• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lightning Strikes Part Deux

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

Veteran TUGgers remember the great Lighting Strikes thread from the playoffs last year -- great great stuff.

I just had a very pleasant evening with Mr. and Mrs. Puck (and the youngest cash drain), starting with dinner at Bern's Steakhouse followed by an evening of hockey -- the fierce Lightning matching against the Capitals. Puck's season seats (center ice -- club tier) are fabulous, any hockey fan who likes timeshares should be nice to Puck and visit Tampa during NHL season.

It was a great evening and I had a wonderful time with the Puck family. Bern's Steakhouse lives up to its reputation and the hockey was stellar, capped off with two goals in the closing minute to seal the victory for the home team.

And Mrs. Puck and daughter were very gracious to listen to the two of us drone on about timeshares and vacations for an extended part of the evening.

The only downer to the night was that my Soviet-era blackberry recorded a grainy/inadequate picture of Puck and me, so I can't properly document the evening. It certainly gives us a reason to do it again another time!

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Soviet-era Blackberry

Thanks for the best laugh all night. I needed that. :hysterical:

Glad that y'all had a good time. Having met my first Tugger in person in February, I can highly recommend it.

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

Veteran TUGgers remember the great Lighting Strikes thread from the playoffs last year -- great great stuff.

I just had a very pleasant evening with Mr. and Mrs. Puck (and the youngest cash drain), starting with dinner at Bern's Steakhouse followed by an evening of hockey -- the fierce Lightning matching against the Capitals. Puck's season seats (center ice -- club tier) are fabulous, any hockey fan who likes timeshares should be nice to Puck and visit Tampa during NHL season.

It was a great evening and I had a wonderful time with the Puck family. Bern's Steakhouse lives up to its reputation and the hockey was stellar, capped off with two goals in the closing minute to seal the victory for the home team.

And Mrs. Puck and daughter were very gracious to listen to the two of us drone on about timeshares and vacations for an extended part of the evening.

The only downer to the night was that my Soviet-era blackberry recorded a grainy/inadequate picture of Puck and me, so I can't properly document the evening. It certainly gives us a reason to do it again another time!

Best,

Greg

I'm a huge Sabres fan from Buffalo, and thank Pucks Lightning for keeping the Sabres in playoff contention!!

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

Glad to hear you and Puck had a great time, I know you were both waiting a long time for this. I have to say I'm pretty jealous; it’s been a long time since I’ve been to an NHL game, and never with that good seats.

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg - you had mentioned your family was going to stay at Cypress Harbour.

How was it? Any feedback, suggestions for improvements?

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good evening....

A truly special evening....
Two timeshare "wacko's" exchanging tales over wine, Bern's steak house and of course... Tampa bay lightning Hockey....

It was my pleasure to learn from the master (GregT)...I thought I was good, but Greg is the real deal...

picked up a few pointers....

we actually took a break to let my wife and daughter participate in the conversation!!!!

Next trip 6/2-6/10 at Frenchmans Cove....

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
we actually took a break to let my wife and daughter participate in the conversation!!!!

Next trip 6/2-6/10 at Frenchmans Cove....

:hysterical: well, there's some very nice shopping in town there to make it up to them! :rofl:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Greg - you had mentioned your family was going to stay at Cypress Harbour.

How was it? Any feedback, suggestions for improvements?

Sparty,

We are indeed at Cypress Harbour now -- it is very well located for WDW and other parks and is a very good functional property. I like the property alot and it reminds me of Shadow Ridge -- good size living units, nice upgrades to the unit (granite, stainless steel) and good amenities as well (gym and pool). Its not a destination resort like some others, but it is a place to be proud to come to and I would definitely come again on an Orlando trip.

I was lucky because I was able to get two 2BR units (that Marriott placed side by side) by trading WM to get them. Plenty of space for us and the extended family and they confirmed 11 months before check-in, so really a great situation.

All the best,

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Greg, if your family likes Chicago style pizza, be sure to make a stop at Giordano's on 535. Great Chicago stuffed pizzas.

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg, if your family likes Chicago style pizza, be sure to make a stop at Giordano's on 535. Great Chicago stuffed pizzas.

We like Giordanos as well -- both in Chicago and Orlando! I would also recommend Texas de Brazil for a great dinner or lunch....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We like Giordanos as well -- both in Chicago and Orlando! I would also recommend Texas de Brazil for a great dinner or lunch....

Well, when you bring the Chicago Giordano's in to the mix, they really don't compare. They come close, but the Orlando restaurants are not as good as those in Chicago. We particularly love the Giordano's on Rush Street downtown.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I actually forgot till now that I have a co-worker at Cypress Harbour this week. They are staying on a five night preview package. Thinking their last day would be tomorrow.

Hoping that they don't come back with any shinny trust points. I told her that if they bought while they were there that she needs to come see me first thing. I definitely told her about resales and Ebay so she knows about that. Just hope that the sale reps don't get them in their grips.

Greg, if you happen to see them while you are there, tell them I said HI.:)

jin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, when you bring the Chicago Giordano's in to the mix, they really don't compare. They come close, but the Orlando restaurants are not as good as those in Chicago. We particularly love the Giordano's on Rush Street downtown.

Yea I agree, but for Orlando its better than many other chains in Orlando....