• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Limitations on Marriott retrades- how do they work?

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
We have a week at Marroitt Monarch starting on Mar 28 and after much thought, will likely cancel and reschedule for the fall per II's revised cancellation policy.

Just live in Virginia, so would be driving! We are healthy, but are in our late 60s - so at a higher risk. Our plans are just to ride bikes mostly and sit at pool and beach if weather is nice. Exposure to others will not be much more than staying at home - but why risk it?? Esp if we get the virus!

Here is what I would like to do:

Retrade the Mar 28 week to a Marriott Monarch week in late November per II's revised cancellation policy. Then try to retrade the week later for a March/April 2021 week.

We have enrolled Marriott weeks - so have a corporate II account allowing for free retrades and have the following questions in regards to what I am trying to do:

1. Are retrades limited to the timeframe established by the original date of the deposit Marriott week? So if my deposited week began on June 30, 2019, I have until June 30, 2021 to occupy an exchange - is that correct?

2. Are all retrades to other Marriott resorts free and unlimited?

3. Does the 60 day Flex Exchange restriction apply to retrades? For example, if I rebook our Monarch week to a Nov 2020 Marriott Monarch week now, can I later retrade beyond the 60 day limitation (Mar/Apr 2021) whenever an available Marriott resort becomes available online?

Sorry for all the questions, but just recently became aware that we even had the "retrade" benefit on our corporate II account - duh! So have never used it and not familiar with how to use it.

Thanks for any assistance.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You cannot retrade now to Nov as you are less than 60 days out from your Monarch stay. You are under 14 days so if you want to retrade, I think you can only do it for dates within 30 days. You can keep retrading for free, each time with a 30 days restriction from the most recent exchange date of stay.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
Is VacationForever correct with II's adjusted cancellation policy that states the following (received via email) :

EXCHANGES:
  • For all exchanges with check-in dates through April 30, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.
  • For all exchanges with a check-in date after April 30, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.
  • Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and April 30, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.
I read other threads on the subject matter and I thought I could change my Mar 28 checkin to Nov2019 checkin???

Just want to be prepared and completely understand the adjusted cancellation policy and future retrade options before I call II tomorrow morning.

thanks

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is VacationForever correct with II's adjusted cancellation policy that states the following (received via email) :

EXCHANGES:
  • For all exchanges with check-in dates through April 30, 2020, members may change their destination and/or travel date without incurring an additional exchange fee. Travel must be completed by December 31, 2020. If you prefer more time to travel, we can provide you with our standard fee-based replacement-week certificate, which is good for one year.
  • For all exchanges with a check-in date after April 30, 2020, our standard exchange cancellation policies apply. We commit that we will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary.
  • Members who make exchanges between March 14, 2020, and April 30, 2020, will have the option to retrade to another available destination and/or date if your plans change — without incurring an additional exchange fee.
I read other threads on the subject matter and I thought I could change my Mar 28 checkin to Nov2019 checkin???

Just want to be prepared and completely understand the adjusted cancellation policy and future retrade options before I call II tomorrow morning.

thanks
Ah yes. I forgot the change with COVID-19 affected travel. You are correct.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and I changed mine in the corporate account (unlimited MVCI retrades but 60 days out only for mine). before this policy came out. Oh well, I can just keep pushing it 60 more days. I don't want to get on the phone to take up more of their time right now, no big deal, just set a reminder.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Yeah, and I changed mine in the corporate account (unlimited MVCI retrades but 60 days out only for mine). before this policy came out. Oh well, I can just keep pushing it 60 more days. I don't want to get on the phone to take up more of their time right now, no big deal, just set a reminder.
It's unlimited MVCI retrades using corporate II account up to expiration date of the week initially deposited, is that correct? I'm on re-trade #3 already. Pushed out to November, but if things clear up, could be talked into going sooner.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Up until expiration of deposit. Retrades to Marriott only. You will be fine, a great benefit of enrollment.

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone for the info on Marriott Retrades in the II corporate account.

I took the plunge yesterday at 5:30 pm and was surprised that the II Marriott phone line was answered after a 1 minute hold - yippee - a very nice surprise!

Told the rep to book a Nov week at Grande Ocean to park the exchange. I can now use the "retrade" function online and check availability thru the expiration period of my original deposited week. I was not limited to end of year or the 60 day limitation even though I cancelled within 10 days of checkin. Very nice - love this retrade function. And kudos to II for allowing changes thru the end of the year!

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure I know how to make Marriott retrades using the “corporate account”. I have an II membership. It seems every time I interact with II it is associated with my individual account on the II website, in order not to pay higher fees by talking w/II on the phone. Clearly, I’m missing something. How should I be engaging with II for Marriott retrades and/or within Marriott exchanges?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
I’m not sure I know how to make Marriott retrades using the “corporate account”. I have an II membership. It seems every time I interact with II it is associated with my individual account on the II website, in order not to pay higher fees by talking w/II on the phone. Clearly, I’m missing something. How should I be engaging with II for Marriott retrades and/or within Marriott exchanges?.

