• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for some insight on a guest reservation.

knly

Reaction score
I am owners at Marriott. I am currently staying at hgvc on my family's points. My family members points were about to expire yesterday 12/31. So she just gave us them by booking us a stay for 3 nights at Tuscany village Orlando 1 bedroom. When she booked we paid $52 reservation fee and $52 guest cert. It also told her we was going to have to pay $350 plus points. She didn't know why cause she had plenty of points and was using club or bonus points not sure which ones. We checked in and have not been charged. Anyone know why it said $350 would be required along with those points? It used a little over 2,000 points to book. Also will they just charge the $350 at check out?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would ask them to state what the 350 charge is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
There is no "resort" or "housekeeping" fee like that.

I suspect it was a CC "hold" for incidentals+damages, not an actual charge.
IOW, don't make a lot of LD calls to Mongolia or turn the unit into a meth-lab.

AFAIK, the only other possible reason for such a charge would be for a hybrid
point/open-season booking.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
AFAIK, the only other possible reason for such a charge would be for a hybrid
point/open-season booking.

I thought about that, wondering if only the 2015 nights could be points and the 2016 nights would have to be cash, but they wouldn't let a guest stay on open season rates.

There should be a breakdown of the fees somewhere in her account. She may have looked at both points and cash and mixed up what she thought she saw. :shrug:

knly

Reaction score
I actually have not been charged the $350 yet. She said it was saying $350 when booking and then she needed my cc info. I have only been charged $52 for booking and guest cert. Would the front desk be able to tell me if I will be charged anything additional?

knly

Reaction score
My guest cert. only shows 2,120 points used. There is nothing about the $350 charge

knly

Reaction score

There should be a breakdown of the fees somewhere in her account. She may have looked at both points and cash and mixed up what she thought she saw. :shrug:

Is there a way for me to see the breakdown fees for myself.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think your family is confused. When you book under 30 days out, it will show you both the club points required, and the open season cash price. You get to pick if you want to pay by points or cash, it doesn't take both.

Ask your family to forward the email confirmation they received with the PDF attached, that will show all the costs, whether cash or points, but if over 2000 pts. were taken already, than that should be the end of it.

Great3

knly

Reaction score
I think your family is confused. When you book under 30 days out, it will show you both the club points required, and the open season cash price. You get to pick if you want to pay by points or cash, it doesn't take both.

Ask your family to forward the email confirmation they received with the PDF attached, that will show all the costs, whether cash or points, but if over 2000 pts. were taken already, than that should be the end of it.

Great3

Okay thank you maybe that's what happened. It was booked the day before so that is probably what happened. I do have the confirmation it shows it took 2,120 points. We are owners with Marriott(bad choice in my opinion) but it is not anything like this so just wanted to be sure.