• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

James Ieva (true vacation solutions)

Warsantino

Reaction score
Please do not use James Ieva for a Timeshare. He has multiple eBay user names, also has multiple businesses with his latest one being true vacation solutions. He has taken money from me and multiple other people. I hope others will learn from what happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Agree! In the past he has been known as VacationSalvation and VCS, all out Kingwood Texas. I've purchased several timeshares from multiple sellers, and only had 1 bad experience which was with James Leva. I finally got what I purchased, but I think it was because I saw enough warning signs I left him negative feedback on Ebay, and he really wanted to fix that. I've never been screamed at over the phone like I was by James Leva!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando, Sedona; attempted Club Wyndham access with True Vacation Solutions
Please do not use James Ieva for a Timeshare. He has multiple eBay user names, also has multiple businesses with his latest one being true vacation solutions. He has taken money from me and multiple other people. I hope others will learn from what happened to me.

I would like to get some names to file a Class Action Lawsuit against this Crook. If any of you would like to join me please email me: reneesog@yahoo.com ; I have read all the blogs and he has done all the above/below to me as well; yells, screams, threatens, stated to me today:" I have something coming to you!" (threat) He was recording the call and tried to remain calm after a previous threatening phone call. he has promised my money back since July, then Sept, then October. He gave me a fake last name early in our conversations; he is a PSYCHO! If there is a class action lawsuit I will recommend armed guards in the courtroom. I will be placing a call to my attorney today to give me a referral in Houston area. I have Legal Shield; anyone with LS/ Legal Zoom is welcome to share the fun! I would like to see his man go to Jail (with Psychiatric evaluation and treatment) as he has ripped off many people and myself, close to $4000.00 which is considered Grand Theft. That is worthy of Jail. Talking to him does not work as I have attempted this since April after the initial 90 days I was to receive my Wyndham Points. I have made a complaint to EBAY. I have also informed James Richard who was the seller and who is also in the blogs. I don't get upset anymore as this man is very unstable and it is Futile attempt to get my money back. Please reply ASAP. Thank you. I will go through list and try to contact you individually; I am new to this site today and not sure I'll be able to contact anyone. Thank you. Annette 480-231-4341 Please leave message as I get many SPAM calls and don't answer the phone unless there is a name attached/ expecting a call from a geographic area. Thank you and God Bless. Attorney General is a good start also as I just saw someone wrote that. Not sure what AG can do. thx.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would like to get some names to file a Class Action Lawsuit against this Crook. If any of you would like to join me please email me: reneesog@yahoo.com ; I have read all the blogs and he has done all the above/below to me as well; yells, screams, threatens, stated to me today:" I have something coming to you!" (threat) He was recording the call and tried to remain calm after a previous threatening phone call. he has promised my money back since July, then Sept, then October. He gave me a fake last name early in our conversations; he is a PSYCHO! If there is a class action lawsuit I will recommend armed guards in the courtroom. I will be placing a call to my attorney today to give me a referral in Houston area. I have Legal Shield; anyone with LS/ Legal Zoom is welcome to share the fun! I would like to see his man go to Jail (with Psychiatric evaluation and treatment) as he has ripped off many people and myself, close to $4000.00 which is considered Grand Theft. That is worthy of Jail. Talking to him does not work as I have attempted this since April after the initial 90 days I was to receive my Wyndham Points. I have made a complaint to EBAY. I have also informed James Richard who was the seller and who is also in the blogs. I don't get upset anymore as this man is very unstable and it is Futile attempt to get my money back. Please reply ASAP. Thank you. I will go through list and try to contact you individually; I am new to this site today and not sure I'll be able to contact anyone. Thank you. Annette 480-231-4341 Please leave message as I get many SPAM calls and don't answer the phone unless there is a name attached/ expecting a call from a geographic area. Thank you and God Bless. Attorney General is a good start also as I just saw someone wrote that. Not sure what AG can do. thx.
It seems you have posted this issue in multiple threads, which is fine, but what steps have you taken so far?

Have you filed a police report either in your home town or the town where this outfit operates? You can't get someone criminally charged (to be sent to jail) if you don't file a report of fraud. Reporting the issue to the state Attorney General in your home state and the state where the outfit is located, while it may seem like a waste of time, is important. They track these issues and if they start to see a pattern or a lot of people impacted, they will file charges and they will prosecute. However, if no one ever reports the issue, they have nothing. People won't report because they think it won't do any good, but we have seen many reports on these boards where these crooks have been sent to jail and forced to pay millions of dollars in fines (which they will probably just bankrupt). It happens, but has no chance of happening if you don't report the issue to the state AG's office or filling a police report.

In addition to this, you could perhaps get your attorney involved to write a refund demand letter on legal letterhead and send it to them. Again, it may not be fruitful but if you later file a small claims court lawsuit, it will show you made attempts to reclaim the stolen money.

I really think your important next steps are to file a police report and contact the state AGs. A class action lawsuit probably won't work. Attorneys know you can't get blood from a stone, the money is gone. I doubt the guy is just sitting on bags of the cash he stole. No attorney will take this up. This is something for a prosecutor to get involved in. Unfortunately, even if he is caught and prosecuted, you may need to consider the money gone.

Warsantino

Reaction score
It seems you have posted this issue in multiple threads, which is fine, but what steps have you taken so far?

