• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Rescinded

Tumblindice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker
I mailed my letter (registered return) yesterday. I am well within my 10 day Florida window and I want to know what to expect from the company when they receive it? Harrassing calls, threating letters emails etc.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Expect nothing but the deposit back in whatever manner you paid it in about 30 days. Can you let us know what company and how much the contract was that you're rescinding? @Grammarhero is keeping a running total....

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations on saving a fortune, no matter who it was with. If timesharing is right for you, do your research, and then buy on the resale market. You can usually get what you want for pennies on the dollar, and often for free.

You might get a call from an aggressive sales and marketing person wanting to talk to you to "Understand why there is a problem," which is code for "I want to talk you out of rescinding to save my sales commission." But more often than not, you won't hear anything. You might get an email telling you the refund is in the process, but again, maybe not. Usually, the only thing you'll know is when your deposited funds are returned to your bank account, which should happen within a few weeks. Save your proof that you mailed the rescission letter within the timeframe, in case you ever need to prove anything. Rescissions happen all the time, (not often enough, in my opinion), so the company probably won't give you any grief. Good luck!

Welcome to Tug!

Dave

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats! Block their calls. Don't waste your time. If you followed the written contract rules for rescission you will get your money back.

Research timeshares here on Tug and Buy Resale or Rent TS from owners. The product is very good. Don't buy developer.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Remember: Sales people do not process recessions.
That's done by the corporate admin people. So...
No reason to talk to anyone from sales, whatsoever.
Do _not_ let them attempt to change your mind.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 154k & Bali Hai 105k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HVC South Bend 1/1
I mailed my letter (registered return) yesterday. I am well within my 10 day Florida window and I want to know what to expect from the company when they receive it? Harrassing calls, threating letters emails etc.
@Tumblindice

We hope your rescission and deposit refund are successful. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As per half of tuggers initially bought developer/retail TS, there is no shame.

Tumblindice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker
Congratulations! Expect nothing but the deposit back in whatever manner you paid it in about 30 days. Can you let us know what company and how much the contract was that you're rescinding? @Grammarhero is keeping a running total....
The company was Spinnaker. $8900.00. I didn't give them any cash, the deposit was to be put on an Interval International Mastercard that we applied for on site. The card arrived this week and I shredded it, no activation

Tumblindice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker
Congratulations on saving a fortune, no matter who it was with. If timesharing is right for you, do your research, and then buy on the resale market. You can usually get what you want for pennies on the dollar, and often for free."

You might get a call from an aggressive sales and marketing person wanting to talk to you to "Understand why there is a problem," which is code for "I want to talk you out of rescinding to save my sales commission." But more often than not, you won't hear anything. You might get an email telling you the refund is in the process, but again, maybe not. Usually, the only thing you'll know is when your deposited funds are returned to your bank account, which should happen within a few weeks. Save your proof that you mailed the rescission letter within the timeframe, in case you ever need to prove anything. Rescissions happen all the time, (not often enough, in my opinion), so the company probably won't give you any grief. Good luck!

Welcome to Tug!

Dave
Thanks, got a phone message from the salesman wanting to "help speed up the refund process":wave:

Tumblindice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spinnaker
Congratulations on saving a fortune, no matter who it was with. If timesharing is right for you, do your research, and then buy on the resale market. You can usually get what you want for pennies on the dollar, and often for free.

Welcome to Tug!

Dave

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Keep in mind that shredding a credit card without activating it doesn’t actually cancel the credit card, you still need to call and cancel the card. Shredding also won’t stop the change from hitting it. That happened when the card was approved and Spinnaker put the deposit on it.

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck getting a refund for a Hilton GC. Presentation. I made mistake of signing up for Vegas

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone had any luck getting a refund for a Hilton GC. Presentation. I made mistake of signing up for Vegas

As long as you rescinded in time without any errors, you should get your refund within 45 days. Mind sharing the purchase price of the Hilton TS you rescinded?

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

@jsacks44 As long as you rescinded in time without any errors, you should get your refund within 45 days. Merely to track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the purchase price of the Hilton TS you rescinded? As half tuggers initially bought developer/retail timeshares, there is no shame.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

@jsacks44 As long as you rescinded in time without any errors, you should get your refund within 45 days. Merely to track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the purchase price of the Hilton TS you rescinded? As half tuggers initially bought developer/retail timeshares, there is no shame.