:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
OK - so my status reset in the past few days, down to Platinum. However, I was able to reactivate my Premier Silver status on United, which should be restricted to Titanium.

OMG Marriott IT is such a mess. :doh:

As I'm not traveling right now it doesn't matter anyway, I'll sort it out this summer.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am Lifetime Titanium, mostly from the hotel side. I do not own Marriott but had a lot of hotel stays and also some exchanges into Marriott timeshares over the years.
My daughter called me this morning and said when she checked her account this morning her lifetime status now shows 6 years as Platinum. She said she thought it was 5 years but that she could be mistaken as she never really kept track of it. Did Marriott possibly add a year to everyone, or is my daughter just mistaken that it's more then she thought. Does anyone here keep records of their info to know?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I am Lifetime Titanium, mostly from the hotel side. I do not own Marriott but had a lot of hotel stays and also some exchanges into Marriott timeshares over the years.
My daughter called me this morning and said when she checked her account this morning her lifetime status now shows 6 years as Platinum. She said she thought it was 5 years but that she could be mistaken as she never really kept track of it. Did Marriott possibly add a year to everyone, or is my daughter just mistaken that it's more then she thought. Does anyone here keep records of their info to know?

I did not get a year added. The number of years in my account has not changed since 2017 even though I've been either Platinum or Titanium in both 2018 and 2019.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep - I reset to gold which is where I should be.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When your status finally does reset and you had United Silver status due to Marriott Titanium status, it will reset to General Member on United and you have to reapply for United Silver.

I am Titanium before and after the reset. My United Silver did not reset, still showing the same.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep - I reset to gold which is where I should be.