• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just got back from Arroyo Roble

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a wonderful time at Arroyo Roble! The grounds of the resort are absolutely gorgeous. We loved our unit as well..and for those of you who have complained about the units being dated..our unit had granite countertops in the kitchen and downstairs bath, and what looked like a new granite-topped dining room table. I thought our unit was wonderful. We've traded into several Marriotts, but my husband thought this was the best trade yet:whoopie:
I'll post a full review once I've got myself re-acclimated to eastern standard time!
Deb

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Welcome home, Deb. Looking forwrd to your trip report. Anything critical to know and plan for? We check in to Arroyo Roble in just 21 days! Can't wait! :cheer:

Dave

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave,

If you're flying into Phoenix, there's construction that will slow you down a bit as you approach Sedona. Delays aren't really bad..just a little annoying..(And at least the views are fabulous if you get stuck in traffic!)

If you need groceries, the Safeway on 89 is great. They also had good soups and sandwiches if you want a quick meal to take back to the condo and eat in or to pack for a picnic

It's a bit of a drive (about 2.5 hours) but we really enjoyed a looong day trip
to Petrified Forest National Park. If you've never been (we hadn't) and enjoy the parks & the outdoors, I highly recommend it. (We stopped on the way and stood on a corner in Winslow, Arizona...fun! Does that date me? My co-workers don't even know the song :) )

Let me know if you any specific questions....full review to come soon!

Deb

nimrod

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb,

Very glad to hear you had a great time at Arroyo Roble. Can I ask what unit # you stayed in?

Mark

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Deb, in a previous post you mentioned you'd be in unit 1445, which someone said was an end unit. How was it? I'm assigned to 1564, which I hear is a bit of a hike from the parking area. I just had knee surgery a few days ago, so I wonder if being reassigned to a more convenient unit is possible? Any comments on that sort of thing?

Also, slightly off topic, but in another thread someone mentioned staying overnight in Grand Canyon requires booking about a year out. I agree that things fill up quickly, but just for the heck of it, I checked the Xanterra website the other day, and found availability at Yavapai Lodge for one night on the day we planned to visit the park. So I jumped on that one. Now we're staying overnight in the park one night, which means convenient viewing inside the park, no-rush sunset pictures, and being in place at "o-dark-hundred" for sunrise shots the following morning. (Traveling with a professional photographer has its ups and downs... ;))

Dave

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb, in a previous post you mentioned you'd be in unit 1445, which someone said was an end unit. How was it? I'm assigned to 1564, which I hear is a bit of a hike from the parking area. I just had knee surgery a few days ago, so I wonder if being reassigned to a more convenient unit is possible? Any comments on that sort of thing?

Also, slightly off topic, but in another thread someone mentioned staying overnight in Grand Canyon requires booking about a year out. I agree that things fill up quickly, but just for the heck of it, I checked the Xanterra website the other day, and found availability at Yavapai Lodge for one night on the day we planned to visit the park. So I jumped on that one. Now we're staying overnight in the park one night, which means convenient viewing inside the park, no-rush sunset pictures, and being in place at "o-dark-hundred" for sunrise shots the following morning. (Traveling with a professional photographer has its ups and downs... ;))

Dave

Hi Dave,
I just looked at the Arroyo Roble map again...your unit isn't so far from where you'll park your car, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be a distance from the parking lot, but you're close to units where you park outside the units...I think you'll be fine, maybe 6 units away from where your car will be.
Connie

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
BMW-here we go again. First Coronado, then Kauai and now Arroyo -- we check in there October 18 -- what is 23 days from now?

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb: Did you request a specific unit? I emailed the Front Office, but haven't heard back. Which unit were you in?

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deb: Was there an Orientation meeting given at AR?

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Connie: We are in 1563 -- is that next door to 1564 or across some street?

