• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kings Land breakfast

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Does Kings Land still give a buy-one, get-one-free coupon for breakfast when you check in? If so, what's the price? Is the food worth it?

I've been there twice by myself, so I couldn't use the coupon. Complained about discrimination to no avail. And couldn't get one breakfast at half price. :)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does Kings Land still give a buy-one, get-one-free coupon for breakfast when you check in? If so, what's the price? Is the food worth it?

I've been there twice by myself, so I couldn't use the coupon. Complained about discrimination to no avail. And couldn't get one breakfast at half price. :)

Where is the breakfast provided because there isn't a proper restaurant at Kings Land, only a snack bar at the pool. Room delivery service is provided by some of the food court vendors at Queens Marketplace. Are you referring to the Hilton hotel?

If its the Kings Grille at the golf course pro shop, they make a decent omelette, could be worthwhile with a coupon. The service is slow and its a typical golf course lunch sandwich menu, nothing special.

When I stay there a big breakfast is the meal I prefer to cook myself in the condo, we eat out a late lunch or early dinner. We only eat two meals a day now that we are retired.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you're by yourself with a 2-4-1 coupon, try to get the 2nd meal "to go."
Microwaves and leftovers were made for each other.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Where is the breakfast provided because there isn't a proper restaurant at Kings Land, only a snack bar at the pool.

It was a buffet somewhere by the snack bar/lobby. I never checked it out before because I couldn't use the coupon. But next month a friend is going with me. Last time I was there was two years ago; maybe they don't do this anymore.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was given the 2 for 1 coupon in June when we were at kingsland. We did not use it so can't tell how much or quality of the foods. I remember the coupon must be used the beginning 2-3 days of the week

jancpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we went it was around $19. It was "regular" breakfast buffet food -- good but nothing really spectacular. It was worth it using the 2 for 1 coupon though.

amc347

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there in June and got 2 for 1 coupons. It's better that a free breakfast at Fairfield inn but not like a gourmet spread. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausages, fresh fruit, salad, bagels, toast, small pastries, juice and coffee. Served on paper plates, plastic utensils, cafeteria trays buffet style with seat your self by the pool area. Opens right at 8 and they close fairly early like 10:30 or so but I don't recall exactly. About the same price as driving to Queens Marketplace.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It was a buffet somewhere by the snack bar/lobby. I never checked it out before because I couldn't use the coupon. But next month a friend is going with me. Last time I was there was two years ago; maybe they don't do this anymore.

Sounds like they added it within the last few years, its been three since we went. I have two weeks booked next May. Judging from the other replies we would not be interested in paper plates and plastic utensils at $19, would rather walk to Kings Grille at the golf clubhouse and have table service.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Last edited:

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad breakfast buffet with the coupon. They also have white sticky rice. My biggest complaint is the birds. You need to keep an eye on your food and you can't leave the table unattended for any reason. Don't know what they can do about the birds anyway. Usually animals get into these habits because people feed them and don't clean up after themselves leaving the food readily available for the birds. We we stay at KL, we always do breakfast in the room and the buffet once.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a 2 for 1 coupon upon check-in last month.
It had to be redeemed within 48h so we (2 adults, one child) went to the pool bar on our second day.

The food and selection was very much underwhelming considering the $16 price tag for an adult.
The "buffet" is pretty much what you would get at a Hampton Inn.
The coffee was "okay", nothing like the good Kona coffee you can get elsewhere.

The birds are indeed something to watch out for and having seen them hopping on tables which are used for breakfast and lunch was not so appetizing.

The entire area, just like anything else in KL, was kept sparkling clean however!

We were glad to have had the coupon to check it out since it was our first trip to KL.
We did not have another breakfast or lunch (quit pricy) there...

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Thanks for the info. We probably won't use the coupon unless my friend wants a hot breakfast instead of cereal or yogurt in the unit.

vacationbear

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. We probably won't use the coupon unless my friend wants a hot breakfast instead of cereal or yogurt in the unit.

Well, I had pancakes- and they were good! :)
$16 pancakes! :eek:

You can take a look at what they offer in the morning and decide. Maybe ist what you dreamed of, maybe not.

Either way, enjoy that nice resort!

chickensoop

Reaction score
I found them over priced, even at the 2-for-1 price. Buffets seem to encourage over eating to get your value. We try to stay fit and run and swim, so I hate subsidizing over weight people who stock up on buffet meals while we just eat small meals and pay the same price. Also, I thought the orange juice seemed watered down. Watered down orange juice in the tropics - really???? I just find it a lot of average-low quality cooking at premium pricing.

On the other hand, you can stock up at Costco and eat breakfast all week for the price of one day here. Cooking breakfast is easy, while eating supper out is a requirement.

Wexflyer

Reaction score
My recollection is that it was a pathetic buffet, and way overpriced. Much better to eat in your own place - that is the advantage of having a full kitchen, and not staying in a hotel! Or, go to one of the restaurants/cafes in the shopping centre.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We did not try the buffet.. I much prefer to fix breakfast in the unit and eat out on the lanai.. less money and nice relaxing start to the day!