• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KBC kitchens

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a two bedroom unit booked at KBC this summer. I know they did some work on the kitchens. What is now in the kitchens?

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
We check in late tomorrow night. I'll let you know.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

LUV2TRVL2HI

TUG Member
Reaction score
KBC Kitchen Layout

The kitchen in our updated unit last year still had a small refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. There still was no stove top or oven. The main difference was the layout, with there being new cabinets above the countertop (dishes, glasses, etc. are now in those cabinets), microwave is no longer located under the counter (but rather is now located above the countertop, under the new cabinets), and the sink/countertop has been lowered so it is not so hard to reach. I thought, except for the absence of a cooktop or oven, that the update was well done.

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I was hoping they added more items into the kitchens.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
As Emily Litella would say, "never mind". We're staying at the Ka'anapali Beach Club, not the Kaua'i Beach Club. :doh:

Lol 'KBC' results in so much confusion in our household. We now try to say Diamond KBC or Marriott KBC.

LUV2TRVL2HI thanks for the kitchen update as we are going there for the first time this Nov.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, the kitchens are pretty inadequate. We did all of our dinner "cooking" on the makeshift barbeques by the main pool. Pool restaurant renovations were underway at the time and the barbeques provided were in no way comparable to my barbeque at home. Still, heat and tin foil resulted in a tasty dinner most nights. Our breakfasts and lunches were either cold or in the microwave.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
We went last April 2011 and here's a picture of the kitchen we had in our unit. I'm guessing it is the updated one since the microwave is under the top cabinets.

2854953390041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

If you click the link in my signature you can see more kitchen photos. Just click on Kauai Beach Club and then, you can see the pictures I took.