• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Low maintenance fees on MVC resale, too good to be true?

Papasteve21

Reaction score
I’m potentially interested in buy MVC points resale and have been looking around here, Redweek, eBay, and on broker websites.

I’ve noticed a lot of variation in the maintenance fees and see what seem like really good deals in some cases. For example, a verified listing on Redweek for 2,50 MVC points with a $830 maintenance fee. I assume this person purchased a while back.

Should I expect if I purchased something like that for the maintenance fee to rise significantly in the near future after I purchase closer to market rate? Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The maintenance fees are all the same on points. Many people list bad information in their listing or their listings can be old with outdated information. You are best to look in the maintenance fee sticky at the top of this forum for the latest amounts.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
The maintenance fees on points are the same (about $0.79/pt) whether they are resale or retail.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
MF are set my each resort. I think there is TUG thread with this information on MVC.

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
MVC has fees to get new owners up and running. I think it is $3 per point with minimums of $3000?

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
MVC has fees to get new owners up and running. I think it is $3 per point with minimums of $3000?
Yes, plus a $300 owner education fee.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m potentially interested in buy MVC points resale and have been looking around here, Redweek, eBay, and on broker websites.

I’ve noticed a lot of variation in the maintenance fees and see what seem like really good deals in some cases. For example, a verified listing on Redweek for 2,50 MVC points with a $830 maintenance fee. I assume this person purchased a while back.

Should I expect if I purchased something like that for the maintenance fee to rise significantly in the near future after I purchase closer to market rate? Thanks!
FYI - when you own MVC Trust Points, in addition to the maintenance fees (which were basically $0.79/point for 2024), there are also Club Dues, which vary based upon owner level. And, there is also an additional charge for property tax administration. If it is 2500 points, once you pay the $3/point activation fee plus the other misc fees for education, etc. as a resale buyer, then you would also have dues as an "owner" level point owner, which for 2024 were $240. The property tax admin fee would have been around $11 for a 2500 point owner this year.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
FYI - when you own MVC Trust Points, in addition to the maintenance fees (which were basically $0.79/point for 2024), there are also Club Dues, which vary based upon owner level. And, there is also an additional charge for property tax administration. If it is 2500 points, once you pay the $3/point activation fee plus the other misc fees for education, etc. as a resale buyer, then you would also have dues as an "owner" level point owner, which for 2024 were $240. The property tax admin fee would have been around $11 for a 2500 point owner this year.
The property taxes are part of the 78.748 cents per point MF. Its broken out separately on the invoice, but its part of the quoted MF/point.

LeslieDet

TUG Member
Reaction score
The property taxes are part of the 78.748 cents per point MF. Its broken out separately on the invoice, but its part of the quoted MF/point.
It is a nominal amount, and adds a fraction of a cent to the total cost per point. It is the administrative fee for the individual property taxes that must be remitted on those components located in jurisdictions where each week receives its own property tax bill. Newport Coast is an example. The actual taxes are in the main charge.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
It is a nominal amount, and adds a fraction of a cent to the total cost per point. It is the administrative fee for the individual property taxes that must be remitted on those components located in jurisdictions where each week receives its own property tax bill. Newport Coast is an example. The actual taxes are in the main charge.
Do the math. It’s included in the reported MF/point. It’s already in the $196.87 per BI.