• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve vs Grande Vista

cttay217

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been debated a lot but looking for any thoughts for anyone who has been there recently (post Covid) who might have some thoughts.

My step son and his wife just shared they are coming to Orlando to surprise my husband for his birthday- we live in Orlando. Given this, I am going to do a quick little 2 night stay as a birthday surprise. Going to decorate and then have the kids hiding in the villa when we get there. Then, we will spend just 2 nights just to enjoy the resort with some family time. No parks, just stay at the resort. I am inclined to stay at Lakeshore because I do believe they might have greater amenities- however, we have never stayed
there before. Grande Vista is also available and an option - we have stayed there more than I honestly care too (10 months following a house fire!) - it’s very familiar and home like to us (well it was our home so that is probably why ). Grande Vista is also a cheaper stay….Given this I am somewhat torn and started to think about if Covid may have changed anything or how busy either location has been lately, since everyone seems to be coming to Orlando this summer!

Anyone stay at one of these lately with a good or bad experience to help sway me either way? Any opinions would be welcome since I would normally ask my husband but can’t do that in this case since it’s a surprise!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Like you said, Orlando is nuts right now. We were there about a month ago (Cypress Harbor) and it was packed, the parks were packed. I would bet Grande Vista is going to be quite crowded.

Lakeshore Reserve can get busy, but never what I would call crowded as it was never fully built out. The access to the JW next door is nice, too.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I havent been to either resort yet, but just reading your post I would pick Lakeshore since you have never been there and its a suprise it just feels more special to me than a couple nights at the resort you have stayed at so frequently.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your just 4 adults then I would definitely chose the Lakeshore. It appears more adult oriented to me than the Grand Vista. Just my honest opinion.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We asked this same question last year and I went back and forth booking, canceling and re-booking between the 2 resorts. In the end, we stayed at Grande Vista because I got a 3 bedroom through II for free (from a free week I got when I purchased a hybrid package from MVC directly in 2018). When we were in Orlando, we drove by Lakeshore Reserve. I sort of wish we would have stayed in Lakeshore Reserve. The architecture and grounds looked nicer, it has access to the JW and Ritz and it has the lazy river pool. I would choose Lakeshore Reserve over Grande Vista, esp since you said you have already stayed at Grande Vista many times. For this special occasion and just two days, I would splurge a little.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at both (GV many times and Lakeshore once) and they are very different. Since you've been to GV for 10 months you understand how busy it can get. You also know what they have to offer in terms of amenities. Lakeshore is very quiet in comparison and doesn't feel busy. There aren't as many amenities, but it doesn't sound like that matters. Lakeshore has different unit layouts including a townhouse style so that may be better for your set up. At Lakeshore you are going to get the vibe of a condo complex more that a timeshare resort. I can't give you a good answer on whether you can use the JW/Ritz Carlton amenities since I haven't been there in a while, but at least it is there if you want to dine there. IMO, I would take Lakeshore.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Both are nice, but different.

I would suggest you try out Lakeshore, given you know GV. Lakeshore is a step up in quality and luxurious feel, much quieter and smaller, but still very nice.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would try to book one of the townhomes at Lakeshore.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Are there any covid restrictions with staying at lakeshore and using the pools at the JW currently?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are there any covid restrictions with staying at lakeshore and using the pools at the JW currently?
None that I am aware of. THough they weren't doing the shuttle from Lakeshore. Not sure if it has restarted.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I have been to Lake Shore several times and Grande vista (owner). I would definitely pick Lakeshore reserve.

cookie55

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been debated a lot but looking for any thoughts for anyone who has been there recently (post Covid) who might have some thoughts.

My step son and his wife just shared they are coming to Orlando to surprise my husband for his birthday- we live in Orlando. Given this, I am going to do a quick little 2 night stay as a birthday surprise. Going to decorate and then have the kids hiding in the villa when we get there. Then, we will spend just 2 nights just to enjoy the resort with some family time. No parks, just stay at the resort. I am inclined to stay at Lakeshore because I do believe they might have greater amenities- however, we have never stayed
there before. Grande Vista is also available and an option - we have stayed there more than I honestly care too (10 months following a house fire!) - it’s very familiar and home like to us (well it was our home so that is probably why ). Grande Vista is also a cheaper stay….Given this I am somewhat torn and started to think about if Covid may have changed anything or how busy either location has been lately, since everyone seems to be coming to Orlando this summer!

Anyone stay at one of these lately with a good or bad experience to help sway me either way? Any opinions would be welcome since I would normally ask my husband but can’t do that in this case since it’s a surprise!
Without a doubt LAKESHORE RESERVE! No contest with being able to use JW Marriott and lazy river is AWESOME!!!

OutAndAbout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at GV and Lakeshore in July. GV seemed busy and understaffed. Checkin was often out the door. Main pool was packed, other pools were busy but less crowded.

When we were at Lakeshore, JW Marriott access wasn't allowed due to high occupancy. Lakeshore pool was busy but not packed.

Unless GV is meaningfully cheaper, Lakeshore over GV.