• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Cabos or Acapulco??

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need help to decide which of these two places would be the best to visit for first time visitors? We've never been to Mexico and would like to plan a trip there. We've narrowed it down to these two places.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

geekette

Reaction score
Never been to Acapulco, but recently returned from a first trip to Cabo. LOVED IT, can't wait to go back.

We stayed in 'the sleepy sister town' of San Jose and visited The Cabo a couple times.

From San Jose, we saw a broad cross-section of Baja living, and even got stranded in the dessert by a washed-out road. San Jose had a slower pace, and was much more economical for dining, shopping, etc. If you're into the night life, Cabo would be more your style.

there's lots of road construction in Cabo right now - ok, construction going on EVERYWHERE we went, but, it was more intrusive there since it was roads and sidewalks. San Jose did not have that.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That all depends on what you are interested in since they are two very different locations. We love both but I would only go to ACA to stay at the Grand Mayan. ACA is a large city with large city problems but the Grand Mayan is probably one of my favorite resorts. It also depends on what time of year you are going. ACA has great weather in the winter high 80's to low 90's but can be brutally hot and humid during laye spring, summer and through early October. Cabo is desert like and very dry but can get cool especially at night. We were there in middle of November and needed jackets or sweaters at night and early evening. ACA is always shorts and shirt sleeves even in January and at night.

If you are into deep sea fishing and or golf Cabo wins hands down and Cabo in general is more upscale with many great resorts to choose from. :cheer: :hi:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
My vote is for Cabo

I need help to decide which of these two places would be the best to visit for first time visitors? We've never been to Mexico and would like to plan a trip there. We've narrowed it down to these two places.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

There is no comparison between the two. I have been to both places. Cabo is the way to go. Acapulco is close to Mexico City via a very good freeway, so it is more of a local mexican destination.

Monica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Acapulco

Is my favorite. I've been over 30 times. And the GM/MP complex is the only place to stay IMO. Plus the beach is incredible there.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
What kind of stay do you want? Mayan Palace large or small intimate resort?

RCI, II or Donitas??????

We went to ACA and stayed right downtown at Mar Azul with Donitas and loved it - close to all, very fmaily atmosphere...but it's what you prefer...

Full ocean view of bay, beautiful
email for pics