• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LT Transfer - no longer in the vistana system but loved it

trader14

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in selling their timeshare I wouldn't hesitate using LT transfer. We had 2 Vistana Villages timeshares and over the past 8 months sold them using LT both times.
They are extremely available and stay on top of things well and for one transaction we used escrow and the funds were sent to us quickly.

If we weren't so spoiled by vistana we likely would have stayed however the 2 units we had gave us 67 and 81k staroptions and we almost exclusively stayed in maui in oceanview rooms and made
the mistake one year since we banked the so's to stay in a 1 bedroom (non deluxe and i think it matters) oceanfront and then we were hooked on oceanfront views and couldn't go back to oceanview.

We loved every stay in maui however were sad this past summer when we went and saw how much beach erosion there was. I am very much a beach person and we still have a marriott timeshare and the
beach at the marriott and hyatt were substantially more expansive (less beach erosion) so we will try and trade into marriott maui next summer. I will miss the ease of using the staroption system and
the ease at seeing availability and will likely be back in the system when we see a timeshare that meets our current needs.

We bought resale roughly 12 years ago and have never had a bad stay anywhere. my biggest regret is not going to harborside or westin st john but visiting hawaii as often as we did added more enjoyment to our lives than words can describe.

re using staroptions in maui - for those interested we never had any issues finding availability during prime summer months and we never booked ever at the 8 month mark. many times we booked at 4-5 months out but we did look often and many times when availability wasn't there it would at some point open up. keep looking, be persistent and good prime weeks will show up. with the addition of the nanea that created more availability although we never stayed there or wanted to stay there

thank you everyone for all your postings!!!!

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I certainly hope you didn't leave Vistana due to the beach erosion?!

The beach changes in size all the time. When we went to Maui in April we also were shocked at the beach erosion around WKORV/N and Nanea but when we returned in September/October the beach had increased 50% in size from April.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Beach in front of WKORV/N last Sept.
The beach changes throughout the year.

bad4602871a9710b9ec397e285c51648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beach in front of WKORV/N last Sept.
The beach changes throughout the year.

bad4602871a9710b9ec397e285c51648.jpg

Wow ... how does this happen? We are going this September. Can we expect it to be like this? We went in April 2018 and were pretty disappointed in the tiny beach.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Wow ... how does this happen? We are going this September. Can we expect it to be like this? We went in April 2018 and were pretty disappointed in the tiny beach.

Sand is moved by ocean waves and current.

We go mostly in Sept - and it is like this. The beach narrows in winter months, then grows throughout the summer. We were there in March once, and beach was narrow.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just to clarify: LT Transfers is a timeshare title company that many Tuggers like and use. However, LTT can't sell your timeshare for you, but once you have a buyer, they can handle the paperwork and do the title transfer for you. I have used them many times.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Regarding the beach, David is correct! We went in May and were also shocked that the beach was practically non-existent. We went again in November and our beatiful full beach was back! We have been going to WKORN for 10 years and never saw the beach so thin as when we went in May. It was wonderful and amazing to see how much it recovered.