• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott 2024 Maintenance Fees

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received notice, today, that we were short on our Maintenance Fees which were paid on November 1 in full. MVC assessed a $25.00 late fee on top of the $12.16 it said we owed. After scraping myself off the ceiling, I called them. A very nice rep apologized and removed this saying it was a glitch in the system. Not her fault that the "system" was, once again, incapable of doing its job. As I recall, the new CEO listed his knowledge of IT as one of his areas of expertise. Okay, who hasn't embellished their CV on occasion? This has been a cluster since he came on board.

PetePullen

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport Coast Villas (NCV)

GOLD Season (EY)

2024 Total of $1,904.75 (Fees of $1,486.14 + Replacement Reserve of $418.61) [Property Taxes Billed Separately by Orange County]

Breakdown:
2024 Condo Operating $215.48
2024 Condo Reserve $83.54
2024 Master Operating $137.13
2024 Master Reserve $82.54
2024 Operating Fee $967.45

2024 Replacement Reserve $418.61

mamasnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
Don't see how a large desert timeshare (scale) can justify larger maintenance fees than ocean front or even ski - which are typically smaller and have more wear and weather expenses.
This resort has high demand pretty much all year long due to the 2 excellent adjacent golf courses so the units do have were and tear, and we noticed that the fact that it is plus 20 years old is evident in things like plumbing and flooring (tile (not replaced), but carpet is replaced). I'm not sure if all the furniture needs to be replaced as often as scheduled, but the addition of various outside activities reflect the larger number of family units that visit and the way this resort stays relevant in on-site activities appealing to all ages. The grounds, landscaping and exterior structures are kept in immaculate shape. and even though this resort doesn't have hurricanes, there is WEATHER, and all buildings have to be maintained no matter as does the plant life have to be continuously trimmed and kept fresh. This was our first winter visit after 22 years, and it certainly wasn't lush with blooms but the trimming and replanting goes on all year round. There used to be more reciprocity with the nearby JW Marriott and restaurants that appealed to us particularly the golf course and club house, which has changed hands and has constant large conventions, and prices for those amenities have also increased but we almost never used the big hotel pools so that really doesn't matter to us. As to the MF, I suspect that this resort tries to remain one of the premier resort VC family and golf locations, and maybe the management fee is getting stiffer, but so are all the expenses. Your point is well taken. However, we've just timed out on this type of vacation, and are planning to sell this year; the vacations we have had here during our ownership have always been the greatest of times. Thanks for the good times, Marriott

Crusoemom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mountain Valley Lodge, Breckenridge CO

1BR Platinum season (includes President's Day week).

2024 is $2187 total for 2400 points equivalent, which works out to 91 cents per point.
2023 was $2012, which is an increase of 8.6%.
2022 was an increase of 6.4%.

As of today, the property is more expensive per point (91 cents versus 79 cents), but at the rate the Abound points are increasing (which I also own), Mountain Valley Lodge is starting to look more reasonable...

Sorry I don't have the breakdown. As soon as I paid the bill the detailed statement disappeared from the website.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mountain Valley Lodge, Breckenridge CO

1BR Platinum season (includes President's Day week).

2024 is $2187 total for 2400 points equivalent, which works out to 91 cents per point.
2023 was $2012, which is an increase of 8.6%.
2022 was an increase of 6.4%.

As of today, the property is more expensive per point (91 cents versus 79 cents), but at the rate the Abound points are increasing (which I also own), Mountain Valley Lodge is starting to look more reasonable...

Sorry I don't have the breakdown. As soon as I paid the bill the detailed statement disappeared from the website.
If you're signed up for electronic bills, clicking on the "View Statements, Budgets and eBilling Status" link at the top of the Maintenance fee page then on the resort should give you the breakdown. This will be in the "Primary Owners" sign on only.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
It’s worth stating that MOC is kind of a special case this year (and next, I think.). Much of the increase is an assessment to pay for plumbing and electrical systems being replaced at the property, which is pretty old.

it's fair to ask why they didn’t plan for this and collect reserve funds over a period of many years for this work. A cynical person might say that it helped them sell more timeshares to keep the MFs artificially low.

Now that they aren’t selling weeks any more, they can boost the MFs and new buyers (of Abound points) will not really know about it, they’ll just see their annual MFs go up without much explanation.

This isn't the thread to discuss maintenance fees, but since you mentioned this a while back, I wanted to post a clarification...

Yes, it's important to note that the 30% increase at MOC is due partially to a non-recurring two-year assessment. It's also important to note that the reason they didn't accrue for it in reserves, as you questioned, was because the drain pipes were not considered a normal wear/replacement item like a roof, HVAC, etc. Those plumbing drain pipes were expected to last the life of the building. HOAs don't reserve to replace the walls and structural beams of the building, and the pipes were considered in that same building-life category. The MOC Board has been very transparent on this with multiple letters from the Board President explaining it.

Last edited:

wanderer63

Reaction score
Received notice, today, that we were short on our Maintenance Fees which were paid on November 1 in full. MVC assessed a $25.00 late fee on top of the $12.16 it said we owed. After scraping myself off the ceiling, I called them. A very nice rep apologized and removed this saying it was a glitch in the system. Not her fault that the "system" was, once again, incapable of doing its job. As I recall, the new CEO listed his knowledge of IT as one of his areas of expertise. Okay, who hasn't embellished their CV on occasion? This has been a cluster since he came on board.
@Bodie I know this was posted awhile ago but I have had the same issue with my maintenance fees. I got the first notice in Feb and they assessed ~ $32 late fee/interest that they said we owed and when I called they waived the fees since I had paid in full on 10/30/23. I just got my second notice with another ~33 late fee/interest and this too was waived. They are looking into why it keeps happening but I was curious if when this happened to you they were able to explain why it happened.

Thanks!

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Bodie I know this was posted awhile ago but I have had the same issue with my maintenance fees. I got the first notice in Feb and they assessed ~ $32 late fee/interest that they said we owed and when I called they waived the fees since I had paid in full on 10/30/23. I just got my second notice with another ~33 late fee/interest and this too was waived. They are looking into why it keeps happening but I was curious if when this happened to you they were able to explain why it happened.

Thanks!
Actually, yes. Last month I got the same notice, again. It’s inexcusable. That said, I again talked to a CS rep, very apologetic, etc. The usual excuses about computers, etc. ( One feels sorry that these front line people are the first to get corporate screw up calls.). She gave me a case number detailing our conversation and had the fee removed. Of course, I’m waiting for the inevitable…..

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club
We just bought MVC points for Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club, and really want to understand the MF and the increasing trends of these MFs. Our loans are so new that we haven't had a bill yet, nor an annual statement, therefore our MF is based on what we do know, which are the Marriott Vacation Club Maintenance Costs For Points ($ / Point) - any advice or feedback on my calculations are greatly appreciated! :) After reading hundreds of post on tugbbs.com about MF, its seems that MF has increased anywhere from 1% to 15% (and higher), which aligns with my calculations using data from 2021 till now.

Property: Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club/2Br Garden view (Platinum Season)
Operating Fee: tbd
Replacement Reserve: tbd
Property Taxes (or note if they're billed separately): tbd
MF TOTAL: Estimated for 2025 is $2,793.56, see pictures

MVC MF Calculations ($ Cost) for 10yr term:
img

MVC MF Calculations ($ / Point) for 10yr term:
img

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just bought MVC points for Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club, and really want to understand the MF and the increasing trends of these MFs. Our loans are so new that we haven't had a bill yet, nor an annual statement, therefore our MF is based on what we do know, which are the Marriott Vacation Club Maintenance Costs For Points ($ / Point) - any advice or feedback on my calculations are greatly appreciated! :) After reading hundreds of post on tugbbs.com about MF, its seems that MF has increased anywhere from 1% to 15% (and higher), which aligns with my calculations using data from 2021 till now.

Property: Marriott's St. Kitts Beach Club/2Br Garden view (Platinum Season)
Operating Fee: tbd
Replacement Reserve: tbd
Property Taxes (or note if they're billed separately): tbd
MF TOTAL: Estimated for 2025 is $2,793.56, see pictures

MVC MF Calculations ($ Cost) for 10yr term:
img

MVC MF Calculations ($ / Point) for 10yr term:
img

This particular thread is only for people to share their maintenance fees so they can be tracked. It is not for discussion. You need to open a new thread and ask your questions there.