• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land Building Assignment

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

TUGgers may recall my enthusiasm for Building 6 at Kings Land, which has close proximity to the pool area, bar/restaurant, and fitness center (full disclosure: I have yet to see on this trip). I requested the same for this current trip and when we arrived, we had been assigned to Building 7. I didn't think it was problematic, as all of the above remain very accessible. But it had been a long travel day and we inquired if anything was ready for us to occupy. We were offered Building 8, which we gratefully accepted.

There is much to like about these "upper" buildings (7-12). I'd not appreciated how the "lower" buildings (1-6) have a restricted view by trees/shrubs. I am a first floor enthusiast because I grill as much as possible. The "upper" buildings have an improved view plane and I have a striking view of Mauna Kea and the other mountain (Kohala?) from my patio. Building 9 would have an even better direct view of Kohala but isn't angled towards Mauna Kea.

Interesting stuff....I've never considered Kings Land to be a view property (and I still don't) but this is a remarkable benefit as it is beautiful to look at the currently snow-capped top of Mauna Kea and it's telescopes.

Kings Land is as delightful as always, we really like this property and it's a real gem in our timeshare collection, as is HHV. I will always come to Kings Land versus Marriott Waikoloa Ocean Club, as I prefer the units, infrastructure and layout. Jack and I went scuba diving yesterday and will again on Thursday (fingers crossed for Manta Rays) and it has been a great trip thus far -- still a few days to go! I hope this is helpful to anyone considering unit assignments....

For future trips, I will request Building 8, because of the view to Mauna Kea and it is still easy access to the amenities above.

Best,

Greg

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Greg, glad you still enjoy my home resort, the points are a good value on the premier units.

Another nice thing about the upper buildings is you can walk up to the top floor of the stairs and catch some nice Kona sunset photos.

490837baf543d28a23c3a570d112f7dd.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd chime in and give my opinion, hope you don't mind Greg.
We will have experienced all 4 Hilton timeshare properties on our current stay. I wanted to "stretch" our points, so used open season for 1) 2 nights at Kingsland,
2) 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at Bay Club, 3) 2 nights at Kohala Suites (where I am right now), and then regular points for 4) Ocean Towers studio for the final 7 days. My wife and I were just rating the 3 so far. We actually like Bay Club the best (mainly for the HUGE lanai and very nice view from the 3rd floor), #2 would be Kohala Suites, and would rate Kingsland last. We stayed at Ocean Towers last year and really liked it, so know what to expect tomorrow when we check in. We really have enjoyed the view from the 3rd floors at both Bay Club and KS. Nothing against Kingsland, but with the points at a premium to the others, not worth it IMHO.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Greg, the view of Mauna Kea is also one of the things I liked about our view from Building 24. Our lanai overlooked the 10th green at the Kings' Course with Mauna Kea and the telescopes as a backdrop. Just an iPhone photo here as I haven't sorted through all my DSLR pics yet.

We share your enthusiasm for Kings' Land. Trying decide whether to stick with our plan to try the Bay Club in 2021, or figure out if we can work our points out to "afford" to return to Kings' Land again. I'm truly torn between the two options. On the one hand, I really want to try Bay Club, but on the other, it's hard to imagine how it could top Kings Land. We would have to spend 7,000 points at Bay Club for a 2BR to avoid a parking lot view, so a Phase 1/3 1BR at Kings' Land is really only 2,300 points more than that. Decisions, decisions, and first world problems...

IMG_0975 copy.jpg

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Greg, thank you for sharing your insights about Kingsland and your unit assignment. We are planning our first visit next May. We have 7,000 points, but may want to use 4,800 for a weeks stay (just the two of us.) Any suggestions on a 1BR unit to reserve? The first floor can work for us too.

Have a great time!

Best regards.

Mike

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Greg, thank you for sharing your insights about Kingsland and your unit assignment. We are planning our first visit next May. We have 7,000 points, but may want to use 4,800 for a weeks stay (just the two of us.) Any suggestions on a 1BR unit to reserve? The first floor can work for us too.

Have a great time!

Best regards.

