• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott 24-day Internal Exchange Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Copied, edited for clarity and combined two threads from the old BBS (CraigU was an authorized II representative to TUG when he posted these messages.)

------------------------------------------------

amerisense

TUG Member

posted 03-13-2003 10:01

I've read that Marriott owners have preference at II for other Marriott resorts. My question is how much weight does ownership give me? Say I have Florida and want Hawaii, but a non-Marriott Paris owner also wants the same unit, all other things being equal. Who prevails?

--------------------------------------------------------

CraigU

TUG Member

posted 03-14-2003 05:42

All inventory received from Marriott properties are held for a certain period before they are released to non Marriott owners. The comparable exchange methodology, outlined in our terms and conditions, still apply. This program offers a measurable advantage.

--------------------------------------------------------

gejone

TUG Member
From: Independence, MO. Owner: Pono Kai, Westgate Vacation Villas

posted 03-14-2003 10:29

Craig,
Since I am a Marriott owner and can view Marriott units before the rest of the II members, can I use a non-Marriott unit to trade into the Marriott or do I have to use the Marriott unit? This assumes that the non-Marriott unit has good trading power.

------------------------------------------------

CraigU

TUG Member

posted 03-14-2003 17:55

You will only receive the internal priority when trading the Marriott week.

-------------------------------------------------

amerisense

TUG Member

posted 03-14-2003 18:45

Craig,
The holding period sounds like a fair approach, but you did not say (or will not say?) how long that period is.

----------------------------------------------------

CraigU

TUG Member

posted 07-19-2003 13:58

The length of the internal hold is dictated by the lead time to the occupancy dates. The maximum hold is 24 days. However, it can be as few as 3 days [during some part of the flex change period].

-------------------------------------------

maryk

TUG Member

posted 03-03-2003 05:22

I am getting conflicting stories regarding the Horizons resorts by Marriott. Marriott is telling me that they are (since last year) looked at the same as any other Marriott. Example: Cypress Habour. But now timeshare owners are telling me that Horizons does not get the same special priority exchange period of choices when looking for a trade. Can you please clarify this for me?

----------------------------------------------------
CraigU

TUG Member

posted 03-03-2003 12:26

Horizons by Marriott DOES have an internal priority.

-----------------------------------------------------

maryk

TUG Member

posted 03-03-2003 13:17

Does it have the same internal priority as other Marriott resorts, such as Cypress Habour and Grand Vista?

-----------------------------------------------------

CraigU

TUG Member

posted 03-03-2003 14:17

Yes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.