• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Los Angeles To Cabo Airfare

rmb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done some reserach on the cheapest priced flights from LAX to Cabo San Lucas for next July, 2009... specifically, July 18-25.

Looks as if the best price is around the $529-$550 nonstop, taxes included. Do you feel this is about as good as it gets? Should I book it now? Hawaiian Air really put the screws to me by posting on their website that it would take 35,000 miles to travel round trip, coach for one passenger from mainland U.S. to Mexico.

I have a lot of miles and my plan was to use 70,000 miles to cover 2 round trip tickets. Hawaiian Air tells me today that their partnership with the airline that flies to Mexico will not accept the Hawaiian Air miles for anything other than mainland flights. Great! I secure the accommodation at Villa del Arco a few weeks ago with an exchange thru II... thinking that I can use my miles instead of paying cash for the flights, then I find out today the info on the website is wrong!

Therefore, I'm stuck... I have no choice but to pay for the flight to Cabo. Back to my original question... is the $529 range about as good as I could expect to get? Should I wait, and if so, until when and what will the prices be if I wait? Good job, Hawaiian Air! :(

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
Tijuana

This may or may not be helpful for you but...

We just reserved 4 of us to Acapulco for 80,000 delta miles. We opted to fly out of Tijuana - using a Tijuana shuttle service from the Otay border to the airport, kind of a park-n-ride service. A domestic Mexico ticket is a lot less than US - Mexico ticket.

Might be worth the drive??

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I just checked Alaska Airlines and found some "hot deals" at $224.40 each way from LAX to Cabo. I looked at June, 2009, as it said July, 2009, was too far out.

Oops! Looked again and that price didn't include taxes. With taxes it was $522.10.

You might also look at Mexicana Airlines. We had friends who flew from LAX to Cabo a couple of weeks ago and it was around $300/person with free drinks, food, and a movie.

Last edited:

rmb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess my question should be at this point, does anyone think the flight price of $520+ round trip from Los Angeles to Cabo will drop in the coming months? Sounds like a dumb question, but I don't know the history of this particular flight. I'm ready to move on it soon, but I wanted to check the experts to see if they have any advice... as to purchase now at that price or wait.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I wanted to check the experts to see if they have any advice... as to purchase now at that price or wait.
I'm no expert, but I think you could call the airline and ask them what would happen if you bought the ticket now and the price dropped--would they give you the lower price?

anteween

TUG Member
Reaction score
With gas prices fluctuating and going so high for the past several months it is very hard to tell what the airfares are going to do. I just bought tickets about 3 weeks ago from SFO to Puerto Vallarta for $526. What I did was reserve my tickets every night for 24 hours, until I noticed they went up. When they went up, I booked my lower price I had reserved. I always wait, but with things fluctuating as they have been it is hard to tell.

norm449

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider applying for Alaska air miles credit card through B of A.
With the annual fee of $75.00 you receive a companion ticket pay for one ticket of any class and use companion for price of $50.00.

I have card in my name and one in my wife, we travel two times to Mexico each year at resonable rates.

Norm

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this is an older thread, but I have been watching fares from LAX to Cabo and thought I would check here...:) .

Seeing the amounts mentioned above - I guess 295$ RT is a good rate for July 2010?

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
LAX to SJD

The cheapest I have seen them is when I bought my February Tickets on Mexicana for $254 R/T

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread to pull up. I actually went to Cabo the exact dates the original poster asked about. I booked my trip about 6 weeks out. Because of the swine flu scare I ended up paying less than $300.00 including tax for the R/T ticket from LAX. I flew American.

From the sound of current ticket prices, I'm not sure Mexico has completely recovered yet from swine flu.

california-bighorn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider applying for Alaska air miles credit card through B of A.
With the annual fee of $75.00 you receive a companion ticket pay for one ticket of any class and use companion for price of $50.00.

Norm

The companion fee for the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa card is now $99. Part of the banks reaction to Congress passing credit card consumer protection laws. So for airfare to Mexico add 99+75+90 (taxes) for a total of around $264 for the second person. Still a good deal if you use it right.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alaska credit card

My anniversary was before October 1 and so I got one more $50 ticket to use