• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking to add WM

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Family of 7 who already own HGVC and MVC family. Since we are traveling by car these days, looking to see if owning WM would be better than trading into. I am not a fan of RCI and am closing our acct. So will lose access to WM. What size contract should we look into to travel to Bass Lake, Sonoma, Big Bear etc. We have no need to travel to Hawaii since we already own HGVC and Marriott.
TIA.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
How many weeks a year would you want? I would say at least 10,000 credits per 2 bedroom for full weeks. Some resorts are higher credits, especially the newer ones like Anaheim, but Dolphin's Cove is only 10,000 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom for 7 nights.

There are housekeeping fees credited to you 1 per 10,000 credits. If you stay for less nights, there are fees. If you have 46,000 points you get 4 housekeeping credits. They don't give you an extra one. Same with guest certificates, 1 per 10,000, and after that they are $99.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
How many weeks a year would you want? I would say at least 10,000 credits per 2 bedroom for full weeks. Some resorts are higher credits, especially the newer ones like Anaheim, but Dolphin's Cove is only 10,000 for a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom for 7 nights.

There are housekeeping fees credited to you 1 per 10,000 credits. If you stay for less nights, there are fees. If you have 46,000 points you get 4 housekeeping credits. They don't give you an extra one. Same with guest certificates, 1 per 10,000, and after that they are $99.
Max 2. We like to travel to Northern Cal to take our kiddos to State Parks etc. We would at least stay a week.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Max 2. We like to travel to Northern Cal to take our kiddos to State Parks etc. We would at least stay a week.
You wouldn't be sorry if you bought WorldMark, especially at the crazy low price of resale.

whackedspinach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview Las Vegas, Worldmark, Raintree Vacation Club
WorldMark has several ways to book weeks even if you don’t have the points needed. You can rent points from other owners (up to 2x account size I believe) or book with cash through several programs (bonus time, Monday madness, inventory special, and FAX time). The cash programs can be great deals but are subject to availability.

Given that you have other timeshares, maybe start with a smaller WM account and try to either rent credits or use the cash programs to get what you need, then expand points later?

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I am not a fan of RCI and am closing our acct. So will lose access to WM. What size contract should we look into to travel to Bass Lake, Sonoma, Big Bear etc.
Worldmark also trades in II. Pre-Wyndham, they switched to II for a few years. The older resorts tend to the be ones deposited and they tend to be off season. Bass Lake, Big Bear, and Windsor (Sonoma) are all included.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Thank you everyone.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I purchased a WM about a year ago. I purposely only wanted a 5K point account. Seems low, but my reasoning was that I live where there is plenty of Bonus Time, Monday Madness or Internet Special opportunities, and since those all include HK as part of the cost, it was a cheaper alternative to owning more points. So If I use then I just pay cash for the bonus points. If I don't use as much I only pay the MF on 5K.

So far I have booked 7 reservations all with IS and have not yet even used my points.

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
I purchased a WM about a year ago. I purposely only wanted a 5K point account. Seems low, but my reasoning was that I live where there is plenty of Bonus Time, Monday Madness or Internet Special opportunities where I live, and since those all include HK as part of the cost, it was a cheaper alternative to owning more points. So If I use then I just pay cash for the bonus points. If I don't use as much I only pay the MF on 5K.

So far I have booked 7 reservations all with IS and have not yet even used my points.
This is my strategy too! I own 6k points. Have visited Windsor, Bass Lake, Angels Camp, Marina Dunes... Love my WM!