• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kim Jong Un -- Status, anyone?

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
I'm hearing widely varying reports about Kim Jong Un -- some are saying that he's recuperating from a heart procedure and others are saying that he has died. Is anyone in possession of some trustworthy news that may shed some light on this topic?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm hearing widely varying reports about Kim Jong Un -- some are saying that he's recuperating from a heart procedure and others are saying that he has died. Is anyone in possession of some trustworthy news that may shed some light on this topic?

I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Maybe he has the Covid-19...?

I think it's anyones guess and control of the Nuclear Weapons is the biggest issue.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The CNN article I read said he's being reported as deceased from a failed heart procedure after he collapsed while touring some facility. His sister is reportedly preparing to take over. There is a big event this weekend that he should appear at if he's alive, to dispel rumors to the contrary. If he doesn't appear, there will be a lot of demand for an update on his condition.

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
There were other occasions he didn’t appear in the past and was reported ill and then appeared so time will tell.

nomoretslt

Reaction score
One can only hope that the next one to take over will get with it and stop being the hermit kingdom. I could not imagine having to live in a society like that and not being able to do a thing about it.

There have been rumors for years about his health. If he is dead they will keep it a secret as long as possible. He’s extremely overweight and I’m sure diabetic and probably has heart issues....a perfect candidate for a fatal bout with Wuhan Virus.

I’m more nervous about a China taking over.....from what I’ve read, NoKo has a vast amount of rare earth minerals.

Maybe Dennis Rodman can take a recon trip and let us know.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
N. Korea is the most closed society on Earth. They are paranoid and secretive. It is known that neighbor, and sole ally China has sent a crack medical team to Pyongyang. Porpose: unexplained. The N.Korean political operatives are running oiut of time for a credible explanation for Kim's disappearance from leadership. Eventually, they will only be left with telling the truth.

Jim

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
As Kim Jong Un Disappears, North Korea Watchers Advise Caution
The guessing game began when the leader missed his country’s most important holiday April 15, then ratcheted higher after a South Korean publication reported he had heart surgery

By Andrew Jeong
April 26, 2020

One question swirled among North Korea watchers this weekend: Where is Kim Jong Un?, as the young dictator’s unexplained absence stretched past two weeks and Twitter lighted up with speculation about his incapacitation or death.

As of late Sunday, there were no known facts about the third-generation leader’s health. The guessing game began when Mr. Kim missed the country’s most important holiday April 15, then ratcheted higher after a South Korean publication reported he had heart surgery. On Saturday, a Japanese magazine took it a step further, writing that he had been left in a vegetative state after the procedure was botched.

The rumors illustrate North Korea’s outsize dependence on a single person for its political stability. The answer to the question of his health holds significant implications for the future of high-stakes nuclear negotiations with the U.S. and the stability of a country on China’s border.

“These persistent rumors suggest that there are concerns that his health could impact his ability to lead the country,” said Jean Lee, a public-policy fellow at the Washington-based Woodrow Wilson Center. “And those concerns are always worth paying attention to with a country like North Korea where the system has been built around the rule of one family.”

But the flow of information from the secretive state is so poor, especially when it comes to the health of its leaders, that all longtime experts could do was hypothesize, advise caution and wait...............

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Someone performed the highest form of public service?

(Let's see if anyone gets that reference...)

plpgma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm-Aire
Someone performed the highest form of public service?

(Let's see if anyone gets that reference...)
I believe I get it

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
While TUGgers are a great group, I'm not sure we're the holders of secret but trustworthy news! ;-)
I'll admit there are news reports that I see on this forum that would never see, otherwise. Secret news?

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I would bet that he caught COVID-19 which does not exist in North Korea.

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
N Korea's Kim Jong Un appears in public amid health rumors.

Richard

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)