• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land Resort Map & layout questions

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I have searched and cannot find a resort layout PDF anywhere-well, actually, I found one here on TUG but the writing is in Japanese. Does anyone have a PDF of resort layout, I am trying to figure out building request for an upcoming Jan stay?

Are any of the rooms walkable to Hilton Waikola Village & the main pool there?

We are only 3 nights at Kings Land and honestly probably will not be in the room much, so it may not matter tremendously. We like peace & quiet. Are staying on a HGVC member's points, but not a Kings Land owner.

Thanks,
H

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a week at HGVC Waikoloa and toured Kings Land while we were there. It would be a LONG (hot) walk between properties. Faster way to get around is using the free shuttle that takes you to all the Hilton Properties there in Waikoloa (Hilton Hotel, HGVC, Bay Club, Kings Land - shuttles will also take you to the Kings Shops and Queens Marketplace).

They are opening PHASE II of Kings Land next year (saw construction) which will have the standard 5000/7000 points. LOVE the Kings Land pool area, but thought the rooms were nicer at HGVC (Kohola Suites). But all HGVC guests can use the pool & other facilities at the Hilton hotel (pool was awesome).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
They are opening PHASE II of Kings Land next year (saw construction) which will have the standard 5000/7000 points. LOVE the Kings Land pool area, but thought the rooms were nicer at HGVC (Kohola Suites). But all HGVC guests can use the pool & other facilities at the Hilton hotel (pool was awesome).

I'd not heard that the Phase II would have the standard points pricing - that would be a very interesting development. Where did you hear this? Thanks very much!

Greg

icul8rg8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were actually given a KINGS' LAND PHASE II 2012 brochure after our tour that has the rates listed as follows (Plantinum/Gold):

Reg 1br King - 4800 / 3400
Reg 1br Double - 4800 / 3400
Reg 2bf King + Double - 7000/5000

1br PLUS King - 6200 / 4200
1br PLUS Double - 6200 / 4200
2br PLUS King + Double - 8400 / 5800

The 1br units all have 561 sq. ft. with an 82 sq. ft. lanai.
The 2br units all have 875 sq. ft. with an 129 sq. ft. lanai.

The PLUS units have higher / better views, although you cannot see the ocean from KINGS' LAND property. GREAT pool.

The furnishings of the Phase II model unit we saw were quite modern & sleek; not decorated in the usual Hawaiian/Plantation type of theme one usually sees in Hawaii.

Hope that helps!

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were actually given a KINGS' LAND PHASE II 2012 brochure after our tour that has the rates listed as follows (Plantinum/Gold):

Reg 1br King - 4800 / 3400
Reg 1br Double - 4800 / 3400
Reg 2bf King + Double - 7000/5000

1br PLUS King - 6200 / 4200
1br PLUS Double - 6200 / 4200
2br PLUS King + Double - 8400 / 5800

The 1br units all have 561 sq. ft. with an 82 sq. ft. lanai.
The 2br units all have 875 sq. ft. with an 129 sq. ft. lanai.

The PLUS units have higher / better views, although you cannot see the ocean from KINGS' LAND property. GREAT pool.

The furnishings of the Phase II model unit we saw were quite modern & sleek; not decorated in the usual Hawaiian/Plantation type of theme one usually sees in Hawaii.

Hope that helps!

Well, glad to see HGVC came to grips with the absurd points premium they were trying to get for Phase I of Kings' Land. However, 875 square feet!?!?!?! That seems incredibly tiny. The current Kings' Land units at 1050 square feet seem tiny...I can't imagine any smaller for a 2 bedroom. I guess we'll just have to suffer in the gigantic units at the Bay Club.

Wonder if this means they'll try to keep PH Tower at the more reasonable point levels?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
These new point values for phase 2 are also listed in the new 2012 directory.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...are they expecting units to open in 2012? (seems ambitious)

Are there any floorplans (of the new units) anywhere?

DaveC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at Kingsland last month and they have a long way to go. They said that would open the rest of the road after the 2nd phase was complete.