• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just checked in at WKORV - building 4 closed

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked in. Building 4(?) which faces the highway is closed. The bellman sayed a combination of slow season, so taking this opportunity to do some maintenance and/or save some money by closing it down for now. He thinks they would rotate closing buildings and do maintenance.

Phone in the bedroom didn't work, shower door didn't open, and no coffee filters. I guess the phone was plugged into itself? Maintenance guy stated maybe the housekeeping gets confused, but that didn't really make sense to me. The shower door needed some adjusting so now it opens a little easier and the coffee filters arrived

They assigned us a first floor "OV" room. You can see the OV over the parking lot and picnic tables. Hey, it's Maui and we don't have a highway view , so no complaints here. We're just happy to have some time to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary.

Stopped by Cheesburgers in Paradise for a quick bite to eat after landing, since our room wasn't quite ready yet. Those waves crashing is simply paradise.

If you have questions I'll try to answer what I can. Forgot the digital camera, so can't take any pictures. Well...unless I can figure out my new I-Phone, but they'd probably be pretty low resolution quality.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
HI there!

Good to hear about their cost savings. :D Do you own an OV room, was it an upgrade from a IV or an II trade? Just curious.

I guess if I OWNED an OV and visited, I would be less excited about a 1st floor room than if it was an IV or II or SO trade. :)

Katherine

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
HI there!

Good to hear about their cost savings. :D Do you own an OV room, was it an upgrade from a IV or an II trade? Just curious.

I guess if I OWNED an OV and visited, I would be less excited about a 1st floor room than if it was an IV or II or SO trade. :)

Katherine

We're II exchangers, so we're thankful for just being here. I've learned a LOT from this board, so willing to help if I can answer anything during our stay.

One of these days we'll be SVO owners. In the process of possibly selling our Hawaii timeshare, so we'll be free to maybe add that SVO property.

P.S. My spouse agreed that if we were OV owners that it would certainly be a little disappointing, but educated SVO owners know that there is certainly a wide range of OV rooms available. We tried to move up floors, but nothing available. They stated they could check tomorrow, but once we're unpacked we're not moving - especially with grocery stuff.

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Congratulations on being in Maui and celebrating your anniversary!!!

It's nice to know that they're pulling maintenance on rooms. It's also nice that they are putting traders in the nicer wings vs. the highway view rooms.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask what you exchanged and how long it took to get the exchange? Also, what is the condition of the sofa; i.e., comfortable to sit on or worn a bit?

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
May I ask what you exchanged and how long it took to get the exchange? Also, what is the condition of the sofa; i.e., comfortable to sit on or worn a bit?

We exchanged Worldmark. Request first over a year in advance and was confirmed during one of the bulk space banks 9-12 months in advance.

The sofa and chair are a little worn. They sink when you sit on them more than I would like. There are some solid stains on the carpet. The bellman indicated possibly new carpeting in building 4 that is closed, but he sounded like he was speculating and didn't know for sure.

The exercise room on the North side has headphones available for use with nice TVs on each exercise equipment, so I went there this morning. I plan to attend the Monday morning 9:15am "vacation kick-off" to see what that's like as well as the "aloha hold-em" poker event this afternoon.

Got the spouse squared away at the pool and really pick wherever you want. We definitely like slow season. Heavenly bed was great our first night.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Vacation Kick-off"

Some good information about activities.

I guess my spouse signed me up for the lower back class in about 20 minutes. They offer a special for $89/person to attend unlimited classes/fitness for the week (Mon-Fri), so we have my spouse signed up for that as well.

Mike convinced us that their sun products work better, so my spouse will be trying those as well. Hey, if they really help my spouse from getting burned and actually tan then it'll be worth it.

From 6-7 pm tonight at the open house spa all services booked at this time will get 25% off!

We didn't win any of the door prizes.

Beautiful and sunny here at WKORV!!!

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Business center - 2 computers, 1 printer

The business center printer was not working and the front desk could not tell me if they would be fixed at all this week. I guess there's a service where you can print documents from your room and pick them up at the North front desk. However, the front desk believes there's a $1.50/page charge after the first 2 pages.