Mike

Greg will have to answer your question regarding building preferences, but if you want to spend only 4800 points, I believe all of those smaller 1BR units face the parking lots.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Just thought I'd chime in and give my opinion, hope you don't mind Greg.
We will have experienced all 4 Hilton timeshare properties on our current stay. I wanted to "stretch" our points, so used open season for 1) 2 nights at Kingsland,
2) 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at Bay Club, 3) 2 nights at Kohala Suites (where I am right now), and then regular points for 4) Ocean Towers studio for the final 7 days. My wife and I were just rating the 3 so far. We actually like Bay Club the best (mainly for the HUGE lanai and very nice view from the 3rd floor), #2 would be Kohala Suites, and would rate Kingsland last. We stayed at Ocean Towers last year and really liked it, so know what to expect tomorrow when we check in. We really have enjoyed the view from the 3rd floors at both Bay Club and KS. Nothing against Kingsland, but with the points at a premium to the others, not worth it IMHO.
That's a very interesting view -- I have heard great things about the Bay Club property and the unit itself (originally built as a condo for sale, then converted to timeshares in the 1990's -- as I understand it). I think Jonell and I will stay often at Bay Club when we come to the property, and that Kings Land benefits right now while it's Jack (age 14) and me -- there is much to like in a family resort. I do like the adult pool at Kings Land too, and will always be tempted to stick with what I know, plus the memories. But Bay Club has alot to like. Also interested by the Kohala Suites comments -- I never really got the benefit to KS -- the suites weren't large (like Bay Club), nor the amenities impressive (like Kings Land). I will have to stay there sometime to assess.

JiminNC, I like that Mauna Kea picture over the golf course -- great pic and life is good! Big Island is a great place to be right now!

Best,

Greg

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Greg,

Thanks for the perspective on buildings. We stayed on upper floors in buildings 11 and 12 and the view was very nice. It was a bit windy at times to sit on the lanai though. Not sure if this is an attribute of being perched high on these specific buildings or if everyone is affected by the wind.

For manta rays try a night dive or snorkel boat off the airport. We did the snorkel a few years ago. They turned on lights that attract the rays and they swim right up to you. The Kingland concierge can arrange.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Greg,
I used your previous recommendation last year while we stayed at KL and was very happy. I will try your new recommendation the next time we stay at KL.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Eglesfn

Reaction score
All,

TUGgers may recall my enthusiasm for Building 6 at Kings Land, which has close proximity to the pool area, bar/restaurant, and fitness center (full disclosure: I have yet to see on this trip). I requested the same for this current trip and when we arrived, we had been assigned to Building 7. I didn't think it was problematic, as all of the above remain very accessible. But it had been a long travel day and we inquired if anything was ready for us to occupy. We were offered Building 8, which we gratefully accepted.

There is much to like about these "upper" buildings (7-12). I'd not appreciated how the "lower" buildings (1-6) have a restricted view by trees/shrubs. I am a first floor enthusiast because I grill as much as possible. The "upper" buildings have an improved view plane and I have a striking view of Mauna Kea and the other mountain (Kohala?) from my patio. Building 9 would have an even better direct view of Kohala but isn't angled towards Mauna Kea.

Interesting stuff....I've never considered Kings Land to be a view property (and I still don't) but this is a remarkable benefit as it is beautiful to look at the currently snow-capped top of Mauna Kea and it's telescopes.

Kings Land is as delightful as always, we really like this property and it's a real gem in our timeshare collection, as is HHV. I will always come to Kings Land versus Marriott Waikoloa Ocean Club, as I prefer the units, infrastructure and layout. Jack and I went scuba diving yesterday and will again on Thursday (fingers crossed for Manta Rays) and it has been a great trip thus far -- still a few days to go! I hope this is helpful to anyone considering unit assignments....

For future trips, I will request Building 8, because of the view to Mauna Kea and it is still easy access to the amenities above.

Best,

Greg

Thanks for the great review and info. We are staying at Kings Land in April. Could you tell me what kind of coffee pot is in the units? We want to get some things on our way in and were wondering if we need pods or will need coffee and filters.

Thanks for anything you can tell us.

