• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Letter from FF to Convert Fixed Week to Points

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Received a letter today offering me the "opportunity" to upgrade to FairShare Plus. I own a fixed Patriot's Place white week. I called the 800 number because I'm curious what the cost will be and how many points they will require me to buy. I guess they don't work on Saturdays since all I get is a message to leave my phone number. Anyone now what FF's latest "deal" is?

sylcro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pat H said:
Received a letter today offering me the "opportunity" to upgrade to FairShare Plus. I own a fixed Patriot's Place white week. I called the 800 number because I'm curious what the cost will be and how many points they will require me to buy. I guess they don't work on Saturdays since all I get is a message to leave my phone number. Anyone now what FF's latest "deal" is?

Pat;

I would be interested in your follow up to know what their offer is. I too have a fixed week but have not received a letter. Did you purchase from the Developer or did you buy resale? I bought resale and get very little offers or information from Fairfield. I actually went to the home resort to approach them about converting to points and it was much to expensive at the time.

:mad: Sylvia

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Sylvia,

I bought from the developer in 1988. I have attended some FF presentations since but they wanted a fortune to comvert. This is the first time I have ever gotten a letter from them about converting.

madherb

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too have a Fairfield week (red) purchased from the developer many years ago. A couple of years ago I was contacted about converting. Of course the initial contact made it sound very appealing but when we got to the numbers it was less so. I don't remember exactly but I would have to buy an additional week (a special low cost deal) and then pay to have my other (non-Fairfield) weeks put into a program so i could benefit from them as well. The longer we spoke the less attractive and more expensive it got.

I still have my week and still use or trade it every year.

ELE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also continue to use my FF week as a weeks deposit. The 'special deal' discussion comes up at every FF presentation that I have attended. FF wants $$$$$ to convert and they do request that you buy extra points as part of the conversion. I found it less expensive to buy a points week to start my points account.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
From reading on the FF yahoo group I do think your right in that it's cheapest to buy a points week already converted. For the deal to convert later I believe it really depends on the 'deal' your board or resort makes with FF as to the cost offered to convert. We own a week at a FF aquired resort and don't plan to convert for the ~$900 special offer as I'm not happy at all with the heavy handed FF ways at the sister resort, and that is a kind way to put it :mad: .

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own several weeks at resorts that were built by Fairfield, but are currently managed by VRI. I recently was called by Fairfield about an opportunity to "learn how to get the most out of your ownership", and they said I was eligible even though the resorts were no longer Fairfield-managed. My guess is, they wanted me to convert to Fairfield Points, which it seems can be done even though my resorts are now managed by VRI.

The offer was that in exchange for listening to their spiel, I would get 2 nights at a nice Ft. Lauderdale hotel, plus a four night cruise on the Carnival Fascination for two, for $598, which I think included taxes. If you check www.vacationstogo.com, you'll see that four night cruises on Carnival start at $239 for last-minute dates that Carnival is having trouble filling, so this offer would only be a good deal if you wanted to cruise on specific dates where the $239 deal wasn't offered, or considered a night at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel to be worth more than $60.

Fairfield also had some sort of deal if I wanted to bring family or friends to one of their resorts, but I didn't find out the details because I can't get anyone I know to come to my timeshares even when they don't have to sit through a sales pitch.

If anyone is interested in these deals, the number to call is 800-349-4004. The guy I talked to is at extension 3331, name was Dave Linkin, I think.

This isn't a member referral because I don't get anything for telling you -- I don't even own Fairfield! But if you are considering converting to Fairfield Points, you might as well see if Fairfield will give you something for listening to their current deal.

Last edited:

viggyvig

Reaction score
I just sat down last week at my shawnee time share. I have two fixed weeks and was looking to convert. My two weeks were convertable into 203K point, but I HAD to BUY an additional 126K point in order to convert. That price was $15K. I passed, but am looking for other ways to convert if possible.

Thanks

thv

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FF Conversions

FF fixed weeks are convertible to points for $2395 the first week and $995 each for each additional converted fixed week converted at the same time and currently there does not seem to be a need to buy additional points, although as everything this could change(sales offices will obviously try and sell you more points). If buying to convert it is important to buy the seasons that will convert to the most points (prime weeks) as the cost to convert is the same for 154,00 points, 203,000 points or 77,000 as an example. Your Fairshare plus fee depends on the # of points and is in addition to the MF on your fixed week and is as follows:
FairShare Plus Program Fees

• 154,000 points and below = $63
• 155,000 points to 299,000 points = $.60/1,000 points
• 300,000 points and above = $.53/1,000 points

FairShare Plus Program with PlusPartners

• 154,000 points and below = $113.00
• 155,000 points to 299,000 points = $.73/1,000 points
• 300,000 points and above = $.56/1,000 points

Converting I believe allows you in the PlusPartners and allows expanded use of points like RCI points for nightly stays etc..A group that has been very helpful for me is a yahoo users group and most of this info has been gleaned from this site in the files and the discussions and would suggest joining for more info..
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Fairfield_timeshare/

..I believe this is accurate info and hope it is helpful...Tom

thv

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
FF conversions

Doing a conversion in this way certainly does not get you any sales perks but seems much more cost effective...Tom