• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just back from 3 weeks at Buganvilias in PV

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We spent 3 great weeks at the Buganvilias in 3 different units.

The first week (a bonus week), we were in 1864 - Building C. It was a 2-bedroom unit. The Master with bathroom was nice and had a slider to the outside deck. The 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds (very hard) with a bathroom that had two doors - one to the bedroom and one to the entry hall. This unit has not been renovated like many have. Our biggest issue was that the balcony was small and had only 2 chairs that overlooked the pool - 4 adults were there. You could see the ocean from there. From the living room window, you could only see the pool. The unit next door was a model and was awesome with a huge deck and view. ( I would go there when the housekeeper came.)

Our 2nd week, we were in our awesome Sky Suites unit - 2565/2566 (Building A) - that has a very large balcony and view of the entire Bay. Our family & friends spent quality time with us on that balcony! We had a table and 4 chairs + 2 chaise lounges on the balcony. Our unit has 2 Kitchens, 2 balconies (one is smaller & we designate it for the smokers area), 3 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms with King beds (soft). We also have a comfy pull-out sofa and 2 twin/sofa options. This was and awesome week as usual.

Our 3rd week was an SFX exchange for a 2-beroom unit. On Friday, hubs went down to see where we would be moving on Saturday and the luck of the draw was 1379 - Building D. We have stayed in 1280 and 1380 before, but we sure did like 1379. We had a renovated unit with a dishwasher, soft new beds, a nice large refrigerator and a really nice balcony with 4 chairs and 2 chaise lounges. Plus SHADE!!! Hubs has some sun issues and needs to be in the shade most of the time, so this was perfect.

The new lobby is really nice. The Sports Bar was always busy and our kids and friends said the food was great and reasonably priced. None of us went to the Asian restaurant, so I do not have a report on it.

They have not started on the new pool.

We did not do the update as we have what we consider the best unit for one week each year for 7 more years. By then, we will be in our 80's and will just use our Grand Luxxe units when we go to PV because we have a great deal there.

We do love the location. If anyone wants a great 75 minute massage for $35 USD or 650 Pesos, I highly recommend Spa Claudia that is just past the Mega from the resort.

We did not eat onsite because we like to check out the local places. El Patron is a good local restaurant two blocks up after you cross the street at light in front of the hotel entrance. It closes at 7:45, so go early. One of our best finds was closer to Old Town. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...eviews-Mariscos_El_Guero-Puerto_Vallarta.html We took the bus ( stop in front of the vacant lot next door to Buganvilias) that said Centro and got off after we crossed the river. One block ahead and then 2 blocks to your left. It is on the corner. The Coconut shrimp and Garlic shrimp are both awesome! Some of our friends who live in PV during the winter recommended it last year. We went twice with others who were at the Buganvilias and they loved it too.

We are looking forward to next November!

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Phyllis! My FB sent me memories of our trip there last year where we met you and your husband. I want to go back. LOL! Missing Tacon de Marlin and El Barracuda! haha

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed your review, Pittle. I’ve made note of your restaurant reviews and also the spa for a massage. We will be there in January.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The Coconut shrimp and Garlic shrimp are both awesome! Some of our friends who live in PV during the winter recommended it last year. We went twice with others who were at the Buganvilias and they loved it too.

I think we might try this restaurant this winter. I read the reviews from your link and the place seems like it would be worth the go. I keep thinking about trading into the Bunganvilias every time I read your trip reports. :D

Bill

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
A friend of ours bought a condo near Mariscos El Guero and eats there all the time when he's in town. We've gone with him a couple of times when our paths cross down there. The last time there was a power outage and my wife wound up eating in a candlelit restaurant (I had to leave early for work). Haven't tried their shrimp dishes yet; the filets of mahimahi are quite good. I do like the coconut shrimp at El Patron and one of the waiters has a 1 BR apartment that he is willing to rent out for about $500/month a few blocks away. We'll be taking him up on that sometime.

I'll second @pittle on Buganvilias; we wound up picking up a Presidential Sky Suite there for week 9 that still has about 7 years left on it based on her recommendation. Not as nice as her Imperial one, but still fabulous and it's quite a good location. We've enjoyed our exchanges there into the Flintstone furniture Presidential suites, too; the 2 BR ones are better, though. Haven't tried going there through SFX, but I do have a certificate for a 5 day 4 night stay good there through next fall that will probably be a Presidential (1BR Flintstone) - I don't think I'll be able to use it, so if you are interested, @easyrider, just let me know and I can make a reservation with it; got it from SFX, so there isn't an exchange fee or anything involved and I'd hate to see it go to waste. (N.B., the last time I got one of these from SFX and used it, it wound up actually being good for a whole week from Saturday to Saturday because that's how they make the reservations at Buganvilias. Confused them when we checked in on a Monday (late based on the reservation) and we wound up with some extra time overlapping with a reservation we had at Grand Luxxe, but that just made the check-in wait a lot easier.)

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I have a week to deposit with SFX, I thought that the 4 free days were at Vidanta this year because NV, PV, RM, PP, ACA and Cabo were listed. Guess I need to double-check before I book our flights. :) We enjoyed our 4 extra days in 2018.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Haven't tried going there through SFX, but I do have a certificate for a 5 day 4 night stay good there through next fall that will probably be a Presidential (1BR Flintstone) - I don't think I'll be able to use it, so if you are interested

Thank you Eric. I will keep that generous offer in mind but I really doubt that we would be able to use it.

We usually stay in Nuevo Vallarta at the VDP Flamigos. I have stayed in PV at the VDP just down the road from the Bungavillas but think the Bungavillas would be a better location and view.

Bill