• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Laguanmar Transportation

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heading back to Cancun in April... :clap:
This time w/ the family
7 of us total ...
5 of us get in to CUN one hour before the other 2 (adults)

Would you have the 5 wait at the airport?? :shrug:

or head on and check in etc...

I can't remember what company Jeanette and I used to for our airport transportation last time...
Doesn't WLR have a company they are using now?
What is the going rate to get there? :ponder:

I guess I could check all these things out myself, but everyone here is always so helpful..

so help me please and thanks... :wave:

thanks,
mitch

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
They have a service 70$RT. Which is only about $10 over the going rate. We have used them twice and they are fine. I would definitely have the five head to the resort and check-in. Cancun airport is not a great place to wait an hour plus. Also 7 with luggage is going to need a full size van whereas 5 does not.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got you all beat on $

For private transfer I use Johann and Sandra Discount tour company.

$55 for round trip, private van transfer, seats up to 8 passengers.

http://www.cancun-discounts.com/cancun-airport-transfers.htm

The two that will be coming in later can do the shared van ride @ $9 per person.

I wouldnt have the 5 wait at airport.

and not sure what sptung is talking about. Reserving through a company is the same "hassle" as reserving through hotel, maybe even less of a hassle as the hotel transfer will pester you for TS tours most likely and cost more $$

Last edited:

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
What sptung means is that WLR has an airport transfer service. You ask the concierge or email them your information and you are picked up by an "in-house subcontractor" Excuse the oxymoron. They are based out of the WLR lobby but you pat them seperatly, cash or credit, no room charge. They are excellent and are right on location. However they charge $5 more each way then USA Transfers.

I still use USA for trips but I like that the hotel is involved with the transportation and that they are on location. I have made this trip approx. 5 times. First 3-4 with USA last 2 with hotel.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
What sptung means is that WLR has an airport transfer service. You ask the concierge or email them your information and you are picked up by an "in-house subcontractor" Excuse the oxymoron. They are based out of the WLR lobby but you pat them seperatly, cash or credit, no room charge. They are excellent and are right on location. However they charge $5 more each way then USA Transfers.

I still use USA for trips but I like that the hotel is involved with the transportation and that they are on location. I have made this trip approx. 5 times. First 3-4 with USA last 2 with hotel.
i was specifically talking about the "hassle" she was referring to. I dont see how paying 40% more through the hotel for a third party to pick you up is less of a hassle than booking directly? I mean at the end of the day, its all the same conversion van and 15 minute ride, why pay more?

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Plat. for Life
It's actually closer to 25 % more. For the $5.00 or so more each direction, divided up by 4 people (in my case), I have the peace of mind that if the van isn't there when I arrive, I will call Claudia my Concierge or Jose or Eric at the Front Desk. As Westin advertises this service, they are responsible to make sure that their guests are picked up on time, wont be hasseled and will be transported in a new clean vehicle with a licensed driver and insurance.

More importantly, when it is time to depart to the airport and I have a flight to catch, I don't need to worry that the driver isn't on time or who should I call or will they even answer. WLR has a dispatcher and a person taking payment right at check in.

The other companies are fine and I never had a problem with them, but hey this is still Mexico and for $1.25 more a person each way, I'll use the WLR transport.

One last thing, all the outside companies want payment months or weeks in advance when you book it, with WLR you pay when you arrive.

Last edited:

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have used the in-house transport for Lagunamar and it has been fine, but they do not stop at the grocery store on the way in, if that is important to you.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's actually closer to 25 % more. For the $5.00 or so more each direction, divided up by 4 people (in my case), I have the peace of mind that if the van isn't there when I arrive, I will call Claudia my Concierge or Jose or Eric at the Front Desk. As Westin advertises this service, they are responsible to make sure that their guests are picked up on time, wont be hasseled and will be transported in a new clean vehicle with a licensed driver and insurance.

More importantly, when it is time to depart to the airport and I have a flight to catch, I don't need to worry that the driver isn't on time or who should I call or will they even answer. WLR has a dispatcher and a person taking payment right at check in.

The other companies are fine and I never had a problem with them, but hey this is still Mexico and for $1.25 more a person each way, I'll use the WLR transport.

One last thing, all the outside companies want payment months or weeks in advance when you book it, with WLR you pay when you arrive.

$55 to $75 is a nearly 40% increase.

USA transfers was $70 for 8 pax, and $65 for 7, and more for WLR

Last edited: