• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manhattan Club

fwd1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at the Manhattan Club next week. Does anyone know if there is washing machines in the bldg. If not what would the closest place we could do laundry?
Thank you
Florine

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi!
We are at the MC right now! I don't think there are any laundry facilities in the building, but I will ask next time I am downstairs. Anyone else have any questions???? The cold weather is finally breaking, hopefully the rest of the week won't be so cold.
We are in a studio unit, but I asked for the largest one. The studios all have different configurations. The one we have is on the end of the building, and has 3 windows. Very nice in the morning!
Got some great deals on tickets on www.theatermania.com. Going to the Improv tonight and Rent tomorrow night. Bought a GC on www.restaurant.com for Mars 2112, you have to go there if you have kids.
Also got some tix for TV shows, going to GMA, The Colbert Report and The Daily Show.
Post any questions, I will check back periodically.
Deb

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb: We are checking in there April 7. Can you ask at the front desk if we can reserve a larger studio by calling them. If so, how soon in advance. Also, we are coming from Hilton stay and want to leave our luggage there at MC early and tour while we wait until 4pm check-in. Can you ask how early we can do that. Thank you so much.

Kevin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try calling MC

Cathyb said:
Deb: We are checking in there April 7. Can you ask at the front desk if we can reserve a larger studio by calling them. If so, how soon in advance. Also, we are coming from Hilton stay and want to leave our luggage there at MC early and tour while we wait until 4pm check-in. Can you ask how early we can do that. Thank you so much.

When I call them with questions about my future stay... they have been very helpful :)

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Florine,
There are no laundry facilities on the premises. The nearest laundromat is at 55th St. and 9th Ave.
CathyB, we left our luggage with the bell captain at about 1PM and got into our room about 3:30PM. I'm sure you can do this even earlier than that.
I called ahead on Tuesday before check-in, it is of no use to call any earlier as they won't have you in the computer yet. If you ask for an upgrade to a larger room, (from a studio to a 1BR) they say that it will cost you $75 per night, if a 1BR is available. You can ask for one of the larger studios, though, or a nice view and they will enter your requests into the computer. It is up to the front desk what they assign you.
I will check back later for any other questions!!

Deb

RonaldCol

Reaction score
My wife and I will be at the MC from February 24 to March 3, then onto to the Affinia Manhattan from March 3 to March 6 to finish off the weekend.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decolady424 --

How far in advance did you have to reserve the Colbert Report and the Daily Show? What time do they actuallly tape the shows -- can you do both in one day?

I will check the Comedy Central site also, but I would be interested in your experience.

Thanks!

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is Affinia Manhattan? Thank you for the answers to my earlier questions! :)

fwd1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Deb for the info you posted about the Manhattan Club. We leave in a couple of days and I cannot wait.
Florine

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Affinia Manhattan

Cathy,

Affinia Manhattan is an affiliate hotel with the Royal Holiday Club (RHC).

It is located at 371 Seventh Avenue, NYC, NY 10001.

You can find reviews on TripAdvisor.com

Richard

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Susan,

I requested tickets soon after I reserved the MC. All requests are done by email. You can go as stand by, but there is no guarantee. The Colbert Report tapes at around 7PM, but you have to get in line at 5PM. (I just went to that show tonight!) The Daily Show tapes about an hour earlier, and you have to get in line at 4PM. I didn't get tickets from The Daily Show, but I called last Friday (as instructed on their web site) and I was able to get tix for tomorrow night's show.

We also got into The Tony Danza show this morning, went as stand by and got right in. Be there by 8AM.

GOOD LUCK!
Deb

wauhob3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb I'm staying there in a month. Is there dish soap liquid and electric soap in the rooms or do I have to bring them? I have a Mars 2112 certificate too. I'll try to call the Tuesday before. Did you just ask for a larger room or one with a view too? How much different is the the larger studio? Do any have king size beds? Let me know how Rent was too. We have tickets for Lestat and I'm thinking about Rent too. We saw the movie. Thanks for your help.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb -- thanks for the info.

decolady424

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Candace,

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I have been shopping my a** off!!

Anyway, there is a soap dispenser next to the kitchen sink which I believe contains dishwasing liquid. There is also one packet of dishwasher soap in the cabinet, but each day the maid runs (and loads) the dishwasher for you so I have not had to use it.

I requested a larger unit. It doesn't have as nice a view as a 1BR has, but there are 3 windows. The bed is only queen size. It is long, with the bed at one end, then the sofa, then the kitchen, then the bathroom.

Rent was excellent, but since I have never been to any other Broadway shows I really don't have anything to compare it to. The performances blew me away! I was able to get discount tix at www.theatermania.com. If you like comedy, try to get to the National Comedy Theater. I found this on www.theatermania.com. It is not expensive and is family friendly. Very funny show!! It is like Whose Line Is It Anyway.

Well, unfortunately I am leaving this wonderful place in the morning. I sure hope I get to come back again someday.

One more note: Don't be afraid to use the subways and buses, once you learn how to read a map you can get anywhere in the city with one Metrocard. The unlimited use card for 7 days is only $24, and believe me, I used it constantly this week!! Check out the MTA website for more info.

Happy trails to you all!!

Deb

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
wauhob3 said:
Deb I'm staying there in a month. Is there dish soap liquid and electric soap in the rooms or do I have to bring them? I have a Mars 2112 certificate too. I'll try to call the Tuesday before. Did you just ask for a larger room or one with a view too? How much different is the the larger studio? Do any have king size beds? Let me know how Rent was too. We have tickets for Lestat and I'm thinking about Rent too. We saw the movie. Thanks for your help.

Candace,

I think you'll be there around the same time we will, but please let us know how you like LeStat, I have been tempted but have gotten "overticketed" lately... still, I loved the early Vampire series (didn't care for them after the third, though), and the Elton John/Tim Rice combo is surely tempting...

tia
Avery
(still in Park City, still LOTS of snow!!)

wauhob3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb- Thanks for the info. I'll check the transportation out.

Avery-Will do. We are going the first preview week. They were running a special for $65. The reviews weren't the best in LA despite the sold out shows and Elton John had to come and revamp some songs which caused them to cancel the first few preview weeks.