• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Call

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter-in-law and I were searching Last Call this morning. She was logged in using their RCI ID and I was using mine. I saw more units than she did.

Does anybody know what the criteria is for last Call? Why I saw more than she did?

Have we ever done a Last Call test?

Nancy

regatta333

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Long Wharf, Wyndham points, Vistana Westin Kierland
I thought Last Call and Extra Vacations showed you everything available. Is the VEP block also in effect for these?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The new prices are now in effect on Last Call, too. I was looking about 30 mins ago and saw the old prices, and just now the new ones kicked in. Drat.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Less is Better?

I guess you are saying that daughter-in-law saw fewer resorts because they have a higher VEP. That is very possible. I thought maybe it was because I had a larger unit.

Nancy

geekette

Reaction score
I get confused with upward and downward VEP but the point is, VEP keeps a high quality resort from matching with a low quality resort. This is RCI's way of covering their butts by keeping you from going to a resort that may be less than what you want. They don't want the complaints.

We found some time ago that it does apply to Last Call and Extra Vacations.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
okay, so right now i am not a member of rci though i do have 2 timeshares which are affilitated with rci. so if i am reading the other posts correctly, should i ever deceide to join rci for access to last call and extra vacations, i should list my marriott first and then add my other non- marriott resort?? IS THIS CORRECT?? thanks

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
irish,
Marriott has special trading arrangements with RCI. Perhaps a Marriott owner can answer your question better than I can.
But in general, if your goal is to vacation only at Marriott quality resorts or better, than you should list your Marriott first. If your goal is to have the widest possible range of choices in Last Call and Extra Vacations, then you should list your lowest quality resort first. For Last Call and Extra Vacations, there is no upward VEP block, i.e.: low quality resorts can get anything. But there is a downward VEP block, i.e.: high quality resorts cannot get anything whose quality rating is much lower than theirs.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
got it ....thanks

Leturno

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last Call Vacations: Price Update

donnaval said:
The new prices are now in effect on Last Call, too. I was looking about 30 mins ago and saw the old prices, and just now the new ones kicked in. Drat.

[Posted without comment as an update]
.... effective March 1, 2006, the pricing for Last Call vacations on RCI.com will be:

* Studio/Hotel Unit $129 USD/week†
* 1 Bedroom $179 USD/week†
* 2 Bedroom $219 USD/week†
† Last Call vacations are limited and subject to availability. Prices are subject to change.

Last Call Cancellation Policy
(subject to applicable law -- see your purchase confirmation for any state-specific exceptions)

You must contact an RCI Guide to cancel a vacation.

If you cancel within 24 hours of the purchase confirmation and if the start date of the reservation is 15 days or more from the cancellation date, you will receive a refund equal to the full purchase price.

If you cancel more than 24 hours after the purchase confirmation and if the start date of the reservation is 15 days or more from the cancellation date, you will receive a refund equal to 50% of the purchase price.

If you cancel 14 days or less from the start date of any reservation, you
will not receive a refund of any portion of the purchase price.

Judy999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question for Judy and Irish

I own Marriott Ocean Pointe - I thought that I could not have RCI membership as Ocean Pointe is not affiliate w/RCI. Is it true? If so, which Marriott is affiliate with RCI?

Many Thanks

Judy :)

Bill4728

Reaction score
There are several older marriott TS which are dual affiliated. One example are the streamside bldg. in Vail. All but the evergreen bldg is RCI & II. Also a couple in Hilton Head are also RCI also.

PS RCI lists the resorts under the resort name minus the Marriott name so instead of the "Marriott Streamside- Birch" it will be "Streamside- Birch".

Last edited: