• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Learned something new about Marriott Owners

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Learned something new about Marriott Owners . . . when the strange noise you hear is not coming from your TV and you peak out the peep hole to see lights flashing and people everywhere and learn that there is a mandatory evacuation of the building . . .most Marriott owners to not grab their purse, computers, camera and keys (what can I say, I'm a former girl scout and current nerd). . . can anyone guess what was in 90% (un scientific survey) of the evacuee's hands???

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Learned something new about Marriott Owners . . . when the strange noise you hear is not coming from your TV and you peak out the peep hole to see lights flashing and people everywhere and learn that there is a mandatory evacuation of the building . . .most Marriott owners to not grab their purse, computers, camera and keys (what can I say, I'm a former girl scout and current nerd). . . can anyone guess what was in 90% (un scientific survey) of the evacuee's hands???

Cell Phone/IPhone?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
That is very amusing -- thanks for posting that!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I assume you are at OP but you've reminded me of what happened during the one time we spent a week there several years ago. There were 3 fire alarms that week, 2 of them late at night...pranks it seemed. I had forgotten about that, but it was annoying to say the least as most people were in their PJs...with wallets and car keys.

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at Grande Vista a few years ago when the fire alarm went off. But we didn't move because facilities people had both called the unit and stopped by to notify us that they would be working on the system and for guests to just ignore the alarms.
It was annoying anyway but we were grateful as it was raining hard outside. So our adult beverages stayed inside with us.

Dick Taylor

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were evacuated because of the tsunami, I grabbed a pre-packed backpack with a days worth of clothes, toothbrush & paste and a hair brush. I had my hubby grab an ice chest with adult beverages.