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
We were in unit 1445. We didn't request a specific unit..I think we just got lucky :) We had parking right in front of the unit and a view of the courtyard and the red rocks from our balconies. I don't know if all of the units are updated yet (?), but we thought the granite was really pretty in the kitchen & bath. Having said that, I would have still thought the unit was great without the granite. It's big, comfortable furniture and bed, and 3 balconies. (I'm more into comfort than "pretty" !!)
Units 1563 and 1564 are next to each other. It looks like they are sort of behind the clubhouse with a partial view of the pretty courtyard with the fountain you always see in the pictures of Arroyo Roble. I really don't think parking will be much trouble from any of the units....I don't know if they would change a unit assignment (?). (We were so pleased with ours we didn't think to ask!) The units numbered 15XX ARE closer to the pool (which was very nice and not crowded at all)
There was an orientation session on Friday morning, but we checked in Saturday so we missed it. I guess they have a lot of Thursday check-ins.
But the front desk staff is very helpful in giving directions, recommendations, etc. and there's a lot of literature about the area in the club house.
Dave, we just went to the Grand Canyon for the day. Next time we will spend the night. Although this was our third trip to the Grand Canyon, a day is never long enough! I know you'll be glad you decided to spend the night there. I'm already looking forward to going back.....!
Deb

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
BMW-here we go again. First Coronado, then Kauai and now Arroyo -- we check in there October 18 -- what is 23 days from now?

Cathy, this is too funny! Either the timeshares we're exchanging have similar trading power, or we have very scary-similar desires for t/s vacations... LOL!

We check out of Arroyo Roble on Oct.18th, so I think we'll miss each other this time. Then we check in to Kauai Beach Villas on November 22nd. Are you going to be there at that time? I think we need to meet, if only so we can wave hello and goodbye as we pass in the parking lot. :)

What do you have planned for next year? We're going to Orange Lake River Island in May, followed by a week at The Quarter House in New Orleans. Then in September we're heading back to St. George, Utah, for a week at ORE. (I guess they're called "Villas at Southgate" now.) Any of that sound familiar to you? :)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hi Dave,
I just looked at the Arroyo Roble map again...your unit isn't so far from where you'll park your car, so I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be a distance from the parking lot, but you're close to units where you park outside the units...I think you'll be fine, maybe 6 units away from where your car will be.
Connie

Thanks, Connie. The knee is healing up pretty well so far, so I'm sure it'll be fine by then. Six units away isn't bad at all. I was afraid it'd be a long hike from the car to the unit.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, we just went to the Grand Canyon for the day. Next time we will spend the night. Although this was our third trip to the Grand Canyon, a day is never long enough! I know you'll be glad you decided to spend the night there. I'm already looking forward to going back.....!
Deb

Thanks, Deb. Looking forward to the overnight inside the park. I haven't been to the Grand Canyon in about twenty years, so I'm sure it'll be like the first time all over again. We plan to spend much of the first day seeing the big sites, doing the sunset views, then sleeping at the lodge, being in place for sunrise pictures, and then spending as much of the second day as possible to see some of the rest of things before driving back to Arroyo Roble. I know we won't be able to see it all, but that should give us a pretty good experience.

Dave

Cathyb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave: Actually we were at the KBV in July already - had an 8th floor oceanfront unit - great view! Do their Friday Fish Buffet -- xlnt!

We are heading to St. George for 3 nights but at Worldmark and it will be on our way to Colorado in 2 weeks to see kids. Arroyo is on return back to Carlsbad,CA. October 18 (your checkout, our checkin) is our anniversary and we will celebrate at Enchantment Resort :)

In 2009 we are at Desert Spring Villas in Jan.; Key West in Feb; Greece cruise in June; Maui in July; Oregon/Canada in August (driving) then collapse. You guys ever make it to Carlsbad area? We all got to meet!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave: You guys ever make it to Carlsbad area? We all got to meet!

We were in Carlsbad this past June, actually, during our week at Coronado Beach Resort. Ate lunch at the Islands burger place near I-5 on the way back from San Juan Capistrano, then hopped back on the freeway. Didn't you see me waving? LOL! :wave:

Dave