Jamie

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thoughts:

The Bay Club units are very large (as has been pointed out, as a result of them originally being built to be full time condos) and the renovation completed 7 or 8 years ago really made them nice units. The downside is limited additional facilities, but I understand they do still sell wristbands allowing access to Kings' Land and the hotel amenities. I can't comment on 1 bedroom views as we always stay in a 2 bedroom. We will stay here or Kings' Land, depending on availability and how much space we need (I will only spend the lower number of points required for Phase 1-3 at Kings' Land).

Kohala Suites to me is now the least attractive option of the bunch. The units are much smaller than Bay Club, are in need of an update and they also offer very limited additional amenities. I believe many opt (or opted) for Kohala Suites as they did (and may still) include access to the Kings' Land amenities. When we last stayed there we were led to believe this was a limited time benefit while the other phases of Kings' Land were being built. I seem to remember it posted here somewhere that they now had a limited number of wristbands allowing access to the Kings' Land amenities that were handed out on a daily basis (first come first served). Regardless, I don't think we'd ever opt to stay here unless there was no other option.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the great review and info. We are staying at Kings Land in April. Could you tell me what kind of coffee pot is in the units? We want to get some things on our way in and were wondering if we need pods or will need coffee and filters.

Thanks for anything you can tell us.

Jamie
Hello Jamie,

They have a new coffee system from previous years. It's no longer a coffee pot, more like a coffee reservoir. You fill the "side tank" with water and attach it to the coffee system, and it brews coffee which remains in the reservoir. You then push the coffee cup up against a lever (?) underneath the reservoir and it dispenses the coffee from the reservoir. I've never seen one of these before (and don't particularly like it - how do they clean the reservoir?).

It does take a filter, the traditional basket filter not the V filter and you will want coffee that is already ground. I hope that helps?

I can now add describing a coffee system to my legacy of random tasks while at Kings Land (which include counting cigarette butts and stepping off the size of the different units). Hmmm.....

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Have a great time!

Best regards.

Mike
Hello Mike, I'm not sure where the 1BRs are, but if you are looking for a 4,800 point room, then I believe you will be in Phase 2 or Phase 3. I think the suggestion would be to request a Phase 2 room so that you are directly across the street from the amenities. It's an easy walk and worth requesting. I hope that helps and enjoy your trips!

Best,

Greg

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Hello Mike, I'm not sure where the 1BRs are, but if you are looking for a 4,800 point room, then I believe you will be in Phase 2 or Phase 3. I think the suggestion would be to request a Phase 2 room so that you are directly across the street from the amenities. It's an easy walk and worth requesting. I hope that helps and enjoy your trips!

Best,

Greg

At the request of @alwysonvac in the thread I started on Kings' Land room assignments back before our trip, I posed a question on which room types were in which buildings to my pre-arrival contact person. I received the following information yesterday, but it is not all room types. I have added the bolding to designate which categories are the higher point Phase 1-type units. I also noted below the list which categories were missing. I could reach back out to ask about these, but I don't want to be too much of a pest. If you have a contact there, maybe you could ask while there about the missing categories:

1BR Building #1-11, #23-25 (Standard Phase 1 first floor)
1BP Building #1-4 (Plus Phase 1 first or second floor depends on availability)
1KP Building #5-11, #23-25 (Plus Phase 1/3 second floor)
1BX Building #1-11, #23-25 (Premier Phase 1/3 third floor or second floor end unit)
3LX Building #23-25 (Premier Phase 3 first, second, or third floor end unit).

BR1 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Standard Phase 2/3)
BP1 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Plus Phase 2/3)
BR2 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Standard Phase 2/3)
BP2 Building #21-22, #23-25 (Plus Phase 2/3)

Missing Info:
1DR, 12P, 1DP, 1DX, 2BR, 2BP, 2KP, 2BX, 3BR, 3BX
DD1, DP1

I think @alwysonvac had suggested updating the sticky thread, but since the info is not complete, I will leave it up to the moderators to decide how to handle.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Best,

Greg

Thank you Greg. That is helpful.

Best regards.

