• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leftover points in 2008

Arb

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there anything constructive I can do with 3,400 points left over for the year? I just checked my point status, and I have 3,400 points and 28 housekeeping credits that will explire Dec 31!

ajdon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, I have 31K and 126HK I need to use and I'm not sure it that amount will do anything with RCI..

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm with you, I have 31K and 126HK I need to use and I'm not sure it that amount will do anything with RCI..

31K can still deposit to RCI as 28k and left 3K.

3K you can do nothing, unless you willing to pull some point from next use year and cancel it and deposit the point to RCI. Or make a reservation and deposit it to some other exchange company. With renting cost now $8/k, it does not make sense to borrow from Wyndham to make RCI deposit.

Jya-Ning

Caius

TUG Member
Reaction score
3K you can do nothing, unless you willing to pull some point from next use year and cancel it and deposit the point to RCI. Or make a reservation and deposit it to some other exchange company. With renting cost now $8/k, it does not make sense to borrow from Wyndham to make RCI deposit.

At $8/k I agree, but he could rent 25k points from another owner - going rate seems to be in the $4/k area right now. So the 28k RCI deposit would cost about $100 to rent the points from another owner, plus the RCI exchange fee. Me, I'd forget about the 3k expiring points, I can only micro-manage so much!

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to rent 30,400 points w/hk credits. I have emailed several people with points to rent but presume they don't want to sell in small chunks since I have received no replies. If anyone would like to work something out, email via this board.

Joan-OH

Caius

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to rent 30,400 points w/hk credits. I have emailed several people with points to rent but presume they don't want to sell in small chunks since I have received no replies. If anyone would like to work something out, email via this board.

Joan-OH

Hi Joan, the points rental market for Wyndham may be a little more active at the Wyndham Owner's Forum, http://forums.atozed.com/index.php. There's an "I want your points" section where you can post, as well as emailing those who have listed their points for rent. But you may be right, some may not want to bother with smaller amounts. Keep trying and good luck.

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been there & have emailed several people regarding points rental with no replies. Some have posted on the "I want your points board" and it was suggested to them to go over to the points rental board and look around first. I just need an odd number. Most, if they have 31K left would just deposit 28K into RCI. The ones with lots of points don't want to deal in small amounts. I meant to rent them from Wyndham before the changes, but I got too busy.

My loss

Joan

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been there & have emailed several people regarding points rental with no replies. Some have posted on the "I want your points board" and it was suggested to them to go over to the points rental board and look around first. I just need an odd number. Most, if they have 31K left would just deposit 28K into RCI. The ones with lots of points don't want to deal in small amounts. I meant to rent them from Wyndham before the changes, but I got too busy.

My loss

Joan

Joan,

I sent you an email.