One of the front desk people said they would print it out for me if I forwarded him what I needed to print, so I forwarded him my pdfs and he printed my 7 pages.

The print from your room website is: www.printme.com

1) select language
2) select printer via "serach now"

a) select "hotel"
b) select "USA"
c) select "Hawaii"
d) select "lahaina" (leave printme id area blank)

3) a list of all hotels in Lahaina will appear
a) select our property
b) enter required fields (email address, villa number)

4) click on "browse" and select document you want to print
a) click on upload when document information is in the field
b) click on "print now"

contact front desk X2601 to notify them of your document

Anyway, another service available if needed

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVD player not working

We were playing a DVD tonight and there must have been some loose wire connection since in the middle of the movie the screen went blank. We called front desk for help, but found a little jiggle of a cable got it to work for now.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
OV owner moved from back of building 2 to front

Met an SVO OV owner who was assigned the furthest back OV room in building 2. She complained it was not really an OV and was eventually assigned the OV room closest to the ocean (just behind the OF rooms).

I'm not sure if it's because she complained and insisted on another room and/or because the resort is in slow season.

Our oven was used last night to bake warm chocolate chip cookies - something that can't be done on the North side.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
lockoff refridgerator freezes most everything

The lock-off refridgerator is freezing most everything. It has already been turned down to #3 out of a possible 7 where 7 is the very coldest setting.

Spouse is at yoga / tai-chi class this morning. Just finished an hour on the elliptical crosstrainer at the North property - supposedly burned off 508 calories.

Another beautiful day here in paradise.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha Hold 'em: 35% off food purchases at Ocean Pool Bar & Grill

1st and 2nd place got a bottle of wine. My 2nd place finish was worth a bottle of Pinot Noir. Consolation prizes included a coupon for 35% off food purchases at Ocean Pool Bar & Grill and a free dessert at the restaurant with entree purchase.

The outdoor grills work quite well. Pretty much given up on the lock-off refridgerator since it freezes stuff even at the lowest setting.

The midweek tidy was nice to replenish our linens and towels today. The recommended suntan lotion and after-sun care products ($16/bottle) DIDN'T keep my spouse from buring today and we followed application EVERY 1.5 hours. Almost makes me want to return the leftover product and ask for a refund.

Bought some awesome sweet pineapple from the fields - tastes as sweeet as candy, just scrumpty delicious.

The crab cakes and scallopps at Roy's last night were fantastic per my spouse. And, of course, the chocolate souffle topped off the evening dinner.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Refrigerator in Lockoff

Please make sure you report the freezer not working to maintenance. They need to contact factory service so this can be fixed. It sounds like it needs replacement parts like a thermostat or possibly something else.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't there $11 - 12 Maui tax/fee that you need to pay per day?
Is that for exchangers only or do owners pay for that as well?
I think Oahu is charging $3-4 per day plus parking fees.

How long have you had WorldMark? Do you like it? How many credits?

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a Hawaii occupancy tax and all timeshares in Hawaii are required to collect this for the state. It varies depending on the size of your unit, but I think the 2 bedrooms now pay over $10 per night.

Everyone (owners & exchangers) pays this tax, unless you are a rental guest (renting directly from Westin) and then the sales tax applies instead.

Ko'Olina will charge for parking unless you are a Marriott owner.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
2br occupancy tax: $8.28/day; no charge for parking

Isn't there $11 - 12 Maui tax/fee that you need to pay per day?
Is that for exchangers only or do owners pay for that as well?
I think Oahu is charging $3-4 per day plus parking fees.

How long have you had WorldMark? Do you like it? How many credits?

Just checked the status of my account, as II exchangers, we're paying $8.28/day for "state tax". There is no charge for parking.

