• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to purchase HGVC after presentation [merged]

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just got back from a TS presentation and was so tempted to pay 22k for $711 MF and 3400 points every year. In addition to that, they were going to give me 8000 bonus points. It remembered reading topics here and stopped myself. Now my concern is will I be able to buy one without Hilton exercising ROFR. What do I need to be at as far as pricing when I make my final bid on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I just got back from a TS presentation and was so tempted to pay 22k for $711 MF and 3400 points every year. In addition to that, they were going to give me 8000 bonus points. It remembered reading topics here and stopped myself. Now my concern is will I be able to buy one without Hilton exercising ROFR. What do I need to be at as far as pricing when I make my final bid on eBay.

I can virtually guarantee you you will find 3400 HGCV points for substantially less than $22K without being bitten by ROFR. Patience is the key. Are you exclusively interested in Hilton, or are their other systems that may interest you?

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Hilton. The hotels and service here are always good to me

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also like the point system.

phil1ben

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call Judy Kozlowski or Seth Nock, buy resale, save $15-18,000.00 then come back on the site and thank everyone in about 4 months after you are an owner. Use the $15-$18,000.00 for two trips to Europe and then thank everyone again.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I can virtually guarantee you you will find 3400 HGCV points for substantially less than $22K without being bitten by ROFR.

It seems that Hilton will pass on anything a bit over $0.50 per point these days.
They seem too busy selling their excess inventory to exercise ROFR much at this time.

Seth Nock ( www.sellingtimeshares.net ) & Judi Kozlowski ( www.judikoz.com ) are well-respected licensed brokers who specialize in Hilton.

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
HGVC TS Newbie...

I have a few more questions. I asked these same questions at TS presentation but still not clear. I really like HGVC because of their point system and don't mind paying the extra $52 to book my vacations online when using points.

If I purchase 4800 points in Gold season, what am I missing out on if I don't purchase for platinum season.

Is being an elite HGVC really a big deal?

Where is the best place to buy HGVC so that my MF is lower? Is it best to purchase in Las Vegas or Orlando?

Does Florida have additional taxes that Nevada does not have?

Thank you.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Most say being elite is no big deal. May be nice but perks aren't worth the cost to buy that many points retail

A point is a point when reserving outside of home unit priority. The buy in cost for gold is less but you are paying more MF. You pay MF for a 2 br unit in gold season to get 5000 points vs paying MF on a 1 BR unit that gets you 4800 in platinum season.

Annually you would pay the same MF for a platinum 2 br worth 7000 points as you would for a gold week worth 5000 points.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I think you could get a 4800 point (Plat 1-BDRM) HGVC Las Vegas Strip or Karen TS for under $2000. Your MF's would still be in the $700 range.

When you jump to 5000 + points (2-BDRM), the purchase price increases and the MF's jump into the $900 range.

Check the completed listings on eBay for comps.

Check the HGVC Member Guide, for where you're thinking of going, to see the number of points your going to need and the seasons:

http://multimedia.hiltongrandvacations.com/mg/Book_Reader.cfm?BookId=19

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I purchase 4800 points in Gold season, what am I missing out on if I don't purchase for platinum season. You don't miss anything, but you pay the same annual fees for less annual points when you buy gold. You need to do the math to figure out if it is worth paying more for platinum upfront vs. paying a lot less for gold, but over the long haul, you have more points with platinum than with gold for the same annual cost.

Is being an elite HGVC really a big deal? No and as an Elite owner, I can't figure out for the life of me why they push being an elite owner. Last year, they gave us a calendar for being elite. The year before, we got a color brochure. The year prior, a luggage tag.

Where is the best place to buy HGVC so that my MF is lower? Is it best to purchase in Las Vegas or Orlando? People say that Las Vegas is cheaper, but they are speaking specifically about Flamingo, the Boulevard and Karen Ave. The newer ones cost a lot more (Trump and Elara).

Does Florida have additional taxes that Nevada does not have?State property taxes were much lower in Nevada than in other states that I have seen. I don't know the exact comparison between Nevada and Florida. People often post a breakdown of their annual dues, so you can look at a that and see the actual cost of the state property tax.
Answers in Indigo above.

Kendall in Texas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking a while and haven't seen any 4800 pts Every Year in Vegas below $3k for sale. And that includes ebay. The retailers mentioned here often are all closer to 5k.

I think you could get a 4800 point (Plat 1-BDRM) HGVC Las Vegas Strip or Karen TS for under $2000. Your MF's would still be in the $700 range.

When you jump to 5000 + points (2-BDRM), the purchase price increases and the MF's jump into the $900 range.

Check the completed listings on eBay for comps.

Check the HGVC Member Guide, for where you're thinking of going, to see the number of points your going to need and the seasons:

http://multimedia.hiltongrandvacations.com/mg/Book_Reader.cfm?BookId=19

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah the prices used to be a lot lower then... Guess I just have to wait for that right one. I'm sure there are others doing the same too

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much... Ok next question. How much would something like this TS near sea world cost. It's up on eBay currently.

Property Data Sheet

FIRST USAGE IS FOR 2016

Usage
ANNUAL 4800 HGVC POINTS
Week
Floating
Unit
Floating
Unit Size
1 Bedroom
Maintenance Fee
$857 PER YEAR
Exchange Company
RCI

Amounts Due:
WINNING BID ONLY
Winning Bid
?
2015 Maintenance Fee
PAID BY SELLER
Closing Costs and Tax
PAID BY SELLER
A $750 SAVINGS
Resort Transfer Fee
PAID BY SELLER

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
(1) I've been looking a while and haven't seen any 4800 pts Every Year in Vegas below $3k for sale. And that includes ebay.

(2)
The retailers mentioned here often are all closer to 5k.

