• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

January TUG get-together?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Unaccustomed As I Am . . .

Alan, you know both Golden Corrals....which will it be?
Whoa ! -- since when did I get to be the Grand Pro of Golden Corral selection ?

By, me they're all the same -- you see 1 & you've seen'm all.
Eileen is right. Sand Lake is nicer.
But in view of the testimony of Eileen & Hunky, who am I to stand in the way of getting together at the preferred place ?

So Sand Lake it is, same time & same date -- 2PM on January 18, 2012

New Golden Corral meet-up address = 8032 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819. Telephone = (407) 352-6606

Click here for Google map of the new location.

Only downside I can think of is the possibility that some of the people planning on meeting up at the old location might not get the word about the change. Or might forget. (After all, some of us are semi-forgetful sr. citz.) All we can do is spread the word & remind people, so that everybody planning on getting together will know where to show up.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the new chocolate fountains they are advertising! Have a chocolate-dipped strawberry for me!

Dori

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
So is it on Sand Lake or Vineland Golden Corral?

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Sand lake, see Alan s post with address

LouiseG

Reaction score
I agree, Sand Lake is nicer. Besides, I work right up the road from it so I might be able to join you all for the 1st time.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I will be there and will wear my TUG shirt so I will be recoginized.
TerryC

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I will be there and will wear my TUG shirt so I will be recoginized.
TerryC

Great, Terry, we ll look forward to seeing you!

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals,
I will be at DVC/AKV for this coming week. Would like to go - anyone staying in the area who I could catch a ride to and fro?

PM would be a great way to offer ... TIA

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We really have a fine list of people who responded and said they were coming. 12 TUGGER addresses plus 2 families of us!

We are meeting at Golden Corral Jan 18th at 2 p.m.

Golden Corral meet-up address = 8032 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819. Telephone = (407) 352-6606

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Us Too !

We are meeting at Golden Corral Jan 18th at 2 p.m.

Golden Corral meet-up address = 8032 International Drive, Orlando FL 32819. Telephone = (407) 352-6606

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone!
We will be there.

Can hardly wait !

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Golden Corral Jan 18th at 2 P.M.

Hope everyone had a great time.
How about an update...

EileenL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonderful meeting so many lovely people 20 or 24 spread over three tables but still got to talk to many - most of us were there at 2pm and stayed until 7pm (some left earlier)

Great stories about places people have been or what they own - trying to put the faces with the names on here now.

Thanks everyone who came - this was fun to meet other timeshare travelers

dreamin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't that wonderful that so many people showed up for the Orlando get-together. We'll be arriving in Orlando tomorrow. I've taken note of the different day trips we can do as suggested by other Tuggers. We'll be spending one day in St. Augustine as it looks like there's lots to see and do there. Ron & Joan - you had previously mentioned that you would be interested in meeting in St. Augustine for lunch. Are you available any day from the 22nd - 27th? Our schedule is flexible. Maybe there will be others who are in the area that week that would also be interested.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thursday this week

Hello TUGGERS in Florida
all those who missed the get together in Orlando can meet here at our unit in St Augustine on Thursday around 3 p.m. for coffee/tea. Dreamin will be here then and anyone else is welcome

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a delightful visit with all in Orlando. And running into some of you at Hollywood Studios a few nights later was totally unexpected (of course, I should not have ridden Star Tours 3X in a row just prior to that).

:hi: Hope other Tuggers make the effort - it was really worth the visit with everyone!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Resemble That Remark. (Except For The Hollywood Studios Part.)

It was a delightful visit with all in Orlando. And running into some of you at Hollywood Studios a few nights later was totally unexpected (of course, I should not have ridden Star Tours 3X in a row just prior to that).

:hi: Hope other Tuggers make the effort - it was really worth the visit with everyone!
Getting together with TUG people is really fun -- a highlight of our Florida vacation.

Now that a critical mass of people are meeting & greeting at these events, maybe it would enhance the experience to try changing places at the table(s) with every new buffet plate of Golden Corral treats. That would put people (for a time) in contact with more of the assembled TUG folks than just staying in 1 spot all afternoon.

However it happens in the future, it's really enriching to meet people face to face that we've been typing back & forth with here on TUG-BBS.

Can hardly wait till next time.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Hi Tuggers, I went to the Orlando meeting and enjoyed meeting fellow tuggers. I was the one wearing the TUG T-shirt. Met a nice couple from FL and hope to get together with them again soon so my husband can meet them too.
Thanks for the invite. Nice to put faces with names on TUG.
TerryC AKA Silentg

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting together with TUG people is really fun -- a highlight of our Florida vacation.

Now that a critical mass of people are meeting & greeting at these events, maybe it would enhance the experience to try changing places at the table(s) with every new buffet plate of Golden Corral treats. That would put people (for a time) in contact with more of the assembled TUG folks than just staying in 1 spot all afternoon.

However it happens in the future, it's really enriching to meet people face to face that we've been typing back & forth with here on TUG-BBS.

Can hardly wait till next time.

Great idea! Any idea which week it might be scheduled, for 2013?

Sorry we missed the event this year, we had fun joining you back in 2010. But we reminisced about y'all when we recently ate lunch at a Golden Corral, and I got my first senior discount! We agreed we should have timed it for later, so we could stay for dinner too. :D

michpich35

Reaction score
sounds like fun...

sounds like you all had a great time. Next time we can meet in London where I'm, I'll even invite you to meet my friend who will have the tea & biscuits ready....her name is 'The Queen'....:wave:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe next year, more advertising, and moving it to a convention center - like the Wyndham Orlando Resort (it's a hotel and convention center, not part of the timeshare division).

TS

Well, we had 2 months heads up planning for the date and it is just a meal together, so probably wouldn't need a convention center. Golden Corral seems to meet our needs to eat ALL AFTERNOON at a fabulously inexpensive price.

Trading places would have been a good idea, Alan, and we can try it next time. Musical chairs revived!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We really enjoyed meeting Dreamin this week, here in St Augustine.

Simpsontruckdriver - we know our dates here for next jauary, we'll get out a date as soon as Away We Go knows his!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
So Cool That This Is Happening Again This Year (2013).

What a fun happening !

Enthusiastically looking forward to this year's edition of this recurring event -- all set for 2PM Monday, January 21, 2013, at the Golden Corral, 8707 Vineland Avenue, Orlando FL 32821. (Telephone = 407-938-9500.)

Click here for more.