• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Bonvoy Nightly Credits? [MERGED]

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why when using purchased Marriott getaways from Interval World, I am not receiving nightly credits on my Bonvoy account after using the weeks? I stayed at the Westin Lagunamar in Cancún for 2 weeks in July and another 2 weeks in September for a total of 28 nights and I received not one night of credit on my Bonvoy account even though both trips were shown on my Bonvoy account as active trips both before and during my stays. After the trips were completed, both trips disappeared from my account and they don't even appear as past trips. What's going on? 28 nights??? Can Marriott be so cheap as to not give people credit for staying at their hotels? Especially during Covid when they are being hit hard by low occupancy rates? Thanks in advance for responding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
You might find the following thread useful. Bottom line is that you should get credit, but you will have to have patience in dealing with Marriott. They will try to tell you that this was not a qualifying rate.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Fill out a missing stay request then go in for the long back and forth until you get the night credit.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I tried to claim missing elite night credit, I was told I have only 60 days to claim

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I tried to claim missing elite night credit, I was told I have only 60 days to claim
In the Marriott Bonvoy Ts & Cs, it says you have to claim within 1 year.
9.2 Adjustments
A Member may request credits for Points, Miles or Qualifying Nights for Elite Status (other than Elite Night Credit earned pursuant to Section 4) that are not reflected in a Member’s Account through the Member Account Activity page on the Loyalty Programme website under "Report a Missing Stay" or, for Participating Properties only, by contacting Member Support. A Member may request credits for Points/Miles or Qualifying Nights for Elite Status earned in connection with a Qualifying Event that are not reflected in a Member's account by contacting the hotel where the Qualifying Event was held. Such a request must be received within one (1) year of the applicable Qualifying Stay, Qualifying Event or other Qualifying Charge transaction to receive any credit.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I will try again to get the elite night credits

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the 1 year rule to claim elite night credit apply for Sheraton vistana village in addition to Marriott resorts?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does the 1 year rule to claim elite night credit apply for Sheraton vistana village in addition to Marriott resorts?
It’s a term of the Bonvoy program - so yes, both would be covered by the policy. Getting the right agent who understands the rules is half the battle.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I am having the same issue. I stayed at Grande Vista for one week last month and didn’t receive credit for the nights. I filled out a missing stay request and attached a copy of my statement. All charges were charged to my Bonvoy card. I just received a reply that my stay was ineligible. I’ll keep trying.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I stayed at Grande Vista for one week last month and didn’t receive credit for the nights. I filled out a missing stay request and attached a copy of my statement. All charges were charged to my Bonvoy card. I just received a reply that my stay was ineligible. I’ll keep trying.

MB told me that my nights didn't qualify because I didn't make and pay for my reservations through Marriott. I told them that Marriott owns Interval World, which is where I made and paid for my reservations. Still no reply. I asked them to give me the name and address for Marriott's CEO and the MB club. They have not done this. Does anyone have this information as I want to write a letter to both. With the economic upheaval going on, you'd think they'd do anything to keep a client. I've been in their program since 1984 and I'm pissed.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
MB told me that my nights didn't qualify because I didn't make and pay for my reservations through Marriott. I told them that Marriott owns Interval World, which is where I made and paid for my reservations. Still no reply. I asked them to give me the name and address for Marriott's CEO and the MB club. They have not done this. Does anyone have this information as I want to write a letter to both. With the economic upheaval going on, you'd think they'd do anything to keep a client. I've been in their program since 1984 and I'm pissed.

I find it best to quote the Bonvoy terms and conditions when dealing with timeshare stays and missing stay requests;

7.1.c Due to the nature of Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, the following special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program:
i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, and for stays at Participating Properties as part of the MVC Exchange Program (e.g. City Explorer).

uaremymuse

Reaction score
I find it best to quote the Bonvoy terms and conditions when dealing with timeshare stays and missing stay requests;

7.1.c Due to the nature of Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, the following special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program:
i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Marriott Vacation Club and Marriott Grand Residence Club properties, and for stays at Participating Properties as part of the MVC Exchange Program (e.g. City Explorer).

They are denying my being given elite points because they categorize my stays are paid for with the use of vouchers. Those vouchers I buy from Marriott's Interval World "getaways" program offerings. See the last term below where it says when vouches are used that it disqualifies one from receiving elite points.

tapatalk://www.tugbbs.com/forums?channel=share_link_topic&type=xf20_1.2.9&location=topic&fid=67985&tid=310208

uaremymuse

Reaction score
They are denying my being given elite points because they categorize my stays are paid for with the use of vouchers. Those vouchers I buy from Marriott's Interval World "getaways" program offerings.

