• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Last Call and 45 day window

Reaction score
Madge: I am a RCI Points member. My wife and I are retired so like to do a lot of last minute traveling. I watch the 'Last Call' and the 45 day window on Weeks almost every day. I have 2 questions

(1) How often are the available listings updated. Is it once a day, right after midnight, several times a day or what? I just wondered if it does any good to check more than once a day.

(2) Is there any chance RCI could add a feature to Last Call that would check all available listings with one search instead of having to check by areas. Normally the listings aren't so numerous that a 'check all' wouldn't be too hard to do.

Maybe my wife and I are strange but a lot of times we like to decide only a week or 2 in advance and frankly don't really care where we go. We have seen a lot of neat places doing that. Thanks a lot.

Mike S.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I agree with you wholehardedly - checking by areas is a nuisance, since we also would like to go wherever there is an opening and get more iderasd from possibilities...however, I figure there just are too many available to list as such

Reaction score
Not that many

ronandjoan: Not really. One evening, for lack of anything else to do I checked each location on last call and all totaled it was less than 150 so they should be able to post them that way. Quess I've got too much time on my hands if I'm doing silly stuff like that. Maybe I need to get a life.

Mike S.

PS I just checked again tonight and there is 179 total listings. Why not put them all under 1 search then you could sort by location. It sure would be easier.

Last edited:

Vodo

Reaction score
It's been my experience that Last Call inventory frequently fluctuates. I have had my best luck in the wee hours of the morning though. Sometimes 3:00 a.m., sometimes 5:00 a.m. - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Once, at around 3:30 in the morning, inventory suddenly leapt by about 25%. I suspect that the computer system releases held but unconfirmed inventory and designates new inventory at set times, but I haven't been able to figure it out. It also seems that some days of the week are more likely to yield greater results than others, but I haven't really tracked that trend.

Cindy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
michaelsmalley,

A search that pulls all available Last Call inventory could be too large for our system to handle well. Because these areas tend to be in very plentiful supply, trying to display all of the units would most likely time out your browser. However, when the future of this program is more certain, we will be able to look at providing new ways to offer the inventory online.

I've provided information about Last Call and Featured Destinations here and here. You may find this information helpful.

Vodo

Reaction score
Madge said:
michaelsmalley,

A search that pulls all available Last Call inventory could be too large for our system to handle well. Because these areas tend to be in very plentiful supply, trying to display all of the units would most likely time out your browser. However, when the future of this program is more certain, we will be able to look at providing new ways to offer the inventory online.

I've provided information about Last Call and Featured Destinations here and here. You may find this information helpful.
Madge -

A couple of things. First, since early October, Last Call inventory, in my frequent-searching experience, has never been "plentiful." It's more like "woeful." But my second point concerns your comment "when the future of this program is more certain..." Are you saying that the program might cease to exist? Before RCI gutted availability, it was truly the best thing ever offered to members. Even in its now much diminished (and apparently soon to be costlier) version, I can still hope for an occasional good opportunity. I would hate to see it just go away altogether.

Cindy

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cindy,

Last Call is still being tested only in North America. We are reviewing its impact to our business in order to decide if/how to continue it. I fully expect we'll continue to see this program; however, it is not guaranteed.

I've also addressed this question here, here, and here.