• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MAR vrs VAC stock question

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is slightly off topic for the vacation aspect of timesharing but does anybody know when the MAR stock split up between MAR shares and the new VAC shares is going to happen? They were supposed to do it yesterday November 10 from what I read but nothing has happened in my account so far.

It was supposedly 1 share of VAC for every 10 shares of MAR that you own.

BTW Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Jim, the split day is 11/21; yesterday was the "owner of record" day.

(copied from an older post) ... from this article at news.marriott.com:

"... The spin-off will be completed through a pro rata dividend of Marriott Vacations Worldwide common stock on Monday, November 21, 2011 (the “distribution date”) to Marriott International shareholders of record as of the close of business of the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday, November 10, 2011 (the “record date”). On the distribution date each Marriott International shareholder will receive one share of Marriott Vacations Worldwide common stock for every ten shares of Marriott International Class A common stock held by such shareholder on the record date. The distribution of these shares will be made in book-entry form, which means that no physical share certificates will be issued. ..."

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks Sue, I missed that. Now if everyone would please go out and buy 50,000 trust points I might make some money.

Good plan, and you did ask very nicely. I second your motion. :rofl:

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is slightly off topic for the vacation aspect of timesharing but does anybody know when the MAR stock split up between MAR shares and the new VAC shares is going to happen? They were supposed to do it yesterday November 10 from what I read but nothing has happened in my account so far.

It was supposedly 1 share of VAC for every 10 shares of MAR that you own.

BTW Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

VAC stock began trading on a 'when issued' basis on November 8 and the price data may be found at the following link.

LINK

E

EducatedConsumer

I wonder who in their right mind would buy stock in this asylum?

I'm reminded of a House of cards, smoke, and mirrors.

Marriott International, on the other hand, looks attractive, having had the fortitude to dump their once timeshare division.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, today's the day. Is anybody seeing anything interesting? I found this website and don't know if it's new - marriottvacationsworldwide.com.

I recognize the pool in "Discover our Brands". That's the Waiohai ocean pool. Only thing they're missing are the chickens running around.. :)

I did receive in the mail a rather large paper book as the amended registration statement. Was some interesting data in there I hadn't seen before. Some info was the same as what was sent around here in a 3-part slide/show ppt. Here is the link.

The other interesting thing is VAC stock isn't doing much of anything, off a penny with relatively low volume (662K shares vs Marriott avg of 4.6 million). No interest or love for VAC? They should of called the new company Facebook Vacation Club..

Last edited:

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone follows it the ticker is VAC-WI. Opened at $17.25 closed at $17.35. It hasn't shown up o my account yet. It will be interesting to watch the message board on YAHOO for the next few months. The chart on the homepage is interesting. If you flip it upside down it might even be accurate.

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other interesting thing is VAC stock isn't doing much of anything, off a penny with relatively low volume (662K shares vs Marriott avg of 4.6 million). No interest or love for VAC? They should of called the new company Facebook Vacation Club..

The volume of VAC is less than that of MAR because the terms of the spin were 1 VAC for 10 MAR. MAR has 10 times the float of VAC.

Relative to its float, VAC has decidedly greater activity than MAR

(.662M VAC x 10) / 4.6M MAR = 1.44

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
VAC now trading at $18.02 but has a crazy looking chart. Looks like a "W"

Today's Open16.89
Shares Out.--

Day's Range16.26 - 18.24
EPS (TTM)--

Avg Vol (10-day)497.6K
P/E Ratio--

Last (time)2:23p ET 11/22/11
Ann. Dividend/YieldNo Regular Dividends

Last (size)100
Ex-Dividend Date--

52-Wk Range
16.26 - 22.50LowHigh
Beta--

% Below High (11/22/11 - 11/08/11)19.91%
% Held by Inst --

Implied Volatility0.0%
Short Interest (% of float as of --)--

Historical Volatility25.8%
Historical Quotes & Splits
Current|1mo|3mo|6mo|1yr

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whoopee! I am now the proud owner of 5.122 shares of VAC ( they changed it back from VAC-WI). I can't wait till my next Marriott TS checkin and I give them the old DYKWIA.

Maybe they will know who you are. Now that would be a pleasant surprise. :D