• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Leavenworth, Washington, we need a timeshare built in that town

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
When we were on our drive back from Vancouver, we drove through this quaint little town and loved it. We stopped and had lunch at a little restaurant in town. It really reminded us of parts of Door County.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There are a couple of timeshares in Leavenworth. I stayed at the Worldmark.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Really? I looked at RCI but not WorldMark. We own WorldMark! I need to get a few days or even a week there for next year. I loved it!

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also The Blackbird Lodge which I believe is walking distance to downtown. Worldmark Leavenworth is a bit out of town and is difficult to get. Very popular in winter as well.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Yes. Worldmark with all 2 bedroom units. A fairly short walk to downtown.
Blackbird is part of VI Resorts with mostly studios and a few one bedrooms. It is right downtown.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
It is on my list for a future Worldmark trip. I worked with a women who took her family there every Holiday time. Said the decorations were amazing.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of us without especially strong traders, there are a number of great BnB's and suite hotels there.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The girls in our family go to Black Bird Lodge in Down Town Leavenworth or Worldmark Leavenworth every winter for the Christmas lighting festival. I liked the old Octoberfest but the city council changed the drinking rules and now it's a dud-fest. Our daughters wedding was in Leavenworth during Christmas lighting time.

For me, Leavenworth was about fly fishing salmon and steelhead on the Icicle River.

Bill

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to ask... how different is this place from Solvang, CA? I am seeing alot of similarity in the buildings and restaurants. Obviously there is no water sports in Solvang. Solvang is alot easier to get to.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have to ask... how different is this place from Solvang, CA? I am seeing alot of similarity in the buildings and restaurants. Obviously there is no water sports in Solvang. Solvang is alot easier to get to.

Leavenworth, Washington, promotes and celebrates its German heritage. There is plenty to do there year-round, but the most popular time is Fall and Winter. Oktoberfest and Christmas have always been a great cause for celebration. I’m sure Solvang has better weather.

Dave

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Leavenworth is located in a pretty good spot for all seasons outdoor activities. There is white water river rafting in the spring on the Wenatchee River, Lake Wenatchee , many hiking, Jeeping, snowmobile and horse trails into some of the most scenic areas of Washington, events in Leavenworth and many more activities.

I haven't been to Solvang to compare but Leavenworth in the snow with the Christmas lighting is really beautiful. They close a couple of the roads in town and it's a big festival. I get bored at festivals, with the exception of the old Octoberfest, but every year I reserve Leavenworth at Christmas Lighting for my wife. She usually takes the girls and they all love it.

Bill

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
WE were just there last month. Very similar during this time of year. For us we loved the unit right next to a golf course. We used it to eat and sleep and drove to other areas to see the lakes,towns,etc. I think winter would be magical.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does Solvang have the snowy Christmases? They might be similar during the summer, but for a winter visit the snow would be the bigger draw.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
When I hear Leavenworth, I think, people doing time. Not timesharing. Learned something new.

Same here! I was thinking THAT Leavenworth and that they already had a nice "timeshare" - All inclusive (three meals a day), exercise equipment to borrow, no maintenance fees and if you are lucky a nice courtyard view.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here! I was thinking THAT Leavenworth and that they already had a nice "timeshare" - All inclusive (three meals a day), exercise equipment to borrow, no maintenance fees and if you are lucky a nice courtyard view.
I've visited Fort Leavenworth. Not particularly a fan. Also, the word on the accommodations you're referring to is that the spaces are very confining...

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One big difference between Leavenworth and Solvang is that Carly Simon never sang "Your Soul, Evan Worth".

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Been to Leavenworth, Washington and Kansas. Prefer the one in Washington. Love the Hills and Mountains around Leavenworth, Washington. The so called Octoberfest is not worth attending. The one in Mt Angel Oregon is much better. Though of course the one in Muchen is the best.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ah, I love snow as long as I don't need to be around it.

Me too. That is why we leave here for the winter.

I forgot to mention there are hotprings. Three of the hot springs are pay for. Others you have to hike a bit to alot.

Bill