We've been Worldmark owners for over 7 years and we certainly enjoy both exchanging as well as availability of resorts in the Western U.S.. The internal Worldmark system cancellation policy has to be the best out there. Also, check-in and check-out times I also believe is on of the best in timesharing. For example, we're still trying to decided if we want to use our Christmas week in Whistler or cancel it. Also, most Worldmark resorts have a noon check-out. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a noon checkout at any other timeshare.

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spouse is at yoga / tai-chi class this morning. Just finished an hour on the elliptical crosstrainer at the North property - supposedly burned off 508 calories.

Are there yoga classes at the new WKORVN spa/workout area? What's the facility like for classes and working out on the elliptical over there?

When we stayed at WKORV last September we went to a yoga class in the lounge area next to their small workout room. We had to use towels on the carpet. Not an ideal setting for yoga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops, I somehow messed up copying the quote above -- sorry! :doh:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN - exercise equipment in room

Are there yoga classes at the new WKORVN spa/workout area? What's the facility like for classes and working out on the elliptical over there?

When we stayed at WKORV last September we went to a yoga class in the lounge area next to their small workout room. We had to use towels on the carpet. Not an ideal setting for yoga.

No, the spa (at WKORVN) does not offer yoga classes. However, there are Monday - Friday "wellness classes" which do offer "White Tiger Yoga & Tai Chi" classes - cost is $27 + tax for the 1hr 15 min class.

In the exercise room at WKORNV, there are 2 elliptical crosstrainers, I think 5 treadmills, 3 bicyles, and 1 stair stepper - for cardio equipment. A few weight machines, free weights, those balls, and headphones which attach to the cardio equipment with individual TVs.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORVN - exercise equipment in room

No, the spa (at WKORVN) does not offer yoga classes. However, there are Monday - Friday "wellness classes" which do offer "White Tiger Yoga & Tai Chi" classes - cost is $27 + tax for the 1hr 15 min class.

Tuesday - Friday there's a "tropical water fitness" class - $15 per session + tax. There is also classes for lower back, healthy shoulder & rotator cuffs, and weight loss with leg stomach & buttocks toning secrets - each class $25 + TAX. The Thursday morning power walk is complimentary. You can also purchase a pass for $99 to attend unlimited classes ($89 if you sign up on Monday morning during the "vacation kick off" meeting.

In the exercise room at WKORNV, there are 2 elliptical crosstrainers, I think 5 treadmills, 3 bicyles, and 1 stair stepper - for cardio equipment. A few weight machines, free weights, those balls, and headphones which attach to the cardio equipment with individual TVs.

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, LuvMaui. It's good to know what's happening at WKORVN. We'll be back there October 2009.

What kind of room are the classes held in? I hope it's better than that lobby area!

Dee Dee

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wellness classes on lawn facing the ocean

Thanks, LuvMaui. It's good to know what's happening at WKORVN. We'll be back there October 2009.

What kind of room are the classes held in? I hope it's better than that lobby area!

Dee Dee

No rooms for classes. Classes are held outside facing the ocean, near the WKORVN oceanfront bar.

Catazog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ooo, very nice! My husband and I did a little impromtu yoga on the grass overlooking the beach at WKORV last year. You can't beat the view!

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lunch at WKORV pool restaurant - $13.50 for sandwiches

Wow, it was $13.50 for sandwiches at the poolside restaurant at WKORV. Fortunately we used our 35% off food purchases coupon from the poker tournament. Food was just OK.

We had dinner last night at Lahaina Grill (formerly David Paul). I can't believe we never ate there over the last 16 years. The food was excellent and the service was excellent. Prices were definitely on the high side though, but since we celebrated our actual 16th wedding anniversary it was a special evening splurge.

P.S. The server gave us back our 35% off coupon card. I'm wondering if maybe it was good for the whole week, not that we would have used it that much. Anyway, we're done with it and would be glad to mail it to a tugger next to visit WKORV. Just PM me and I'll mail it to the tugger next scheduled to visit WKORV.

Last edited:

dss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the anniversary. I think Lahaina Grill is the best restaurant on the Island, certainly on the West Side... The poolside restaurant is just "okay" but they do offer kids eat free which helps offset the prices.