• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just got back from Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya...

petenjen

Reaction score
Had a great time with the whole family down for Thanksgiving.

My wife and I promised ourselves we wouldn't attend a sales presentation this trip because we really are happy with the level at which we own. Well, of course, the sales guy on check in assured us that there was no sales presentation and this would just be an update and a tour of the construction site of the Estates that we bought into last year. I knew he wasn't being truthful, but my wife really wanted to see the Estates, and we had a morning to blow waiting for the kids to arrive...

Typical hard-sell bs after the "update" with the expected sudden turn from friendly to cold and nasty when we gave her a hard "no". Actually, she started getting snippy when I called her out of some of the bs she was throwing at us. I never did totally drop the hammer on her because I didn't need to- we weren't going to buy anyway. I'll never understand why the Fidelis group has to resort to such strategies when they really have a nice product to sell. The Estates tour was worthwhile and it's going to be pretty awesome.

The weather was great and the beaches were pretty much sargassum-free.

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Hi Pete and Jen, Thank you so much for sharing. Would love to here about the update with the Estates. What are the current plans? What were they trying to sell you? Was unaware there was something above the Estates. Thanks again. Jason

petenjen

Reaction score
Oh they were trying to get us to buy in at the tippy-top (4 BDRM) for significantly higher than what was offered last year. And, of course, an under-the-table offer from the salesperson to help us rent our unused weeks. Along with a veiled threat that we'll have difficulty getting reservations at Grand Luxxe level unless we upgrade... So, pretty much the standard confusing, diversionary techniques to which I've become accustomed. But, the 10% discount on food/beverage was helpful as we had the whole family there. :)

The construction currently consists of a central building that will house several restaurants and such with 3 off-shooting buildings that are attached. These other 3 buildings will house 1,2, and 4 bdrm units. However, remember how they said there will be no 3 bdrm units? Shocker... They've designed the 1 and 2's next to each other so they can be 3's. So, more product to sell. They also claimed to have drastically reduced the number of units they're going to build as well. Allegedly, these initial buildings will be the only sites for the 1,2's and 3's. They're nice in that they're all 2nd or 3rd floor units well above the ground. Pretty neat. the 4's are 2 stories. All the others that will be individual structures will be 4's. Interesting. They showed us a 1 and 2 bdrm that were pretty much done and were VERY nice. Similar to GL but bigger and even nicer build materials. The 4 bdrm unit was about 70% done and was quite impressive.

Last edited:

jssquared

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe
Thank you so much. We own a four bedroom contract and have seen some pictures. Obviously, have not seen a finished unit. Very interesting to hear about other structures that will house only 4 bedroom floor plans. The renderings of the master plan for the development does not corroborate that assertion. Obviously, with all things Vidanta, we will see after it is done. Also interesting that there are still more 4 bedroom contracts being offered. Many 4 bedroom owners have been told that they are all sold out of that model. The 1+2=3 layout, similar to the Presidential building in NV, has been in the works for at least a year. The whole Estates concept has changed so many times since it was first offered about 2 - 3 years ago. I am sure it will change many more times before it is fully built out.

Separately - sent you a direct message.