• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Life coach?

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your wonderful, thoughtful replies.
lprstn-I think you are right, I probably have been too comfortable and afraid to take risks. I do need to think outside the box "that I painted myself in". That statement has really made me think. I am going to continue to research life coaching because I think I need someone to point that stuff out to me!

Diane-what is your current profession? What does a social worker for several years do as a second act? I think part of my issue may be the fact that I have seen the saddest of the sad in my 21 year career. I have worked with child abuse, neglect, sick young adults, and now older adults. Although it has been very rewarding I think I need to do something happier or at least less conflict based. Being a greeter at Disney World has always sounded so fun to me.

vacationhopeful- I definitely have wondered if I have adult attention deficit disorder. I have never done anything about it because I keep reading about women my age and our hormones causing those types of symptoms.

pjrose- I do write many stories down as I have been involved in a Living History program. Unfortunately my corporate office does not really see that as an important use of my work time.... but I do slip it in as much as possible. I do like to write...I had never thought about doing anything with it.

I am going to read this thread over and over again. The words of wisdom are so valuable. I really appreciate all of your advice and am going to keep searching!!

Sue

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Sue,
I am a social worker too, for 35 years, hoping to retire in 5 years. While I manuvered my career to work where I like, when I like, I am really tired of hearing and dealing with other's problems. I work just with kids and teens and a lot have ended up turning out OK.
When I am stuck, doesn't matter what I'm stuck on, I read. I read whatever I can find that helps me see choices.
I also concentrate on the thing that I love best at the moment. I love anything with animals. I wish I could have worked in the vet field, but I'm not changing now. I have a young horse and I focus or obsess on training him. I also bought a banjo and and trying to teach myself to play.
In my family, my SIL has had numerous experiences abroad for several weeks up to one year teaching English to various residents of foreign communities. I don't know how she got the jobs but this info probably exists on the internet some place.
My sister has gone to France numerous times chaparoning school age teens. It was the only way she could afford to go.
Good luck.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
You may want to try reading some books that can help you understand what is most important to you and your personal strengths. The right book can provide some of the same self-evaluation process that you'd get with a life coach, or even help you get your thoughts organized before you meet with a life coach.

Dick Leider has done several books on the topics of understand and managing your life. He runs a coaching and consulting firm in Minneapolis and speaks often to groups. His latest book, "Repacking Your Bags - Lighten your Load for the Rest of Your Life," deals with reconfiguring your personal and professional life to live your version of "the good life." Authors are Richard Leider and David Shapiro, and it's an fairly inexpensive paperback that just was updated for its second edition.

You may find other books on the topic if you browse the self help section of a larger bookstore. Many of them include exercises in helping you prioritize your thoughts, so reading a couple of different ones can give you different insights.

thetimeshareguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try getting married. Your wife will tell you what to do. It may not make you happy, but you won't need to pay for a coach!

Disclosure: I am divorced two years and, in retrospect, paying for a coach would have been a lot cheaper!