I just did my II re-trade online with no problem. I have both Marriott corporate account and also a personal account. When I log in, it asks me which one I want to use. I'd guess if you want to call instead, you can just give them the correct II Member Number. Maybe you should confirm that your two accounts are linked to the same user.

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you obtain a Marriott Corporate account?
I just logged into my Marriott Owner account and read all of the info on trades, internal and external. There is no information on a Marriott Corporate account.

What process did you use to obtain an account labeled Marriott Corporate? And, when dealing with II, how do you decide when to use the Corporate account versus your personal II account?

Last edited:

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just logged into my Marriott Owner account and read all of the info on trades, internal and external. There is no information on a Marriott Corporate account.

What process did you use to obtain an account labeled Marriott Corporate? And, when dealing with II, how do you decide when to use the Corporate account versus your personal II account?

You will ONLY have a II corporate account if you participate in the Marriott Destination Points - either as a Trust owner (new purchase of Points) or an Enrolled owner (weeks owner that enrolled in the Marriott Destination Point program).

If you have a Corporate Account, just go to your confirmed II exchange in your "History" file. On the right hand side, the first item is "retrade". Click on it and you can perform an online search of availability.

Even though we have owned Marriott weeks for 20 yrs and enrolled in the Marriott Destinations Points about 5 yrs ago, I just discovered the "retrade" benefit only about a month ago. Feel really stupid.

Good luck !

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD

We got the Marriott II corporate account when we enrolled our pre-2010 week into the points program. No additional purchase was needed.

Last edited:

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Up until expiration of deposit. Retrades to Marriott only. You will be fine, a great benefit of enrollment.

What’s the point of having the eplus then if the retrades to Marriott are free and you can do as many as you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the point of having the eplus then if the retrades to Marriott are free and you can do as many as you want?

Eplus would be for trades outside of Marriott mainly if you have a corporate account, if you do not have a corporate account, then, it's good for any retrade.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I have corporate II as am enrolled and would only be bothered trading Marriott to Marriott so then I needn’t have bought the eplus!! I live & learn.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have corporate II as am enrolled and would only be bothered trading Marriott to Marriott so then I needn’t have bought the eplus!! I live & learn.

Yep! If you never ever trade outside of Marriott, not really necessary. Always good to learn, I am sure you are not alone on the retrade capability. I would wager most owners don't know about it, outside of Tug.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep! If you never ever trade outside of Marriott, not really necessary. Always good to learn, I am sure you are not alone on the retrade capability. I would wager most owners don't know about it, outside of Tug.
It was one of the major selling points finally presented to me when I decided to enroll my week. I continue to think Marriott did a terrible job marketing enrollment- all they talked about was points and never pointed out the advantages of enrolling if you just wanted to use weeks exchange on II.

One reason to buy eplus even if you are exchanging Marriott to Marriott is if your week is about to expire. You could do an exchange out to your expiration date and then purchase eplus and get 3 eplus retrades and an extra year Before the week expires.

TravelAmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will ONLY have a II corporate account if you participate in the Marriott Destination Points - either as a Trust owner (new purchase of Points) or an Enrolled owner (weeks owner that enrolled in the Marriott Destination Point program).

If you have a Corporate Account, just go to your confirmed II exchange in your "History" file. On the right hand side, the first item is "retrade". Click on it and you can perform an online search of availability.

Even though we have owned Marriott weeks for 20 yrs and enrolled in the Marriott Destinations Points about 5 yrs ago, I just discovered the "retrade" benefit only about a month ago. Feel really stupid.

Good luck !

Destination Points explains it...We’re legacy weeks owners. Thank you for the explanation!

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, so if I’m enrolled in the Destinations Program and trade a Marriott for Marriott week, I still would need ePlus to trade for another Marriott or to upgrade to a larger unit, right? Sorry, just recently enrolled in the DP.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
EPlus can be good for retrades outside of Marriott. You trade in to Marriott the first time for "free" then pay the $59 EPlus fee and all the three retrades are free. It can also be good to extend a deposit. One of our deposits that is currently confirmed to Oceana Palms for May expires in June 2020. If we were to have EPlus on that, we could potentially retrade through June 2021. THough once inside of 59 days, you are retricted to retades 59 days past checkin. We didn't add ePlus to the exchange because if we have to cancel, we will just take a cancellation replacement which will then be good for a year after the date we cancel. Though still only for exchanges inside of 59 days.

Okay, so if I’m enrolled in the Destinations Program and trade a Marriott for Marriott week, I still would need ePlus to trade for another Marriott or to upgrade to a larger unit, right? Sorry, just recently enrolled in the DP.
Upgrades always have a cost unless you do the trade inside of 59 days of checkin. In a corporate account, you already get "free" retrades, EPlus won't get you any material benefit unless you look to retrade outside of Marriott or need to somehow extend the timeframe to trade as I mentioned above.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD

I have learned so much in this forum. I also purchased ePlus so that I could re-trade Marriott to Marriott. Once I was educated by the smart people here, I went back to II and got a refund.