Mike

At the request of @alwysonvac in the thread I started on Kings' Land room assignments back before our trip, I posed a question on which room types were in which buildings to my pre-arrival contact person. I received the following information yesterday, but it is not all room types. I have added the bolding to designate which categories are the higher point Phase 1-type units. I also noted below the list which categories were missing. I could reach back out to ask about these, but I don't want to be too much of a pest. If you have a contact there, maybe you could ask while there about the missing categories:

1BX Building #1-11, #23-25 (Premier Phase 1/3 third floor or second floor end unit)

Missing Info:
DD1, DP1

I think @alwysonvac had suggested updating the sticky thread, but since the info is not complete, I will leave it up to the moderators to decide how to handle.

Thank you as well Jim. That is very helpful as well.

Best regards.

Mike

terces

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC LVB x3, Sandos Mexico for RCI points
We w
Hello Jamie,

They have a new coffee system from previous years. It's no longer a coffee pot, more like a coffee reservoir. You fill the "side tank" with water and attach it to the coffee system, and it brews coffee which remains in the reservoir. You then push the coffee cup up against a lever (?) underneath the reservoir and it dispenses the coffee from the reservoir. I've never seen one of these before (and don't particularly like it - how do they clean the reservoir?).

It does take a filter, the traditional basket filter not the V filter and you will want coffee that is already ground. I hope that helps?

I can now add describing a coffee system to my legacy of random tasks while at Kings Land (which include counting cigarette butts and stepping off the size of the different units). Hmmm.....

Best,

Greg
We were just there and your description of the coffee pot is accurate - which begs the question - do you really want your pot of coffee sitting in a heated plastic reservoir? And how do they clean it? We solved the problem by buying a coffee pot with a typical glass carafe from Walmart for $20 and just left it behind when we were done.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Missing Info:
DD1, DP1

This is great. Thank you :) (@GT75 can you add this to the sticky thread?)

The sticky thread currently has information on the two bedrooms room codes only (see below).

· Phase I are buildings 1-11
· Phase II are buildings 21 & 22
· Phase III are buildings 23-25

· Phase I only contains the larger 1 and 2 Bd rooms plus 3 Bd rooms
· Phase II only contains the smaller 1 and 2 Bd rooms.
· Phase III contains both size rooms which is split 50/50 between Phase I/II room sizes. It also contains some 3 Br rooms.

Room Codes:

• 2BR is a standard phase 1/3 first floor (Note: First Floor 2 bedroom units in Bldg 5-11 are all standard 2 Bds with room code {2BR})
  • 2BR2 is standard phase 2
  • 2BP is a plus unit phase 1/3 first or second floor (Note: 1st floor units are only in Bldg 1-4 because the 2 bedroom units in those building were all sold as "Plus" and "Premier" units, not standard 2 bd units)
  • 2KP is a plus unit phase 1 second floor
  • 2BP2 is plus phase 2
  • 2BX is premier phase 1 third floor

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
i will be heading there and staying in a 2 bedroom plus (BP2) 950sqft which is likely a smaller 2 bedroom unit. Do higher floors have a BBQ or is it just the rooms on the first floor that have them?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
i will be heading there and staying in a 2 bedroom plus (BP2) 950sqft which is likely a smaller 2 bedroom unit. Do higher floors have a BBQ or is it just the rooms on the first floor that have them?

The BBQs are located in the common area, between or near each building. Guests in any unit can use the BBQs. The ground floor units allow you walk out the lanai on to the grass, and get to the BBQ quickly. From the 2nd or 3rd floor units, you need to go out front door and down the stairs or elevator to reach the grills. Easily doable from either, but definitely quicker from the ground floor.

Some of the grills are in the sun, and others are nicely shaded. Depending on what i am cooking, and the location. With a ground unit I often put by food on the grill, and can still keep an eye on it from the lanai.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Hello Jamie,

Best,

Greg

Is there something to keep the coffee warm while in the reservoir? Like a thermal carafe, or burner like the glass pot units?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Is there something to keep the coffee warm while in the reservoir? Like a thermal carafe, or burner like the glass pot units?

If it's the same one as in Ocean 22, than yes. Our coffee was never cold. Then again, we go through a lot of coffee in a day.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is a setting that indicates it will keep it warm for 3 hours. I've not tried to change it, but I assume that it can also go for longer periods of time if adjusted.

Best,

Greg