• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just realized I got Saturday check in

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi , I looked at my VRI confirmation and we are due to check in November 28. I thought it was a Friday. Anyway, if I called the Resort do you think they would let me change to Friday November 27? It is Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.
Has anyone done this?
Silentg

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think it can't hurt to try but they have Friday and Saturday check in's. You probably got the one that was deposited. I doubt they would be able to change it but you never know. You may also want to keep an eye on VRI inventory if possible and see if there is another deposit if you could change for your preferred date without an exchange fee.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a hunch here, but I'd make a small wager that either contacting VRI, or the resort will give you a better answer than posting a query on TUG.

Me, I'd call the resort and ask if they could either change the check-in date or rent you a unit for a day before your reservation. They ARE in the hospitality business, after all.

As to 'has anyone done this?', it's a rare ressie that I don't call the desk for something, be it a room preference, question about nearby groceries/activities, asking for an early check-in or late check out. It's always something.

Jim

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Linda (Vacationhopeful) owns there and seems to know the staff quite well.

Hi , I looked at my VRI confirmation and we are due to check in November 28. I thought it was a Friday. Anyway, if I called the Resort do you think they would let me change to Friday November 27? It is Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.
Has anyone done this?
Silentg

You might want to PM her. She might be able to give you some direction. She offered me assistance when I briefly owned at the resort.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Friday week for Nov 28 might be fixable ... although it is the day after Thanksgiving. 1/2 of the resort are FRIDAY checkin dates.

The resort does RENT single nights ,,, and the 1bdr units hold 6 people ... King, Sofabed and murphy bed.

Good luck ... it is a very well run place.

PS Early in my timeshare days .. I showed up on a Saturday late evening (10PM type) except my checkin date was for Sunday. Quoted me a $250 1 night rental ... and I cried.

Gal felt bad for me and swap my unit for a Saturday unit. It was a resort with some Wyndham units but not managed by Wyndham. My ownership was NOT Wyndham there... but I was a Wyndham owner ==> very familiar wit their game. I was checked into a Wyndham unit and got the 9AM phone call from guest services about doing an owner update. "For which company? I am NOT a Wyndham owner - you got the WRONG number and hung up!". within 60 seconds, the guy called me back and said, "you are staying in a Wyndham unit and we are offering $150 for attending the meeting". Never got it out of me .. why or how I was staying in the Wyndham unit. Basicly, all I said was
.. I don't know; I don't work here; I have a reservation and they gave me this unit.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to PM her. She might be able to give you some direction. She offered me assistance when I briefly owned at the resort.

Thanks for the kind words ... great resort, nice staff, small pool.

Seems I will be there for a day or two of overlap to OP.

Did PM a suggestion.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Linda!