1. I know it's not Vegas, but this Florida eBay listing for a 4800 point HGVC week is the typical price that I see 4800 point Vegas weeks go for ($1350):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HGVC-HILTON...REE-CLOSING-/201406615022?hash=item2ee4c50dee

Unfortunately the current (August) eBay Completed Listings are dropping off to soon, but here are some current Comps:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4800-HGVC-P...eshare-DEED-/381344697850?hash=item58c9ea4dfa

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HGVC-Hilton...424?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9d348738

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HILTON-GRAN...313?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a37a8f09

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-BR-HGVC-a...GREAT-PRICE-/181823615688?hash=item2a558832c8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hilton-Gran...411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dd76d92b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HGVC-Hilton...a-Timeshare-/191649535913?hash=item2c9f33d7a9

Here is a 4800 point Vegas eBay comp from May ($1325):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-800-HGVC-...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa72b8be6

I wouldn't pay over $1500 ($1350?) for a 4800 point HGVC Vegas, Florida, or CA week.

2. I don't know where you're looking at retail prices? Seth's name and web site are thrown around a lot, so take a look at his web site, under Hilton, and look at the Las Vegas prices (specifically Strip & Karen). Although there currently aren't any 4800 points TS's (Strip & Karen), there are a number of 5K TS's in the $2000 & $3000 range, definitely below 5K . When there are 4800 weeks, they usually sell for less than the 5K weeks.

http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/category/listings/hilton/

Because of commissions, I figure retail prices will run at least $1000 higher than eBay prices. Therefore, I would speculate that a 4800 point Vegas TS would sell for at least $2350 from a TS retailer.

Keep an eye on Seth's site. Plus you can sign up for Judy's email updates.

And speaking of retail sites/agents, have you looked at this site?

http://www.myresortnetwork.com/resorts/HiltonForSale.asp?order=price

Lots of weeks well below $5000, some at $1000.

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Buyer beware! Not all ebay listings are equal.

They list a really low price and will say 4,800pts / use year.

Key word "use". Those listings are priced like EOY.

Usage-- Biennial Odd (Platinum Season)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Buyer beware! Not all ebay listings are equal.

They list a really low price and will say 4,800pts / use year.

Key word "use". Those listings are priced like EOY.

Usage-- Biennial Odd (Platinum Season)
:shrug:

But, if it states "Annual", it's an annual. If it states "Even" or "Odd". It's EOY. They key is Annual, Even, or Odd.

Just because they state use year, it doesn't mean it's an EOY. The word "use" is not a key to determining if the TS is annual, EOY, bi-annual, or tri-annual. That doesn't any make sense.

Last edited:

Kendall in Texas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to cause a ruckus. I am specifically talking about 4800 point rooms at Karen and Strip. The purchase prices for those are higher because the MFs are lower. I don't view 5000 at Seaworld or 4800 at Mar Brisa as comperable because of the difference.

That said, there are some great deals on 5000 point deeds in Orlando that may offset the MFs for the first 5-7 years or even more.

Last edited:

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found one on Seth site

I found the flamingo but it is not as low as what others have purchased it for. Here are the details:

Address: 3575 Las Vegas Boulevard South
City: Las Vegas, NV
Size: 1 Bed
Season: Platinum
Weeks In Platinum Season: Weeks 9-20, 37-43, 51-52
Affiliations: RCI
Rating: Gold Crown
Price: $3,750.00
Estimated Maintenance: $839.80

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the fellas on eBay want a dollar for every point these days

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking a while and haven't seen any 4800 pts Every Year in Vegas below $3k for sale. And that includes ebay. The retailers mentioned here often are all closer to 5k.

Try Diane Nadeu at timesharebrokersales.com

I got a 5,000 point for $2500 plus closing for Las Vegas Strip.

She may have something for you, but maybe not, I didn't bother looking through all the inventory.

MaeMae

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get a 3400 EOY for less than 1K... Looks like prices like that don't exist anymore. The going rate for the Hilton TS has risen.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
I was hoping to get a 3400 EOY for less than 1K... Looks like prices like that don't exist anymore. The going rate for the Hilton TS has risen.

I see multiple listings on eBay right now for 3400 points where there is either no bid, or the current bid is considerably less than 1000.

Some people may not be that motivated and have a high reserve, but the listings are out there

TheWizz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeMae View Post
If I purchase 4800 points in Gold season, what am I missing out on if I don't purchase for platinum season. You don't miss anything, but you pay the same annual fees for less annual points when you buy gold. You need to do the math to figure out if it is worth paying more for platinum upfront vs. paying a lot less for gold, but over the long haul, you have more points with platinum than with gold for the same annual cost.

Is being an elite HGVC really a big deal? No and as an Elite owner, I can't figure out for the life of me why they push being an elite owner. Last year, they gave us a calendar for being elite. The year before, we got a color brochure. The year prior, a luggage tag.

Where is the best place to buy HGVC so that my MF is lower? Is it best to purchase in Las Vegas or Orlando? People say that Las Vegas is cheaper, but they are speaking specifically about Flamingo, the Boulevard and Karen Ave. The newer ones cost a lot more (Trump and Elara).

Does Florida have additional taxes that Nevada does not have?State property taxes were much lower in Nevada than in other states that I have seen. I don't know the exact comparison between Nevada and Florida. People often post a breakdown of their annual dues, so you can look at a that and see the actual cost of the state property tax.

Answers in Indigo above.

I got into HGVC Elite via the old times when resale could have it. Wouldn't pay retail for it by no means. The only real benefit I've seen is some places give out free breakfast to Elite members, e.g. some in Vegas and some in Hawaii. But I feel cheated as I didn't get a free calendar this year, like presley did! :p