• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Car Rental

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thrifty Compact Jun 9-22 on Kayak: $$859.04 :mad:

Thrifty Compact Jun 9-22 using discounthawaiicarrental.com $442.56 :D

Savings +$416.48 :D :D :D

Sterling

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Great Price!

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
That's who I used for my up coming trip. They were about $375 cheaper than
Everybody else. I booked mine in November and have been watching it daily
Since. It's up to $1,400 now for 16 days for an intermediate. Some sites have
Been showing "sold out". I've never been to Kauai in February and I know my
First week is Presidants week but I didn't expect this.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
If you are a Costco member be sure to check them as well. I had made a reservation for two weeks on Maui in March through discounthawaii. I had a rate of about $485 with Alamo for an intermediate. Using Costco the rate went to $310, still with Alamo for an intermediate.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We used discountcar for our last trip. It worked well because their rate includes three drivers, which was a big plus for us.

RSchwartz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going for 14 days + a couple of hours starting March 23, 2012. Was quoted today by Costco a price of $729.46 for a compact car. Discount Hawwaii Car Rental came in at $472.38 last week. Have used Costco for the past three years (Alamo) but will now try Discount Hawaii (Thrifty Car Rental). Hopefully it will be a good experience with Thrifty.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Going for 14 days + a couple of hours starting March 23, 2012. Was quoted today by Costco a price of $729.46 for a compact car. Discount Hawwaii Car Rental came in at $472.38 last week. Have used Costco for the past three years (Alamo) but will now try Discount Hawaii (Thrifty Car Rental). Hopefully it will be a good experience with Thrifty.

How strange. Our dates for March start on March 21 and Costco was much better than discounthawaii. I had to check out a few of their promo codes to find the best one. I wonder if has anything to do with which island you're renting on?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
How strange. Our dates for March start on March 21 and Costco was much better than discounthawaii. I had to check out a few of their promo codes to find the best one. I wonder if has anything to do with which island you're renting on?

The island does make a difference due to supply and demand.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I booked a mid-size from Alamo with Costco codes: $417 for 18 days, 3/17-4/4. Now that's a deal. It's now coming in at $878 for the same thing. I am very happy but will watch for a better deal, if I can find such a thing.

rifleman69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks KauaiKid, discounthawaiicarrental did the trick for us in April.

I love almost last minute plans to Kauai. :)

Tiger

TUG Member
Reaction score
priceline accepted my bid for $33 a day plus fees for standard suv, for 24 days total $1153, a savings of $200 over discount Hawaii

squeegeeman

Reaction score
February rentals are a bloodbath this year

I've gone in February for years, but this year the rates are unbelievable! Everywhere I look, those nice 25.00 per day rates have gone up to 120.00 a day (200 for minivans):eek: . Mike at Kauai Rent a Car is out of cars, and the best price I can find is Hawaii Discount Rentals at 60.00/day. If I cant find anything else, I might just have to buy a used surfer car and sell it back when I'm done. Any ideas, other than Kauai Bus?

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I've noticed the same thing for this February. Looking now a lot of places are
Out of cars. I did best with discounthawaiicarrentals. Leave Tuesday can't
Wait.:whoopie:

slabeaume

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing this Feb. We've been going to Kauai every Feb. for about 11 year now and have always been able to cancel and rebook cheaper. Glad I booked about 10 months ago!---prices haven't dropped a penny and now most places are saying they're sold out!