• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

London for the first time!

tlwmkw

Reaction score
Depending on how many there are in your party you may find it cheaper (and more enjoyable) to travel into London by taxi- also if you have lots of cases this will save you from having to carry/pull them to the tube and then along the street to the final destination. It will also be much more pleasant than battling with the tube crowds after a long flight and they will drop you right at the door of the hotel. JMHO.

tlwmkw

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I imagine it would cost a small fortune to take a cab from Heathrow to London! :eek:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
A taxi from Heathrow to Sloane Gardens should cost around £50 if you pick up one of the metered ones. You should be able to get one cheaper if you arrange with a local firm to collect you for a pre determined fee. The distance is only 16 miles and should take about 30 mins.

http://www.easyairportcars.com/ is one choice. A standard saloon with two passengers is £42 from Heathrow to SW1 and you can book online.

I would take this above the tube, public transport any day. The last thing you need after a long flight is the hassle of hauling your luggage around London and trying to get everything on the packed tube. Moving around London should only be done with the minimum amount of baggage, it's far too congested and I couldn't think of anything worse than lugging a suitcase around. I did that in New York, never again!

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above post 100%. We have stayed at both Allen House and Sloane Gardens and it is so worth it to just take a taxi after a long flight! I would cut a corner somewhere else and perhaps eat in one night if money is a factor, to make up the difference for the cab. jmho

zora

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mav,
which did you prefer: sloane or Allen?
We're looking to go next year and I'm just starting to do my research.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am fighting flu and have been sick for 5 days. Hopefully, I will be well by Friday. How do I know what my drop off point is?
Thanks,
Liz

jlwquilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh no! I sure hope you do feel better VERY soon so you can enjoy your trip!

We go toward the end of June. Also my first trip. DH was there a few years ago on business but didn't get a chance to see much. Probably won't this time either.

Anyway, feel better and post when you get back!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I imagine it would cost a small fortune to take a cab from Heathrow to London! :eek:

We arranged ahead of time for a cab from Heathrow to our hotel. I don't remember the cost exactly, but it was under 50 pounds.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks, I am fighting flu and have been sick for 5 days. Hopefully, I will be well by Friday. How do I know what my drop off point is?
Thanks,
Liz

If you are talking about the Tube Station, on their website, they have a trip planner that is very similar to BART's trip planner.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have Airport Express Vouchers purchased with our London Plus Pass. Does that get us there without a tube change? I think we will skip that for our first day, even if we spend more money, I am still recovering from the flu and it will be a long day of plane waiting and then travel.
Liz

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pam said we can take that to Paddinton Station and then a black cab and it will be about 20L. It is not clear if we have to activate the Brit Rail Pass before we can use the Heathrow Connect. When I contacted them, they said yes, but in reading the pass, it just says the airport connect needs to be used in the 6 months of validity, not the 8 days of validation. We are going to use it on the second part of our trip to include our trip to Stonehenge.
Thanks,
Liz

cap cunuk

Reaction score
Enjoy

Liz, Hope you enjoy your trip to London:) My wife and i along with her mother and aunt are going over for the first time in May. We are not staying in a time share though(rented mine to pay part of this trip we are taking a 15 day bus tour. Hope you will write a report on your time in London and let us know prices for meals taxi's and such. Hope you are feeling better and enjoy.:D

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was in Europe (Paris) a week ago and had dinner with a friend who commutes between London and Paris basically weekly. Apparently the tube has been a mess the last few months with the repairs in advance of the olympics. A lot of the stations have escalators, etc under repairs so it gets pretty bad.

Also they are being offered options to work from home during the Olympics since they expect it to be a mess.