• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ko Olina 2BR Room Layouts

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
In planning for my trip for 2017, I had to switch from Maui back to Ko Olina. I'm trying to remember the layouts as I thought these were at Ko Olina, but maybe they were in Maui, Lahaina Towers.

Does Ko Olina have a Walk-In Closet? The reason I ask is that one I could have sworn we used one in Ko Olina. We put our baby crib in there and the baby essentially had a quiet room that was nice and dark to sleep in. That way the rest of the family could talk, watch TV, etc.

Does Ko Olina have a Sun Room? I thought there was a sun room the first time we went there. Essentially, we were going to use this as a separate sleeping room for the kids. If I remember right, instead of having a balcony, the area that would have the balcony was enclosed. There were shutter doors into the room. Once again, maybe this was Maui.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
In planning for my trip for 2017, I had to switch from Maui back to Ko Olina. I'm trying to remember the layouts as I thought these were at Ko Olina, but maybe they were in Maui, Lahaina Towers.

Does Ko Olina have a Walk-In Closet? The reason I ask is that one I could have sworn we used one in Ko Olina. We put our baby crib in there and the baby essentially had a quiet room that was nice and dark to sleep in. That way the rest of the family could talk, watch TV, etc.

Does Ko Olina have a Sun Room? I thought there was a sun room the first time we went there. Essentially, we were going to use this as a separate sleeping room for the kids. If I remember right, instead of having a balcony, the area that would have the balcony was enclosed. There were shutter doors into the room. Once again, maybe this was Maui.

No walk in closet. Yes to the "sun room" and it is pretty small.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
From what I have read, I don't think the newest tower includes that sun room. I still believe all villas have a balcony, regardless if there is the sun room or not.

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
From what I have read, I don't think the newest tower doesn't include that sun room. I still believe all villas have a balcony, regardless if there is the sun room or not.

That is correct. Also, neither Ko Olina nor Maui have walk-in closets.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is correct. Also, neither Ko Olina nor Maui have walk-in closets.

GregT reminded me the walk in closet was at Kauai Lagoons.

For the Sunroom, is that just in Kona tower? That's the farthest one from the lagoon, right?

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for the Kona building, but the master bedroom has the sunroom off of it in that building.

http://tinyurl.com/gq6pklr

I think you're thinking of Moana. Don't know if they have the sunrooms or not.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
No walk in closet. Yes to the "sun room" and it is pretty small.

I know Moana 2BRLO has the sun room. I believe the sun room is specific to 2 BRLO and not to buildings.:shrug:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

For the Sunroom, is that just in Kona tower? That's the farthest one from the lagoon, right?

Moana is the farthest. Kona is in the middle. Nai'a is the closest and newest. Nai'a has a lot 2 BR and fewer 2 BRLO.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

The only walk-in closets I am aware of in the Marriott system (there could be others I am not aware of) are in two resorts that were built as full ownership condos and then converted to timeshares--Kauai Lagoons and Manor Club (Berkeley building). Don't know about the rest of the buildings in the original section at Manor Club, which were not built as full ownership condos.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark

Steven,

Hale Kona is the original tower, in the middle -- it's a great spot and I think the sun room is a good feature considering your needs. As an owner, I'm sure they would place you in Hale Kona.

Best,

Greg

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
All 1br and larger have a sunroom in Kona and Moana towers as part of the master bedroom. Fits a rollaway perfectly for a young adult or a pack and play for the young one. Only problem is if you close the door to the living room and the sliders to the master bedroom it can get a little warm. Hope this helos steven. When are you coming to MKO? Maybe we can get together for a drink and chat?

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Steven,

Hale Kona is the original tower, in the middle -- it's a great spot and I think the sun room is a good feature considering your needs. As an owner, I'm sure they would place you in Hale Kona.

Best,

Greg

Unfortunately, not necessarily. I have owned there for 8-9 years and have never been successful in requesting Kona Tower. It is the smallest of the three towers. Now I request Naia because I think it is the best choice, but we always asked for Kona the first few years we owned there, and we were3 always placed in Moana.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, not necessarily. I have owned there for 8-9 years and have never been successful in requesting Kona Tower. It is the smallest of the three towers. Now I request Naia because I think it is the best choice, but we always asked for Kona the first few years we owned there, and we were3 always placed in Moana.

Do you reserve and make the request too close to the arrival date? I've had good luck with owner requests.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Just checked my vacation archives and we were last in Ko Olina in 2006. Wow, time flies. We need to go back.

For the 'sun room', does anyone have a photo? I recall seeing it when touring and thought it was a very nice touch. I cannot locate a photo though.

Also is it only in Moana and Kona buildings? Both 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom villas? Dedicated and lock off?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Just checked my vacation archives and we were last in Ko Olina in 2006. Wow, time flies. We need to go back.

For the 'sun room', does anyone have a photo? I recall seeing it when touring and thought it was a very nice touch. I cannot locate a photo though.

Also is it only in Moana and Kona buildings? Both 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom villas? Dedicated and lock off?

Yes it is only in the Moana and Kona buildings -- in the 2BR units (both towers) and the 3BR units in Moana (Kona doesn't have 3BR units).

Best,

Greg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Here is a photo.

13678908865_1a4cb78b3c_z.jpg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here is a photo.

13678908865_1a4cb78b3c_z.jpg

Ours was just a desk, so there was plenty of room for a rollaway. Interesting how this used to be.

Best,

Greg

rpw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ko Olina, Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
in Naia

Ours was just a desk, so there was plenty of room for a rollaway. Interesting how this used to be.

Best,

Greg

In Naia I think they completely got rid of the "separate room" and they added a desk where the chair is in that pic.

To be fair, I kind of liked the chair, when the kids were small the pack and play went into that room nicely and we even used that chair as a bed when the kids were little.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I can take a photo of the sunroom, but how do i display it here? Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I can take a photo of the sunroom, but how do i display it here? Thanks

You need to create an account at Flickr or Photobucket, or just about any other photos sharing site. Then upload the photo there. You can then get a sharing link and post it here. The photo I posted is from Flickr.