Have you filed a police report either in your home town or the town where this outfit operates? You can't get someone criminally charged (to be sent to jail) if you don't file a report of fraud. Reporting the issue to the state Attorney General in your home state and the state where the outfit is located, while it may seem like a waste of time, is important. They track these issues and if they start to see a pattern or a lot of people impacted, they will file charges and they will prosecute. However, if no one ever reports the issue, they have nothing. People won't report because they think it won't do any good, but we have seen many reports on these boards where these crooks have been sent to jail and forced to pay millions of dollars in fines (which they will probably just bankrupt). It happens, but has no chance of happening if you don't report the issue to the state AG's office or filling a police report.

In addition to this, you could perhaps get your attorney involved to write a refund demand letter on legal letterhead and send it to them. Again, it may not be fruitful but if you later file a small claims court lawsuit, it will show you made attempts to reclaim the stolen money.

I really think your important next steps are to file a police report and contact the state AGs. A class action lawsuit probably won't work. Attorneys know you can't get blood from a stone, the money is gone. I doubt the guy is just sitting on bags of cash. No attorney will take this up. This is something for a prosecutor to get involved in.

I have made a complaint with Texas AGs office and filed a report with the FBI and local law enforcement. So when you contact these organizations his name will be on file.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have made a complaint with Texas AGs office and filed a report with the FBI and local law enforcement. So when you contact these organizations his name will be on file.

So I sugged @Annette Rousseau doing all of these same things. The more cases brought to their attention, the more likely they will take some action. Don't not report is just because someone already has in their situation.

If any communication or funds were sent via mail, then mail fraud also comes in to play.

Warsantino

Reaction score
The advice you provided her was perfect. Hopefully she will also do this. That’s why I love this forum. Others helping one another against people who pry on others.

Warsantino

Reaction score
Some updated information about a fine individual selling timeshares. If anyone has dealt With True vacation solutions,
Community vacation property, Treveler555 on eBay, Richardjohn1969 on eBay or by name James Ieva. The Harris County District Attorney Office of the State of Texas and Houston Police Department are now conducting an investigation in regards to this individual and his numerous business names. They are looking for anyone who was been victimized. Contact them with your information. This wouldn’t have been made possible without this community.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona, Orlando, lake tahoe
Posting for all to see. I am now one of MANY scammed by the creapy guy James Ieva and possibly his wife is on the game. What you need to do before you call the Officer in Houston I will leave at end of the message. Please have a police report made out in your jurisdiction. Have your cancelled check, document of demand letter to JI/ TVS, any emails, texts, timelines of what occurred. Anything linking to JI/TVS. Phone call financial crimes unit: 832-395-1835. You will need to fill out a questionnaire in addition Officer will send to you. This should be very quick. If you know anyone else scammed please pass on. Thank you. Danielle
This is all going to the DA. His time has run out ripping people off . Now he has a so called Christian Company targeting seniors to get their time share points and he will get the contracts and hold on to them and not sell. He sells the weeks/ makes reservations for people and pockets the money when the owners are paying the maintenance. How wicked and cruel and arrogant!..Again, please follow up so this guys sentence is expedited. Danielle.
wherethesonshines99@gmail.com

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree! In the past he has been known as VacationSalvation and VCS, all out Kingwood Texas. I've purchased several timeshares from multiple sellers, and only had 1 bad experience which was with James Leva. I finally got what I purchased, but I think it was because I saw enough warning signs I left him negative feedback on Ebay, and he really wanted to fix that. I've never been screamed at over the phone like I was by James Leva!

I really think your important next steps are to file a police report and contact the state AGs. A class action lawsuit probably won't work. Attorneys know you can't get blood from a stone, the money is gone. I doubt the guy is just sitting on bags of the cash he stole. No attorney will take this up. This is something for a prosecutor to get involved in. Unfortunately, even if he is caught and prosecuted, you may need to consider the money gone.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please see Danielle Smith post today. thank you. danielle

Warsantino

Reaction score
It’s joyous to write this. Someone who’s been doing things (stealing money from people for timeshares) he or she shouldn’t be doing was suppose to have gotten arrested yesterday. But this person wasn’t home and actually out of state. But that’s ok they can run but can’t hide. Karma is finally catching up to this person.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
It sounds like some very serious charges and glad to see it, he got me too. I didn't think anyone would care or do anything about it but they put in the work and hopefully shut him down for good.

Warsantino

Reaction score
The officer did an amazing job. Before he could put the cuffs on him Mr. James Ieva fled Texas for the state of Florida. His warrant is in the system so he can be arrested in every state. Now let’s all try and find him and let him go to jail.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
The officer did an amazing job. Before he could put the cuffs on him Mr. James Ieva fled Texas for the state of Florida. His warrant is in the system so he can be arrested in every state. Now let’s all try and find him and let him go to jail.

I’m glad to hear that.

hughpmcaree

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just spoke to Adam Broderick of the Harris county District Attornys office Houston Texas - James Ieva is going to trial next week and they usually pled it out before unless they have a good case - so they feel they have a good case - trial starts next week and they have a lot of people that were scammed to show up all over the country- a lot of people did not respond to it or could not fly in to Texas ( I think he said they have like 12-15 people willing to testify in person) as I was one of the people that could not fly in and was scammed by this scumbag!
This is phone number of Adam Broderick handling case.
713 274 5555

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Thank you for the update! The justice system plods along slowly (especially when the defendant flees the state) but it seems that in this case it might be successful in prosecuting him.