See paragraph 2.1.f. vi on the following web site where it says the use of vouchers do not qualify for receiving elite stay points.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Can anyone explain why when using purchased Marriott getaways from Interval World, I am not receiving nightly credits on my Bonvoy account after using the weeks? I stayed at the Westin Lagunamar in Cancún for 2 weeks in July and another 2 weeks in September for a total of 28 nights and I received not one night of credit on my Bonvoy account even though both trips were shown on my Bonvoy account as active trips both before and during my stays. After the trips were completed, both trips disappeared from my account and they don't even appear as past trips. What's going on? 28 nights??? Can Marriott be so cheap as to not give people credit for staying at their hotels? Especially during Covid when they are being hit hard by low occupancy rates? Thanks in advance for responding.

I found this:

They are denying my being given elite points because they categorize my stays are paid for with the use of vouchers. Those vouchers I buy from Marriott's Interval World "getaways" program offerings.

See paragraph 2.1.f. vi on the following web site where it says the use of vouchers do not qualify for receiving elite stay points.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
You need to attach your Bonvoy number to the reservation at checkin and you should get credit.

I do that and MB says my stays don't qualify for receiving elite stay points because I'm using a voucher that interval world is selling to me under the "getaways" program. Marriott owns Interval world so I'm literally buying my stay from Marriott. Go figure.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Make sure you give them the number and have them add it there. First they said oh yes I see it’s on file (after I put it on my Pre arrival sheet)....... two days later still didn’t see it in my app. I asked which number they had on file. Turns out it was my cell phone number. I gave them my bonvoy number and she wrote it down and said I will get that attached. Still nothing. I had to go to the front desk again! Be diligent to get it attached. For me it was the difference between platinum or hitting titanium so I wanted those nights.

I do that and MB says my stays don't qualify for receiving elite stay points because I'm using a voucher that interval world is selling to me under the "getaways" program. Marriott owns Interval world so I'm literally buying my stay from Marriott. Go figure.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Interesting. I wonder if AC’s are different considering that is considered an “exchange”. I feel like I’ve received elite nights on a getaway before.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder if AC’s are different considering that is considered an “exchange”. I feel like I’ve received elite nights on a getaway before.

I received elite points before using vouchers so I don't know why this is different. Some vouchers were from buying getaways where other vouchers were bought using those vacation coupons that interval gives a member to trade for vacations with a fixed $299 fee. Maybe that's the difference.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do attach my number at check in. Example. I recently stayed at a Westin for two weeks in Cancun. Before going on my trip, both weeks were showing as pending trips in my MB account. However, after coming home, I checked my account and they were no longer in my account. Nor did they give me nightly credits.

I will be at the Westin soon. Are you saying I can add my Bonvoy #?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We have received Elite night credit on exchanges, getaways and AC. From a booking standpoint, an AC doesn't look any different than an exchange and I don't think the properties know the difference. I suspect the same may be true for a getaway. The problems, never tell them when opening a missing stay request how you book. A lot of people have reported problems getting credit for stays at Westin and Sheraton timeshare properties. I have never automatically received credit for stays at Sheraton Vistana Villages or our recent stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort. However, we booked Vistana Villages on StarOptions a while back and I got credit after opening a missing stay request. Somehow they posted the stay three times to my account. I will likely be opening a missing stay request for Vistana Resort also.

For some reason, the Vistana properties can't get it together. Many have reported automatically getting credit for StarOption stays in Hawaii. Others, like @uaremymuse have reported the stay showing up in their account, then disappearing and having trouble getting credit.

uaremymuse

Reaction score
We have received Elite night credit on exchanges, getaways and AC. From a booking standpoint, an AC doesn't look any different than an exchange and I don't think the properties know the difference. I suspect the same may be true for a getaway. The problems, never tell them when opening a missing stay request how you book. A lot of people have reported problems getting credit for stays at Westin and Sheraton timeshare properties. I have never automatically received credit for stays at Sheraton Vistana Villages or our recent stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort. However, we booked Vistana Villages on StarOptions a while back and I got credit after opening a missing stay request. Somehow they posted the stay three times to my account. I will likely be opening a missing stay request for Vistana Resort also.

For some reason, the Vistana properties can't get it together. Many have reported automatically getting credit for StarOption stays in Hawaii. Others, like @uaremymuse have reported the stay showing up in their account, then disappearing and having trouble getting credit.

When filing a missing stay, they ask for a copy of the hotel bill which shows only local nightly tax charges so they know the person used a voucher or something to pay for the hotel stay other than just a straightforward reservation through Marriott.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
When filing a missing stay, they ask for a copy of the hotel bill which shows only local nightly tax charges so they know the person used a voucher or something to pay for the hotel stay other than just a straightforward reservation through Marriott.

But the folio would show the same thing for a home resort owner reservation and those qualify.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the problem may be that you keep using the word voucher. I would just tell them is is a timeshare stay and as such it qualifies for elite night credit under the Bonvoy terms. How you booked that timeshare stay should not matter.